The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Blazor"In case anyone is wondering, Im on day 13 of no plumbing.

Plumber was suppose to be here yesterday at 1. I called at 3 and they said they wasnt coming, that it was too big a job for them. This was the plumber the landlord called. So, I called the landlord, and he was on the way to Georgia, and didnt know what to do. So I called the original plumber I called, and they are coming out tomorrow morning. At this point, I dont care if I have to pay the bill, but I will deduct it from my lot rent.

You are getting the run around and it sucks.

Yes, yes it does  :sad:

Im hoping tomorrow will be the day, and its a Friday the 13th lol. My worry, is that the plumber will run into a root or collapsed pipe underground. If that happens, they will prolly try and not fix it tomorrow, gonna be cold and rainy. Maybe I should trap his van in til shit gets fixed lol.

If nothing is fixed by tomorrow take the bull by the horns and get it fixed and deduct the cost from your lot fees.

Thats pretty much what Im doing  :laugh:

I aint playing around anymore. I aint going through another weekend nor into next week. I got things I gotta do!

This shouldn't have lasted two days let alone two weeks.

Oh believe me I know.

Wow, there is 197 guests on here right now lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Plumber was suppose to be here yesterday at 1. I called at 3 and they said they wasnt coming, that it was too big a job for them. This was the plumber the landlord called. So, I called the landlord, and he was on the way to Georgia, and didnt know what to do. So I called the original plumber I called, and they are coming out tomorrow morning. At this point, I dont care if I have to pay the bill, but I will deduct it from my lot rent.

Im hoping tomorrow will be the day, and its a Friday the 13th lol. My worry, is that the plumber will run into a root or collapsed pipe underground. If that happens, they will prolly try and not fix it tomorrow, gonna be cold and rainy. Maybe I should trap his van in til shit gets fixed lol.

If nothing is fixed by tomorrow take the bull by the horns and get it fixed and deduct the cost from your lot fees.

I aint playing around anymore. I aint going through another weekend nor into next week. I got things I gotta do!

Oh believe me I know.

Mainland Chinese bots mostly.

Blazor

Oh believe me I know.

lol gotcha

Anonymous

Oh believe me I know.

lol gotcha

They've been bumping threads too.

Blazor

Oh believe me I know.

lol gotcha

How can a bot bump a thread?

kiebers

Plumbers ain't cheap. Almost a license to steal. Had roots in mine right where it came out from under the house. Had an access point there and you could see the roots. About 2 feet maybe a little more deep. Roto Rooter quoted me over 3 grand to dig it up and fix it. Once you get down there its just a simple matter of cutting the pipe behind the root break and then repair everything from there. I have had the roots chopped a few times. Every time I get a quote. In 8 years the price has gone from 1500 to 3300. As he was leaving after clearing the roots I asked him how much he would do it for on the side. He told me a grand cash. Took him about 2 hours to do the entire job. License to steal.

So be careful and get an estimate before you commit to paying.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

Plumbers ain't cheap. Almost a license to steal. Had roots in mine right where it came out from under the house. Had an access point there and you could see the roots. About 2 feet maybe a little more deep. Roto Rooter quoted me over 3 grand to dig it up and fix it. Once you get down there its just a simple matter of cutting the pipe behind the root break and then repair everything from there. I have had the roots chopped a few times. Every time I get a quote. In 8 years the price has gone from 1500 to 3300. As he was leaving after clearing the roots I asked him how much he would do it for on the side. He told me a grand cash. Took him about 2 hours to do the entire job. License to steal.

Plumbers aint cheap, that is for sure. I went to high school with a guy who is a journeyman plumber today. You would want proper compensation to do that job. It is literally shitty work.

Anonymous

Oh believe me I know.

lol gotcha

How can a bot bump a thread?

There is auto bumping from China..

I'll speak to Thuglife about disabling Chinese IP's.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"

Right on man!

They suppose to give me an estimate of work before starting, but if its a simple auger of the line, its only $99.

Anonymous

One thing I like about owning a condo, is I don't have to hire plumbers. At least for these kind of problems.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"One thing I like about owning a condo, is I don't have to hire plumbers. At least for these kind of problems.

I shouldnt have to either. This is the first time I've had to in the 21 years I've lived there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"One thing I like about owning a condo, is I don't have to hire plumbers. At least for these kind of problems.

I shouldnt have to either.

You're right, you shouldn't.

Anonymous

Unfuckingbelievable.

Anonymous

I hope Blazor gets this fixed ASAP.

Blazor

My line has been cleared! Yay  ac_dance

Now I gotta run to Lowes for a new toilet seal. Mine was old and falling apart, hence the water coming out from under the toilet when it overflowed.

Im not home free yet though, after he cleared it, he took the camera down, and found roots, and the line having a slight sag. So they will need to come back and replace that section of line at some point, at their expense.

Today was another $99, which I'll take off my lot rent.

I took a picture of the root on the camera too.