Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Filipinos Make Great Canadians

Started by Gary Oak, April 27, 2013, 12:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Odinson"

It´s some kind of a weird mentality that we have. Scandinavian young boys love to fight. No "word-battles", actual battles... Swedes and the norwegians are the same.

No offense, but I never thought of Scandinavian guys as being tough.

[/b]

no kidding......especially their hockey players.......hahahahaha

Kiss my ass. lol

Anonymous

It´s some kind of a weird mentality that we have. Scandinavian young boys love to fight. No "word-battles", actual battles... Swedes and the norwegians are the same.

It´s because our cities are so clean. lol

Citizens take pride in their communities and clean up after themselves?

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yes. There are no garbage on the sides of roads on my little island. No graffitis, no nothing.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/hiihoo/rovaniemi/saarenkyla.JPG">

My house is a little bit right from the edge of that pic.

They call this place the hobbitton (quiet peaceful place) or the orange county because this is a wealthy neighbourhood.

Anonymous

Yes. There are no garbage on the sides of roads on my little island. No graffitis, no nothing.

They call this place the hobbitton (quiet peaceful place) or the orange county because this is a wealthy neighbourhood.

Oh it looks so beautiful Odie..

My husband would love to have a place near there.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"

That looks like bloody summer heaven there Odie.

This place is an old viking settlement. The town/centre starts about 5kilometres left from the picture.

I´m not sure if I prefer tropical summer to this... Pretty much as hot but without the moist in the air.

Odinson

This place is an old viking settlement. The town/centre starts about 5kilometres left from the picture.

I´m not sure if I prefer tropical summer to this... Pretty much as hot but without the moist in the air.

It looks like a summer outdoors person's paradise. You'll have to show me around it someday. ;)

That would be interesting.  ;)

Odinson

It looks like a summer outdoors person's paradise. You'll have to show me around it someday. ;)

That would be interesting.  ;)

You can play viking and "conquer" me. ;)

Mmmm what a rush..  :D

Anonymous

It has a rich history too Odie.

Odinson

Less than a kilometer to the right of that pic is a 1000 years old viking beacon. Beacons are big bonfires on top of hills/mountains and they were used in a row to quickly alert the kingdom of enclosing enemy-force. In this case the enemy would be other norse-lords because no southerner would have dared to attack the vikings back in the day.

My town was destroyed by the germans back in 1944. My grandmother told me stories how she was helped by the german wehrmacht soldiers to evacuate. The german soldiers told her that after they are gone, there will be troops carrying swastika-banners whom will show no mercy and they will destroy and kill everything and every1 they come across with.

My grandfather took a trophy from one these nazi annihilation-units... It´s not a sliced off ear/nose or anything like that  :lol: but a steel-helmet with a totenkopf on it.

I have it and collectors would pay over 2000e for it.. I won´t sell it.  :)

Anonymous

Less than a kilometer to the right of that pic is a 1000 years old viking beacon. Beacons are big bonfires on top of hills/mountains and they were used in a row to quickly alert the kingdom of enclosing enemy-force. In this case the enemy would be other norse-lords because no southerner would have dared to attack the vikings back in the day.

My town was destroyed by the germans back in 1944. My grandmother told me stories how she was helped by the german wehrmacht soldiers to evacuate. The german soldiers told her that after they are gone, there will be troops carrying swastika-banners whom will show no mercy and they will destroy and kill everything and every1 they come across with.

My grandfather took a trophy from one these nazi annihilation-units... It´s not a sliced off ear/nose or anything like that  :lol: but a steel-helmet with a totenkopf on it.

That is an impressive story not only of your town, but of your family..

Don't part with that helmet Odie.

Odinson

That is an impressive story not only of your town, but of your family..

Don't part with that helmet Odie.

My grand-father was in the field-marshall Mannerheims body-guard when he visited the front-lines. My grandfather was a big man in that time 190cm.

My other grand-father served in the Waffen-SS with the germans in the early days of the war.

And after that he served as a far-reconnaissance man for the allied germans. He was liked by the alpenkorps commander Lothar Rendulic and he dined at the same table.

He was one of those finnish soldiers whom were not ordered to attack our former german-comrades due to ties of friendship.

My family name is in the Varangian guard roster. It is a very rare name and only about a hundred persons have that family-name. Varangian guard was the elite bodyguard unit protecting the sultan of the ottoman empire. Over 500years ago.

I´m not gonna sell my grandfathers trophy for any amount of cash, fashie. :) Not even if they offer me billion euros because great wealth brings the crows...

Odinson

My grandmother saved a young kid from the bombing of Kemi and I remember when my commander put a jaegers cross on her coffin during her funeral.

A heroine...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"My grandmother saved a young kid from the bombing of Kemi and I remember when my commander put a jaegers cross on her coffin during her funeral.

A heroine...

You are so fortunate Odie to have such a rich family history Odie.

Romero

Other than the 'my grandfather was a Nazi' part.

Odinson

Quote from: "Romero"Other than the 'my grandfather was a Nazi' part.

"pawned battalion" to insure our alliance with nazi-Germany. We needed the resources to help us combat against the red army.

Wearing the SS-symbol but not taking part on senseless annihilation of civilians.

When the finnish troops retreated from Petroskoi, our glorious field-marshall Mannerheim ordered excess rations to be given to the people so they can survive the harsh winter until the soviet troops arrive.

Carl Gustav Emil Mannerheim is like a god to us and you foreigners will do well to bend the knee at his grave...