The best topic

Replies: 10518
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:56:41 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Currently borrowing my in laws banjo. It was my mother in laws dad's, and he has been gone for over 30 years. Her brother had it, and he passed away a few months ago, so the banjo went to her. I would say the strangs are prolly 30 years old lol. No one has played it in a long time. Guy here at work thinks its from the 40s or 50s. Father in law "wants" to learn how to play it. I doubt he will, but Im gonna restring it for him anyway for his birthday. Maybe learn a tune or two to teach him when I give it back in a couple weeks.

You are becoming quite the moooosician

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Blazor"Currently borrowing my in laws banjo. It was my mother in laws dad's, and he has been gone for over 30 years. Her brother had it, and he passed away a few months ago, so the banjo went to her. I would say the strangs are prolly 30 years old lol. No one has played it in a long time. Guy here at work thinks its from the 40s or 50s. Father in law "wants" to learn how to play it. I doubt he will, but Im gonna restring it for him anyway for his birthday. Maybe learn a tune or two to teach him when I give it back in a couple weeks.

Im trying man!  :241:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Since you enjoy your new hobby, you will get better and better.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yes mam! The more I go to that Jam, the better I get. I pick up a lil from each song each time we play them. Or I might pick up a technique, or something just clicks. I need to get back into youtube learning some, the summer put a damper on that, but its ok.

Im going to that festival this Saturday! I doubt I'll camp though, lady giving me shit since its "our night" lol. But I mostly wanna go for the Fiddle Workshop, lessons for 3 hours! My friend going for the Banjo Workshop.

Anonymous

Yes mam! The more I go to that Jam, the better I get. I pick up a lil from each song each time we play them. Or I might pick up a technique, or something just clicks. I need to get back into youtube learning some, the summer put a damper on that, but its ok.

Im going to that festival this Saturday! I doubt I'll camp though, lady giving me shit since its "our night" lol. But I mostly wanna go for the Fiddle Workshop, lessons for 3 hours! My friend going for the Banjo Workshop.

More music this weekend.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Blazor

More music this weekend.

Cant wait  :35ivrxd:

Anonymous

More music this weekend.

I know you'll have a lot of fun.

Anonymous

More music this weekend.

Any groupies yet brother?

Blazor

More music this weekend.

Sorta lol. Had one come up to me, said I inspired her enough to get her own fiddle and start learning lol  :35ivrxd:

@realAzhyaAryola

Don't forget us when you are famous, Blazor.  :thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

More music this weekend.

Sorta lol. Had one come up to me, said I inspired her enough to get her own fiddle and start learning lol  :35ivrxd:

Your first groupie. ac_drinks

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Don't forget us when you are famous, Blazor.  :thumbup:

Never!  acc_hugz

I'll make sure to visit everyone's town to put on a show  :laugh:   :35ivrxd:  ac_dance

Blazor

Your first groupie. ac_drinks

:laugh:  ac_drinks

Blazor

That bluegrass festival was awesome! I took the fiddle workshop when I got there, it was learning a song called Puncheon Floor. This dont sound exactly like they were doing it, but gives you an idea...

">

I got some of it down, but I need more practice.

I also met some cool people. The guy that was giving the lesson, was on a CD that was given to me at the Jam.

Also met Dean Reed, son of Henry Reed (a bluegrass memorial festival is named after him), and also met his son, Terry Reed, who owns that local bluegrass radio station I've posted on here, which was too cool.

There was an Estrogen Jam head up by the lady that runs the local Jam I go to. Was 30 some ladies jammin'. Rule was, you had to be female, or in a dress to play with them lol. Couple guys had kilts on, and this one guy changed into a dress lolol. They went through about 10 liters of gin!!!

Was a good time, I didnt wanna leave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"That bluegrass festival was awesome! I took the fiddle workshop when I got there, it was learning a song called Puncheon Floor. This dont sound exactly like they were doing it, but gives you an idea...

">

I got some of it down, but I need more practice.

I also met some cool people. The guy that was giving the lesson, was on a CD that was given to me at the Jam.

Also met Dean Reed, son of Henry Reed (a bluegrass memorial festival is named after him), and also met his son, Terry Reed, who owns that local bluegrass radio station I've posted on here, which was too cool.

There was an Estrogen Jam head up by the lady that runs the local Jam I go to. Was 30 some ladies jammin'. Rule was, you had to be female, or in a dress to play with them lol. Couple guys had kilts on, and this one guy changed into a dress lolol. They went through about 10 liters of gin!!!

Was a good time, I didnt wanna leave.
8 :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani: