Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Should PIT BULL / FIGHTING Dogs be keep as pets or SHOT

Started by IRISH KAM, March 08, 2017, 10:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IRISH KAM

Why would anyone want a fighting breed as a pet ?

Whats ya Views ............
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

Anonymous

I was listening to a talk radio show and one of the guests said shoot the owners not the dogs.

:laugh:

IRISH KAM

Pit Bull Breeds can turn is a flash and kill a kid or another dog .

Only an idiot would want a Fighting breed as a pet .

Zetsu

I agree with you guys, I can't understand why owning pit bulls still haven't been banned, unless I'm mistaken.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"I agree with you guys, I can't understand why owning pit bulls still haven't been banned, unless I'm mistaken.

I believe some municipalities have bylaws about owning pit bulls.

IRISH KAM

No where in the civilised world is a Fighting breed of dog needed .

People that fight these dogs for money should themselves be put in a pit with STARVING pit bulls .

Let them get a taste of their own medicine .

Aryan

Not sure what to believe over the dangerous dog issue. Sure some attack kids and are horrible fuckers, but others are harmless.

I think it must depend on the owner and how they treat the animal in most cases. Although dogs are like humans in the sense that some are just fucked in the head from birth.

IRISH KAM

Fighting Breeds are bred for aggression .

So even if ya give a Fighting Dog all the love in the world he can still turn in a flash and attack .

Its breed into their Genes .

Anonymous

My sister and her husband had a Staffordshire Terrier that was not vicious at all.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"My sister and her husband had a Staffordshire Terrier that was not vicious at all.

Yes, a few breeds are considered pitbulls

Renee

The American Pit Bull Terrier has a bad but most often undeserved reputation. It gets lumped in with various more dangerous breeds and hybrid bull terrier type dogs because most people couldn't properly identify a so-called  "pit bull" if their lives depended on it.

Breeds such as the Cain Corso, American Bandogge and Dogo Argentino are far more aggressive than most pit bull terriers and they look very similar. Even the German Shepard, rottweiler, doberman and Chow Chow are generally more aggressive than the American Pit Bull.

I'm not a pit bull owner....they are not my cup of tea. I'm partial to the Spitz breed of dogs. Currently I have 4, a Eurasier, a Keeshond and 2 American Eskimos. All four are gentle and trustworthy with adults and children but don't come in my home or on my property uninvited, their behavior changes, especially with the 2 Eskis.

9 times out of 10 a dog attack can be attributed directly to a shitty owner. Not everyone is meant to have a dog just as not everyone is meant to have children....dogs are a lot of work, care and feeding are only part of ownership. Training and most of all socialization are key to owning a good dog. That takes time, patience and perseverance. Most people aren't up to that kind of challenge where the more dangerous breeds are concerned.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"The American Pit Bull Terrier has a bad but most often undeserved reputation. It gets lumped in with various more dangerous breeds and hybrid bull terrier type dogs because most people couldn't properly identify a so-called  "pit bull" if there lives depended on it.

Breeds such as the Cain Corso, American Bandogge and Dogo Argentino are far more aggressive than most pit bull terriers and they look very similar.
Even the German Shepard, rottweiler, doberman and Chow Chow are generally more aggressive than the American Pit Bull.

I'm not a pit bull owner....they are not my cup of tea. I'm partial to the Spitz breed of dogs. Currently I have 4, a Erasure, a Keeshond and 2 American Eskimos. All four are gentle and trustworthy with adults and children but don't come in my home or on my property uninvited, their behavior changes, especially with the 2 Eskis.

9 times out of 10 a dog attack can be attributed directly to a shitty owner. Not everyone is meant to have a dog just as not everyone is meant to have children....dogs are a lot of work, care and feeding are only part of ownership. Training and most of all socialization are key to owning a good dog. That takes time, patience and perseverance. Most people aren't up to that kind of challenge where the more dangerous breeds are concerned.

I am one of those people that doesn't know what is and isn't a pitbull.

ac_dunno

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"The American Pit Bull Terrier has a bad but most often undeserved reputation. It gets lumped in with various more dangerous breeds and hybrid bull terrier type dogs because most people couldn't properly identify a so-called  "pit bull" if there lives depended on it.

Breeds such as the Cain Corso, American Bandogge and Dogo Argentino are far more aggressive than most pit bull terriers and they look very similar.
Even the German Shepard, rottweiler, doberman and Chow Chow are generally more aggressive than the American Pit Bull.

I'm not a pit bull owner....they are not my cup of tea. I'm partial to the Spitz breed of dogs. Currently I have 4, a Erasure, a Keeshond and 2 American Eskimos. All four are gentle and trustworthy with adults and children but don't come in my home or on my property uninvited, their behavior changes, especially with the 2 Eskis.

I am one of those people that doesn't know what is and isn't a pitbull.

ac_dunno

Most people can't, even most owners of "pit bull" type breeds don't know what they got.

The term "Pit Bull" is a catch all phrase for any kind of square faced medium sized mutt. Most people who have no clue about dogs hear that name and freak out.

According to a 2008 study published in Applied Animal Behavior Science, it is difficult to make predictions about a dogs propensity for aggressive behavior based solely on it's breed. In fact a comparison of aggressive behavior between Golden Retrievers and other breeds commonly considered aggressive, showed that the golden has similar rates of aggressive behavior.

You can't just assume a dog is aggressive without considering it's environment, training and overall treatment. I've seen small dogs such as Poodles, Pomeranians, Chihuahuas, Dachshunds, etc that I would never try to pet or turn my back on but that's not the dogs fault. In fact the most aggressive dog I've had experience with was my old neighbor's Irish Setter. You couldn't near that bastard. That dog had some real bad behavior issues.

Growing up my family always had dogs....Dobermans and German Shepards, both considered dangerous aggressive dogs but they never bit or to my knowledge even growled at anyone. They were socialized early in life and trained by my dad who learned how to train dogs by working with the police dept. K9 division. You could take those dogs anywhere and they would behave better than most people's frickin kids. In fact they where probably even cleaner and better housebroken.... :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I got this from Wikipedia.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Pit_bull_sampler.jpg/220px-Pit_bull_sampler.jpg">

A selection of pit bull type dogs. Clockwise from top left: American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bulldog, Staffordshire Bull Terrier