Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Neopalpa donaldtrumpi moth

Started by RW, January 23, 2017, 09:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Tiny moth with a scaly yellow head and 'unique genitalia' is named after Donald Trump

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/18/09/3C3AF83F00000578-0-image-a-13_1484731725522.jpg">

Evolutionary biologist Dr Vazrick Nazari said the new insect, which is a type of twirler moth, bore an uncanny resemblance to Mr Trump because of the yellowish-white scales on its head.

It also has 'unique genitalia' which has never before been seen in a male of a similar species.  Its genital 'valvae are strongly curved' with an 'acute tip,' according to the study.

Revealing the flying insect in the latest edition of the journal Zookeys, he said the tuft reminded him of the incoming president's hairstyle.

It had been discovered hidden in the collections if the Bohart Museum of Entomology at the University of California. It is native to southern California and Baja Mexico.

Dr Nazari said: 'The discovery of this distinct micro-moth in the densely populated and otherwise zoologically well-studied southern California underscores the importance of conservation of the fragile habitats that still contain undescribed and threatened species, and highlights the paucity of interest in species-level taxonomy of smaller faunal elements in North America.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4131374/Moth-unique-genitalia-named-Donald-Trump.html">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... Trump.html">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4131374/Moth-unique-genitalia-named-Donald-Trump.html
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

You figure you have not started enough T threads?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"You figure you have not started enough T threads?

RW has a severe case of TDS. Nothing better trade deals, job growth and enforcing immigration law can't cure.

RW

Hey!  When you two start creating threads, you can take shots at my choices.

This thread is about a new species of moth.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"You figure you have not started enough T threads?

Do you remember when Gay Boy Bob was here?

He started a couple per day and that was before Donald Trump won his party's nomination.

RW

Well Trump is big news and rather than butch about my threads, they are welcome to start their own that aren't about Trump but they aren't doing that either.  My latest threads have been about political comedy, the Women's March, recent WH press lies, a question about making change in Islam, a question about accepting political lies, and a new moth.  

Those are more threads than anyone else has started recently.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Well Trump is big news and rather than butch about my threads, they are welcome to start their own that aren't about Trump but they aren't doing that either.  My latest threads have been about political comedy, the Women's March, recent WH press lies, a question about making change in Islam, a question about accepting political lies, and a new moth.  

If this is what you enjoy RW, you don't need to explain it to me or anyone else..

Maybe some people don't like my threads.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"Well Trump is big news and rather than butch about my threads, they are welcome to start their own that aren't about Trump but they aren't doing that either.  My latest threads have been about political comedy, the Women's March, recent WH press lies, a question about making change in Islam, a question about accepting political lies, and a new moth.  

If this is what you enjoy RW, you don't need to explain it to me or anyone else..

Maybe some people don't like my threads.

I like threads.  The more the merrier I say!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Thiel

A young woman who works for me is convinced Trump not only has the power to strip Muslims and Mexican-Americans of citizenship, he plans to do it. She is an otherwise intelligent, young woman, but she becomes irrational at the mention of the POTUS.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"A young woman who works for me is convinced Trump not only has the power to strip Muslims and Mexican-Americans of citizenship, he plans to do it. She is an otherwise intelligent, young woman, but she becomes irrational at the mention of the POTUS.

Politics and religion seldom become topics of conversation where I work, and that suits me fine..

The two exceptions are our provincial carbon tax and the surprise election of Donald Trump.

RW

Quote from: "Thiel"A young woman who works for me is convinced Trump not only has the power to strip Muslims and Mexican-Americans of citizenship, he plans to do it. She is an otherwise intelligent, young woman, but she becomes irrational at the mention of the POTUS.

I think that's true for a lot of people.  I think people are just scared because they have no idea what's to come.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Thiel

I generally try to avoid politics while I am working. I will listen, but I seldom offer my two cents to my employees.
gay, conservative and proud

cc

QuoteI think that's true for a lot of people. I think people are just scared because they have no idea what's to come.

I guess that's so for those who do not follow things closely, and / or have been longtime  hornswagled by the MSM

For me, I strongly fear what O has left for him / everyone

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"
QuoteI think that's true for a lot of people. I think people are just scared because they have no idea what's to come.

I guess that's so for those who do not follow things closely, and / or have been longtime  hornswagled by the MSM

For me, I strongly fear what O has left for him / everyone

He left him a note that reads:

GOOD LUCK!
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

He left a gazillions times more trouble than that, prolly more than anyone can deal with / ever put back to right in fact

I deliberately prefaced it with "I guess that's so for those who do not follow things closely, and / or have been longtime hornswagled by the MSM"

if "glib" works fer ya, I'm good with that.

Got any more neat new moths?