The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

They are suppose to be the best to "fiddle" with, closest to the gut strings of old days.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"They are suppose to be the best to "fiddle" with, closest to the gut strings of old days.

Strings can definitely make a difference. Lots of people prefer different ones. I have tried quite a few different ones on my guitars. For me the best acoustic strings have been Dean Markley, they hold tune so much better than any others I have tried and they keep there bright sound longer. I do have some D'addario's as well. Usually get Ernie Ball Slinky for the Strat.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"I put some new strangs on my fiddle, Helicores. Sounds SO much better. No more NOOB strangs lol. Warmer/brighter tone, better projection/louder, smoother, easier to play, not as much scratch. I like 'em!  :35ivrxd:

What are helicores?

They are part of the D'addario line. I had Preludes on (student strings) before.

https://www.swstrings.com/image/H310S;jsessionid=33D74E4B52D0EFBE7382149D8125D501?imageSize=4&index=0">

A type of strings, I see.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Blazor"They are suppose to be the best to "fiddle" with, closest to the gut strings of old days.

Strings can definitely make a difference. Lots of people prefer different ones. I have tried quite a few different ones on my guitars. For me the best acoustic strings have been Dean Markley, they hold tune so much better than any others I have tried and they keep there bright sound longer. I do have some D'addario's as well. Usually get Ernie Ball Slinky for the Strat.

They sho' do! Im super happy with these. I've only done the D'addario line, Prelude and Helicore. I hear Dominants are real good, but more for symphony, and more money. The names you mentioned I dont recognize, prolly cause they are for guitars lol.

Im told a good bow will cost more than your fiddle. I've seen some pricey ones. Pernambuco wood is suppose to be the best, but its not as available, so the prices are higher. Carbon fiber is suppose to be a close modern alternative, but they still dont sound as good. A couple highly rated Pernambucos Im looking at are 20% off right now for Black Friday, but are still $300-$400 lol.

Blazor

Ahem, strangs,  :laugh:

Anonymous

Already talking like a musicisn.

Anonymous

I see.

:laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Already talking like a musicisn.

Well I wouldnt go that far lol. Im getting there!

When I look back on my life, at things I've liked doing, they all are a form of art, most anyway. Karate, cooking, music, making costumes, art in school, what I do at my job, etc.

Blazor

I see.

You know, like BBQ and Grill  :laugh:

A fiddler uses strangs, a violinist uses strings  :35ivrxd:

kiebers

I see.

I think it has more to do with mountain range locations... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"

I see.

I think it has more to do with mountain range locations... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I wont deny that!  :laugh:

Anonymous

What are your Thanksgiving plans Blazor?

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"What are your Thanksgiving plans Blazor?

Well, my brother tried flying me out there, with paid travel and hotel, but I passed. My best friend tried getting me to go the beach with him, where he is having dinner with a friends mom. My gf gave me shit about not being there, so guess where Im eating, her mom's  :laugh:

The only things I gotta make are pumpkin rolls and baked beans.

Anonymous

Well, my brother tried flying me out there, with paid travel and hotel, but I passed. My best friend tried getting me to go the beach with him, where he is having dinner with a friends mom. My gf gave me shit about not being there, so guess where Im eating, her mom's  :laugh:

That's alright. Thursday and Friday are just work days here.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

That's alright. Thursday and Friday are just work days here.

I wanted to work on my Jeep Friday, but temperatures are dropping here. Today would of been nice to do it.