The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Spring Break

Started by RW, February 28, 2017, 06:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I lived at home in university. With my parents paying for my education(and my food), I never took a spring break trip. I  worked in the family gas station and convenience store during spring breaks. I made up for that when I started working. In fact, I am going to Florida next week for a few days. ac_dance

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"I lived at home in university. With my parents paying for my education(and my food), I never took a spring break trip. I  worked in the family gas station and convenience store during spring breaks. I made up for that when I started working. In fact, I am going to Florida next week for a few days. ac_dance

I'm envious in the extreme.

No spring break for me but I'm going to Playa del Carmen in October. I'll really need a getaway by then.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I lived at home in university. With my parents paying for my education(and my food), I never took a spring break trip. I  worked in the family gas station and convenience store during spring breaks. I made up for that when I started working. In fact, I am going to Florida next week for a few days. ac_dance

No spring break for me but I'm going to Playa del Carmen in October. I'll really need a getaway by then.

Nice. I love Playa and the island of  Cozumel.

There is still some golf left in October, so I never take a trip at that time.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Herman"I went to Key West for spring break when I was doing my Masters of Fine Arts in Contemporary Dance.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy174/lhendrick/ManPinkTutuBow.jpg">

Hahaha!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I haven't been to Cozumel in several years. Last time I was there I bought a pair of great custom made sandals. I love Mexico, unfortunately it gets a bad rap because of the drug wars that have been going on for the past decade. But most of the really bad shit happens further north. The Yucatan is a safe destination. In fact it's a lot safer than some of the Caribbean islands I've been to, the US Virgin Islands come to mind.....shitty tourist traps.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I haven't been to Cozumel in several years. Last time I was there I bought a pair of great custom made saddles. I love Mexico, unfortunately it gets a bad rap because of the drug wars that have been going on for the past decade. But most of the really bad shit happens further north. The Yucatan is a safe destination. In fact it's a lot safer than some of the Caribbean islands I've been to, the US Virgin Islands comes to mind.....shitty tourist traps.

I have been to Cancun and loved it.

Anonymous

I haven't been to Cozumel in several years. Last time I was there I bought a pair of great custom made saddles. I love Mexico, unfortunately it gets a bad rap because of the drug wars that have been going on for the past decade. But most of the really bad shit happens further north. The Yucatan is a safe destination. In fact it's a lot safer than some of the Caribbean islands I've been to, the US Virgin Islands comes to mind.....shitty tourist traps.

That area of Mexico is my favourite destination too. I had fun when we were in Cuba in January, but it does not offer what the Mexican Caribbean does.

Anonymous

We took a family driving trip to Southern California a few years ago..

Almost all trips are in the summer to the Kootenays now..

To save money we park our rv in RW's yard.

:laugh:

Thiel

I make a point of never taking a holiday within two weeks either way of spring break.
gay, conservative and proud

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"We took a family driving trip to Southern California a few years ago..

If I didn't live an hour away from the lake, I'd offer you my yard.

Hey Fash, have you traveled around the Koots at all to see any of the other lakes, cities or attractions?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

For anyone going to Vancouver or who has kids in Vancouver, I found this awesome list of things to do:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/activities+Vancouver+during+spring+break/8098686/story.html">http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/acti ... story.html">http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/activities+Vancouver+during+spring+break/8098686/story.html
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"We took a family driving trip to Southern California a few years ago..

If I didn't live an hour away from the lake, I'd offer you my yard.

Hey Fash, have you traveled around the Koots at all to see any of the other lakes, cities or attractions?

We have camped at a lot of different places in the area..

We have stopped in Nelson, Nakusp, Kaslo and Castlegar.

We have been to Christina Lake, Kootenay Lake, Lower Arrow Lake, Slocan Lake and Mirror Lake.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"I make a point of never taking a holiday within two weeks either way of spring break.

I have been at resorts in Mexico during spring break. Too young, too much alcohol and too much noise.