The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

The "4D" Catch-All "Dumpster for Exceptionally "D"umb, "D"erailing, D"eflecting and / or "D"isgusting Posts

Started by Romero, January 17, 2017, 03:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

Quote from: "cc la femme"Having lived in other countries and in many different parts of Canada I find Canadians are in general an unlikeable smug lot, smug with no reason at all to be smug ... thinking their country is better than other countries when in fact it is a dull country. I find it the most boooooring country I have ever lived in or been in - and hate watching it become more so every day. I just keep to myself and a few chosen people, live my life and  and rarely think in that area or I would be unhappy all the time if i did.

I live here ONLY 1. for family reasons, the little amount of family I have left I cherish, and 2. because I am a citizen (living in other countries as a non citizen which I have done for most of my life is always fraut with difficulties and insecurities). Life is tradeoffs, picking the best of bad choices at moments in time with family first, otherwise I would NOT live here. It is a very long way from a favorite and most certainly not an interesting country for me.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

The onus is on OPs (and often on posters) to create meaningful and supported material - unless it is a "meaningful" & well thought out  opinion piece,  and is created with and labelled as "In Depth Opinion"

cc

Is everyone OK if I add {Discussion} to the lead of all "discussion"  type threads?

I like "good" discussion threads myself, as well as  news or fact" threads .. and suggest it will make for a better section - especially if really good discussion threads are placed and developed

Blurt

Quote from: "cc la femme"I like "good" discussion threads myself...

No, you don't. Your habit of squashing and talking down to others whose views do not coincide with your own suggest that the only thing you deem "good" is the sound of your own voice.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"
Quote from: "cc la femme"I like "good" discussion threads myself...

No, you don't. Your habit of squashing and talking down to others whose views do not coincide with your own suggest that the only thing you deem "good" is the sound of your own voice.

If you mean the purpose of this thread, that's not it at all..

It was mostly because of one poster who kept spamming this section with the same two words, fat and assumptions.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Is everyone OK if I add {Discussion} to the lead of all "discussion"  type threads?

I like "good" discussion threads myself, as well as  news or fact" threads .. and suggest it will make for a better section - especially if really good discussion threads are placed and developed

I don't support your Orwellian modding tactic at all.

Sorry.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Having lived in other countries and in many different parts of Canada I find Canadians are in general an unlikeable smug lot, smug with no reason at all to be smug ... thinking their country is better than other countries when in fact it is a dull country. I find it the most boooooring country I have ever lived in or been in - and hate watching it become more so every day. I just keep to myself and a few chosen people, live my life and  and rarely think in that area or I would be unhappy all the time if i did.

I live here ONLY 1. for family reasons, the little amount of family I have left I cherish, and 2. because I am a citizen (living in other countries as a non citizen which I have done for most of my life is always fraut with difficulties and insecurities). Life is tradeoffs, picking the best of bad choices at moments in time with family first, otherwise I would NOT live here. It is a very long way from a favorite and most certainly not an interesting country for me.

You have failed the test.

cc

Quote from: "cc"LMAO @ Ro > lame dipshit's typical lame dipshit tactic

"When all else fails, and someone posts an argument that DESTROYS  anything you could propose to counter it "

D I V E R T

Facts are facts - Suck it up - Most people, the real people,  don't want supremacist misogynists in their midst

Be a big boy .... instead of a gutless little girl doing no more than saving old trolls aimed at her in her purse

cc

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Re: Canada's flag is 50 years old

What's the big deal about the world's silliest looking flag, bob?

The childish caricature of a leaf is an esthetic and artistic embarrassment

I have no idea why one would choose to have something as silly as a leaf on their flag, but if one really must, at least take take the embarrassing kindergarten drawing away and  make them realistic

I've always been embarrassed to see it alongside most of the worlds solid looking flags ... but hey, it's what we have

cc

Really weirds people out how you keep old stuff in your purse,   .. .freeky

but as to silly maple leaf on our flag

well ..... artistically a disaster and totally classless

Anyhow, with your boy in place flooding the country with unvettablke supremacist misogynists, it will soon be replaced by the mentioned that supremacist 1/2 moon

Romero

Quote from: "cc"but as to silly maple leaf on our flag

well ..... artistically a disaster and totally classless

Quote60 per cent of Canadians in the CROP poll said that immigrants should adopt the local cultures

ac_smile