Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Hello? Is there anyone out there?

Started by RW, February 22, 2017, 04:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Y'all should stop jacking my thread. :P

Whatever life is out there and statistically there has to be life out there beyond our planet, I highly doubt it will resemble us as we are a product of evolution under very specific conditions, including atmosphere, terrain, weather, and even gravity.  If we are expecting human like life out there, we will be disappointed.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I think extra-terrestrial sentient life, with or without emotional capacity would do good to avoid our increasingly self-polluted blue sphere like the plague.. if they know what's good for them. Seriously, we have a recorded tendency to destroy much of what's around us, move, and then do the same to our new habitat.

We probably wouldn't play well with others once we saw something to gain from taking their bounties and removing them from the equation.

I think, we are doing pretty well feeding, and housing seven and a half billion souls or it that seouls.

shin

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "shin"I think extra-terrestrial sentient life, with or without emotional capacity would do good to avoid our increasingly self-polluted blue sphere like the plague.. if they know what's good for them. Seriously, we have a recorded tendency to destroy much of what's around us, move, and then do the same to our new habitat.

We probably wouldn't play well with others once we saw something to gain from taking their bounties and removing them from the equation.

I think, we are doing pretty well feeding, and housing seven and a half billion souls or it that seouls.

I still think there's a lot of poverty and hunger we typically don't see or hear about going on.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

I still think there's a lot of poverty and hunger we typically don't see or hear about going on.

There is a lot of extreme poverty in this world.

shin

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I think we in the Western world don't realize how well off we are, even if we fit the definition of American poverty.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I think we in the Western world don't realize how well off we are, even if we fit the definition of American poverty.

That's true shin.

Blurt

Whether ET life exists will be a matter to be settled only once our detection instruments become powerful enough.

Chances are virtually nil that any such life has been visiting us; distances are too great.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

shin

Quote from: "Blurt"Whether ET life exists will be a matter to be settled only once our detection instruments become powerful enough.

Chances are virtually nil that any such life has been visiting us; distances are too great.

What about the possibility of microscopic life traveling with comets?

Blurt

Yes, that seems possible, Shin. Some say this kind of "Panspermic" possibility is what may have led life to flourish on our own world.

But this is a far cry from an intelligent species having built craft that can bridge the gulf of intersidereal space.

It's not even clear yet whether the factor surrounding the survivability of technology in Drake's Equation is, well, survivable.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Blurt

On a related note, I've been part of the http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/">SETI@Home crowd for almost 20 years now.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"On a related note, I've been part of the http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/">SETI@Home crowd for almost 20 years now.

That seems very interesting Blurt.

ac_smile

GORDY GAMBINO

Sounds like a bunch of boring old moles and Tupperware.

Fuck that's Blurts,  its the stripper pole, the loom or the fucken highway youse fucken plant fucken rice earn fuc....

Whoops sorry wrong whore, wrong town.

As you were Blurts.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"Sounds like a bunch of boring old moles and Tupperware.

Fuck that's Blurts,  its the stripper pole, the loom or the fucken highway youse fucken plant fucken rice earn fuc....

Whoops sorry wrong whore, wrong town.

As you were Blurts.

:confused1:

shin

Quote from: "Blurt"Yes, that seems possible, Shin. Some say this kind of "Panspermic" possibility is what may have led life to flourish on our own world.

But this is a far cry from an intelligent species having built craft that can bridge the gulf of intersidereal space.

It's not even clear yet whether the factor surrounding the survivability of technology in Drake's Equation is, well, survivable.

Sometimes when we're discussing science, aliens, and technology, I think you limit your views to what could possibly originate from humanity or an Earthly perspective. It's certainly not erroneous, and I'm no authority on the matters at hand... but the future is always full of unpredictable anomalies and unforseen circumstances.

Perhaps I delve into too much imaginary theories. For when you think outside of the box, I think the box is susceptible to the rules of origami.  :tease: