The best topic

Replies: 10495
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:44:23 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Blazor"Man Im beat. We've been cleaning out here at work, for the shutdown in a few weeks. Threw out 20 old big ass monitors, about 10 computers, an attic full of paperwork dating back to the 80's, and we've barely put a dent in things.

In other news, I've almost got Twinkle Twinkle Little Star down on the fiddle  :laugh:

Wait.

You're being sacked, and the owner is getting YOU to do his clearing out?

Dude, I'd be walking out the door and leaving him or her to it.

I knew this was coming, but didnt know til a couple weeks ago if we were shutting down or moving. They "wanted" to move, but its not looking realistic.

I could of jumped ship mid November, but had I done that, they would of been screwed. Im the main guy working here now. They cant do what I do.

Im also the youngest here, and knew they would need help. The owner is in bad health, and pushing 80, his brother is in his 70s and he shouldnt be doing a lot of this stuff. That leaves 2 ladies, both in their 50s, and my boss, who is also in his 50s. 2 of the guys have been doing a lot, while I work away making payroll. Every now and then I help out with heavy stuff.

They have been good to me for the most part, and Im a loyal fucker lol, so here I am, grinding away. Also if I up and quit, I dont get unemployment if I need it.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"I bet they were surprised.

And ran from the building!!

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.r7FA8BkjGxf9eSQnEyGW_wHaE7%26pid%3D15.1&f=1">

:laugh:

That almost looks identical to the one Im playing on.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"Man Im beat. We've been cleaning out here at work, for the shutdown in a few weeks. Threw out 20 old big ass monitors, about 10 computers, an attic full of paperwork dating back to the 80's, and we've barely put a dent in things.

In other news, I've almost got Twinkle Twinkle Little Star down on the fiddle  :laugh:

That's right....you're closing down soon..

When is the actual last day?

Future plans Blazor?

And congratulations on your violin work

The last day of March is the last day.

Well, I "plan" on taking a week to fix my Jeep when the time comes. Maybe catch up around the house. I have almost 2 weeks of vacation coming to me. Other than that, I have 2 possible jobs to go to, and one other that is outside my trade, but super close and possibly a dollar more an hour. No matter what, I'll get unemployment til I find something.

Thank ya mam. I surprised a couple of the secretaries here when I played it lol. Not bad for a week of Youtubing lol.

Less than two weeks of annual vacation..

You get two weeks here after one year..

I get four weeks, but I have eighteen years full time service.

Nice. Here its one week after a year, then 2 weeks every year. I can build up from the previous year, but in years past, I had to use them for furlow pay when work was slow and they made us take Fridays off. Only the past year or two have I been able to take an actual vacation when I went to Seattle. Im gonna have to tell my brother I cant make it this year.

Anonymous

So, two weeks holidays after two years..

How years service does an employee need for three, four and five week annual vacation?

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"So, two weeks holidays after two years..

How years service does an employee need for three, four and five week annual vacation?

Two weeks is max, there is no 3 or more lol. I actually dont know anyone that does get more than 2 weeks.

Anonymous

Two weeks is max, there is no 3 or more lol. I actually dont know anyone that does get more than 2 weeks.

Holiday time in the US sucks. But, paycheques in Europe suck. Taxes in Canada suck.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Holiday time in the US sucks. But, paycheques in Europe suck. Taxes in Canada suck.

Damn, I gotcha. And if you count actual holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc, its pretty much an extra week (5-6 days).

Bricktop

In Australia, MANDATED leave entitlements are 4 weeks annual leave per year, 3 months long service leave after 10 years of service (can be taken pro rata after 7 years), cumulative...meaning after 40 years of service you can taken an accumulated 12 months leave with pay.

Police Officers get 6 weeks leave per year plus long service leave.

MANDATED standard work week is 37.5 hours. Hours worked after that are overtime, or employers can implement flexi leave entitlements.

We're spoilt.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Damn, I gotcha. And if you count actual holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc, its pretty much an extra week (5-6 days).

If you've been on the job twelve years here, you get four weeks av. Plus provincial and federal holidays.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"In Australia, MANDATED leave entitlements are 4 weeks annual leave per year, 3 months long service leave after 10 years of service (can be taken pro rata after 7 years), cumulative...meaning after 40 years of service you can taken an accumulated 12 months leave with pay.

Police Officers get 6 weeks leave per year plus long service leave.

MANDATED standard work week is 37.5 hours. Hours worked after that are overtime, or employers can implement flexi leave entitlements.

We're spoilt.

That is very generous. Israel offers twelve paid leave for 5 day work weeks and fourteen days for 6 day work weeks. Employees earn an additional 2 paid days every four years of service to a maximum of 28 days off per year.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

One of the issues that demand longer holiday periods in Australia is our isolation from the rest of the world.

2 weeks is barely enough for visiting other countries, so we get more travel time.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"One of the issues that demand longer holiday periods in Australia is our isolation from the rest of the world.

2 weeks is barely enough for visiting other countries, so we get more travel time.

Australia is close to South East Asia. That's a good travel destination.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

In the 1950's when most of the industrial laws were created, SE Asia may have been close, but white Australians would never visit the place...unless they went to Vietnam to kill Vietnamese.

And to be fair, SE Asia was hardly oriented towards tourism. They are only just waking up to the huge economical potential tourism brings, especially Cambodia which has seen millions of US dollars brought into the country (US dollars are accepted as currency).

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"In the 1950's when most of the industrial laws were created, SE Asia may have been close, but white Australians would never visit the place...unless they went to Vietnam to kill Vietnamese.

And to be fair, SE Asia was hardly oriented towards tourism. They are only just waking up to the huge economical potential tourism brings, especially Cambodia which has seen millions of US dollars brought into the country (US dollars are accepted as currency).

Taiwan is trying to get more tourists.

Blazor

Damn, y'all got some good time off benefits lol.