The best topic

Replies: 10520
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:05:14 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"Well I leave for Seattle Washington Saturday morning. Spoke with my bro last night, and he was telling me about a Japanese Tea Garden, and a China Town district with amazing food. Gonna hike Mount Ranier (sp?) and some other hikes. Im so excited! Im a groomsman for his wedding. Hes getting married at the space needle.

That sounds wonderful Blazor..

Have a safe trip.

ac_smile

Thanks Fash! I know domo arigoto (sp?) is thank you very much in Japanese. Any certain terms I should learn in Chinese for when I visit that district? Maybe, hello, thank you? Is is mostly Mandarin or Cantonese spoken over y'all's way?
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

I don't know if you are interested in Korean, but informal hello is annyeong. Kam sa ham nida is one way of saying thank you.

Anonymous

:sneaky2:
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Blazor"Well I leave for Seattle Washington Saturday morning. Spoke with my bro last night, and he was telling me about a Japanese Tea Garden, and a China Town district with amazing food. Gonna hike Mount Ranier (sp?) and some other hikes. Im so excited! Im a groomsman for his wedding. Hes getting married at the space needle.

Have a safe trip.

ac_smile

Thanks Fash! I know domo arigoto (sp?) is thank you very much in Japanese. Any certain terms I should learn in Chinese for when I visit that district? Maybe, hello, thank you? Is is mostly Mandarin or Cantonese spoken over y'all's way?

I am part Japanese, but I don't speak Japanese. I am half German, but don't speak it either. I have no Spanish or Latin American ancestry, but I am fluent in Spanish.

Angry White Male

A German-Jap?  That's a strange combo!

Either way, I like the Japs...  They are fairly cultured, compared to other Asian races.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"A German-Jap?  That's a strange combo!

Either way, I like the Japs...  They are fairly cultured, compared to other Asian races.

My grandmother was born in Japan and interned in BC during WW2. I look pure white, I have a kraut surname and identify as white.

Angry White Male

Well, the Krauts and Japs did get along during WWII!

Sadly, the partnership didn't last!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Well, the Krauts and Japs did get along during WWII!

A marriage of convenience. Japan doesn't get too close to any country.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Well, the Krauts and Japs did get along during WWII!

A marriage of convenience. Japan doesn't get too close to any country.

True enough. As similar as Japanese and Koreans are, it's like occupation of the Korean peninsula by Imperial Japan ended yesterday.

Anonymous

Those Asians can sure hold a grudge. Just like Indians, but without trying to extort money and special provileges.

cc

Quote from: "Blazor"Thanks Fash! I know domo arigoto (sp?) is thank you very much in Japanese. Any certain terms I should learn in Chinese for when I visit that district? Maybe, hello, thank you? Is is mostly Mandarin or Cantonese spoken over y'all's way?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Mandarin or Cantonese  translation for " y'all"

ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Have a safe trip.

ac_smile

Ni hao is hello in Mandarin and thank you is xie xie..

In Taiwanese, hello is lee ho and thank you is gam sia or do sia.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Blazor"Thanks Fash! I know domo arigoto (sp?) is thank you very much in Japanese. Any certain terms I should learn in Chinese for when I visit that district? Maybe, hello, thank you? Is is mostly Mandarin or Cantonese spoken over y'all's way?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Mandarin or Cantonese  translation for " y'all"

ac_smile

I'm not sure exactly what y'all means in English.

ac_dunno

deadskinmask

ac_smile

ac_dunno

its a combination of 'you' and 'all'.... when using it by itself (for example) - howdy, yall - it applies to the group that are in the immediate conversation.... but when combined with 'all' (for example) - all yall motherfuckers need help - it refers to everyone who will ever see it regardless of time frame.... its not used in reference to one person unless you are making an observation about a particular group of ppl they fall in (ethnic, political or social.... etc....)

'yall' in cantonese is yall'san....

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"

ac_smile

ac_dunno

its a combination of 'you' and 'all'.... when using it by itself (for example) - howdy, yall - it applies to the group that are in the immediate conversation.... but when combined with 'all' (for example) - all yall motherfuckers need help - it refers to everyone who will ever see it regardless of time frame.... its not used in reference to one person unless you are making an observation about a particular group of ppl they fall in (ethnic, political or social.... etc....)

'yall' in cantonese is yall'san....

Okay, I think I understand now..

I will translate it in the language thread.

Blazor

ac_smile

:laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.