Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

What's up with this?

Started by Angry White Male, January 13, 2017, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No one is responsible for you being depressed.  Its your life and ypur choice...I post this here for ya too:

http://i68.tinypic.com/96m107.jp">

I would agree with some of that Berry..

But, my house had $40,000 worth of damage in the Southern Alberta flood of 2013..

People in Fort McMurray had their houses burn down through no fault of their own.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No one is responsible for you being depressed.

I'm not depressed.

The women on POF make me depressed.

Not sure why you're having so much trouble comprehending things lately, Berry.  Maybe lay off the dope a bit...  Seriously.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

The women on POF make me depressed..

Its not their problem, its yours.  Dont like it dont go there.  I dont do that shit at all.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No one is responsible for you being depressed.  Its your life and ypur choice...I post this here for ya too:

But, my house had $40,000 worth of damage in the Southern Alberta flood of 2013..

People in Fort McMurray had their houses burn down through no fault of their own.

No one said life was going to be easy.  I cant feel sorry for everyone...aint everyone feel sorry for me...but I keep jumping those hurdles anyways.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No one said life was going to be easy.  I cant feel sorry for everyone...aint everyone feel sorry for me...but I keep jumping those hurdles anyways.

Don't talk too "tough and independent," Berry...

If it wasn't for my tax dollars funding the social assistance programs on which you rely, you'd be sucking random dick for your next meal...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

No one said life was going to be easy.  I cant feel sorry for everyone...aint everyone feel sorry for me...but I keep jumping those hurdles anyways.

I don't expect or want sympathy..

We made sacrifices and fixed the damage and since my husband has a master electrician designation he volunteered his skills to those in Calgary who couldn't afford to hire anyone to repair the damage..

I do feel empathy for the people in Fort McMurray who lost everything through no fault of their own.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No one said life was going to be easy.  I cant feel sorry for everyone...aint everyone feel sorry for me...but I keep jumping those hurdles anyways.

Don't talk too "tough and independent," Berry...

If it wasn't for my tax dollars funding the social assistance programs on which you rely, you'd be sucking random dick for your next meal...

Yes Mel, you are the only one in the world that works....if it wasn't for you, all of us here at the cashew would be literally fucked!!

Tell me...did you season your microwaved omelette with your extremely expencive -and out of price range for everyone in the world except you- salt and pepper shakers before you tossed it on a bagel?

Berry Sweet

We made sacrifices and fixed the damage and since my husband has a master electrician designation he volunteered his skills to those in Calgary who couldn't afford to hire anyone to repair the damage..

I do feel empathy for the people in Fort McMurray who lost everything through no fault of their own.

They are not the first and they are not the last.  They are lucky to be alive.

Angry White Male

It's not an omelette, it's an egger.  There is an omelette sized one that you can by though, should you want to.

And of course I use my wooden, made in France shakers to season the mix!  Why wouldn't I?  They grind beautifully!

Anonymous

And I am lucky to have been blessed with good health, a nice home and since we are able to help others, it's our duty to do that.

Anonymous

And I am lucky to have been blessed with good health, a nice home and since we are able to help others, it's our duty to do that.

I choose the charities I give to carefully. I won't to give to one where ten cents on the dollar actually goes towards aid with the rest paying for salaries or the upkeep on expensive buildings. The charities I give to also have to be local.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista" blessed with good health, a nice home and since we are able to help others, it's our duty to do that.

You know some personal stuff about me...it should give you a reason to understand where I come from and why I am done with helping others.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista" blessed with good health, a nice home and since we are able to help others, it's our duty to do that.

You know some personal stuff about me...it should give you a reason to understand where I come from and why I am done with helping others.

Okay Berry, I understand.

ac_smile

Aryan

I agree with that to an extent, but its undeniable that some people are dealt a shitty hand in life, for example someone born into a poor broken family without caring parents in comparison to a rich wealthy kid who has a strong bond with his or her family.

But being bitter about that kind of thing is not healthy, and instead making the best of what you have is a much better approach and will ultimately make you happier.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"

I agree with that to an extent, but its undeniable that some people are dealt a shitty hand in life, for example someone born into a poor broken family without caring parents in comparison to a rich wealthy kid who has a strong bond with his or her family.

But being bitter about that kind of thing is not healthy, and instead making the best of what you have is a much better approach and will ultimately make you happier.

Most people that need help are the authors of their own fate and I say fuck em. However, there are some exceptions. The most obvious being children abused and like Fash said, victims of natural disasters.

Herm's point seems to be that charity is an industry and it is. A lot of people are getting donor fatigue.