The best topic

Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Beer at BC Barbershops?

Started by RW, January 22, 2017, 11:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Hooray for day drinking?

QuoteRelaxed B.C. liquor laws come into effect Monday

British Columbia small business owners and their clients say they're excited about relaxed liquor regulations coming into effect on Monday.

One of the biggest changes will allow any business to apply for a liquor licence.

John Yap, parliamentary secretary to the Minister of Small Business and Red Tape Reduction, said he expects spas, bookstores and cooking schools will apply.

Jeff Campeau, from Vancouver's Victory Barber and Brand, hopes to be the first B.C. barbershop to legally offer beer or spirits alongside haircuts.

"We're actually pretty excited about it," he said. "We think it's a nice service to offer our clients while they're in the chair or while they're waiting -- to be able to have a beer, relax."

Other changes coming into effect Monday include liquor permits for charity events, legalization of complimentary cocktails upon check-in at hotels and new rules intended to speed up liquor license application reviews.

Many of the changes were recommended as part of B.C.'s 2013 Liquor Policy Review, which consulted with the public, police, businesspeople and public health officials.

Yap, who oversaw the review, said the changes strike a balance between "enhanced convenience for customers," increased "business opportunities" and "social responsibility."

Yap concluded in his review that the changes will create jobs, particularly in the tourism sector, which employed 126,000 British Columbians at the time of the review.

Ian Tostenson, president of the BC Restaurant and Foodservices Association, said restauranteurs are "very happy" with the changes, many of which are "behind the scenes."

Some of the new rules already came into effect, including the sale of B.C. wines in licensed grocery stores, and the ability to order cocktails through hotel room service 24 hours per day.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Hey Shen!  Maybe one day, you can come to BC and order a family bucket of KFC and a mojito!
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Wonder if they will serve drinks in a sippy cup to keep hair out of the drinks...LOL  Yes I would drink a margarita from a sippy cup if necessary.

:3og2y8p:

http://i.imgur.com/JA8fRHT.jpg?1">
">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Hooray for day drinking?

British Columbia small business owners and their clients say they're excited about relaxed liquor regulations coming into effect on Monday.

One of the biggest changes will allow any business to apply for a liquor licence.

John Yap, parliamentary secretary to the Minister of Small Business and Red Tape Reduction, said he expects spas, bookstores and cooking schools will apply.

Jeff Campeau, from Vancouver's Victory Barber and Brand, hopes to be the first B.C. barbershop to legally offer beer or spirits alongside haircuts.

"We're actually pretty excited about it," he said. "We think it's a nice service to offer our clients while they're in the chair or while they're waiting -- to be able to have a beer, relax."

Other changes coming into effect Monday include liquor permits for charity events, legalization of complimentary cocktails upon check-in at hotels and new rules intended to speed up liquor license application reviews.

Many of the changes were recommended as part of B.C.'s 2013 Liquor Policy Review, which consulted with the public, police, businesspeople and public health officials.

Yap, who oversaw the review, said the changes strike a balance between "enhanced convenience for customers," increased "business opportunities" and "social responsibility."

Yap concluded in his review that the changes will create jobs, particularly in the tourism sector, which employed 126,000 British Columbians at the time of the review.

Ian Tostenson, president of the BC Restaurant and Foodservices Association, said restauranteurs are "very happy" with the changes, many of which are "behind the scenes."

Some of the new rules already came into effect, including the sale of B.C. wines in licensed grocery stores, and the ability to order cocktails through hotel room service 24 hours per day.

If I get a trip out West, I will be sure not to get a haircut before I go.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Hooray for day drinking?

Terrible.

RW

Yeah I'm thinking this isn't going to be a good idea.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Yeah I'm thinking this isn't going to be a good idea.

Is this a popular idea in BC?

RW

They say it is with business owners and the public.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"They say it is with business owners and the public.

I see.

Berry Sweet

I use to get my hair cut at a salon that would offer me wine...it was nice but not everytime...generally I would take tea instead....lot of alcoholics out there and there are way too many beer and wine stores.

Alcohol is a problem for so many people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I use to get my hair cut at a salon that would offer me wine...it was nice but not everytime...generally I would take tea instead....lot of alcoholics out there and there are way too many beer and wine stores.

The hairstylists drank while holding scissors near your neck and ears? ac_wot

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I use to get my hair cut at a salon that would offer me wine...it was nice but not everytime...generally I would take tea instead....lot of alcoholics out there and there are way too many beer and wine stores.

Ugh...nooo...it was an upscale hair salon....so yes, they offer the client booze to drink while they cut your hair...no the stylist doesnt drink while cutting your hair....but then again...you never know.....people of all wakes of life and all professions have problems with alcohol....ive seen buisnessmen go into beer and wine stores (around noonish) buy a single tallie or 2 of them...head to a trail or alley and chug them back....then head back to work.

You'd be surprised how many people out there have alcoholic problems and you never would've guessed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

Ugh...nooo...it was an upscale hair salon....so yes, they offer the client booze to drink while they cut your hair...no the stylist doesnt drink while cutting your hair....but then again...you never know.....people of all wakes of life and all professions have problems with alcohol....ive seen buisnessmen go into beer and wine stores (around noonish) buy a single tallie or 2 of them...head to a trail or alley and chug them back....then head back to work.

You'd be surprised how many people out there have alcoholic problems and you never would've guessed.

Ya, I know a few like that. I remember going to a doctor when I lived in South America who was drunk.

Berry Sweet

Yes Herman...docs out there too....I remember I went to a walkin clinic to get a prescription cause I had a bladder infection....there was no one in the clinic and the doc was his own secretary...anyhow...while I was peeing in the bathroom to provide a sample, i came out the bathroom and the doc was smoking by the exit....unprofessional....he seemed odd too....then after I told a few people, I find out this guy got busted for writing himself prescrptions and getting high...i guess he was on some sort of probation for that walk in clinic....I never went back there.