The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Well, my mother in law is back in the hospital with pneumonia and she also has lung cancer. Only her husband and daughter are allowed in to see her, and they may cut that off too. My father in law said she could pass any day, but it was gonna happen, as the Dr said there was no more that could be done.

This is sad enough, but in these times, you can't visit.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"Well, my mother in law is back in the hospital with pneumonia and she also has lung cancer. Only her husband and daughter are allowed in to see her, and they may cut that off too. My father in law said she could pass any day, but it was gonna happen, as the Dr said there was no more that could be done.

I might get to now! They pulled her out of the hospital, and gave her hospice care at her other daughter's house. Might swing by there this evening.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I might get to now! They pulled her out of the hospital, and gave her hospice care at her other daughter's house. Might swing by there this evening.

That's good.

Blazor

Today is Tolkien Reading Day! The day the ring was destroyed, and Sauron defeated.

Y'all know Im a huge Tolkien fan lol. I love so many quotes in the stories. Here is one of my new favorites....

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded toilet paper, it would be a merrier world."  :laugh:

Now, sing with me....

Far over the misty mountains cold.

To dungeons deep, and caverns old.

We must away, 'ere break of day.

To find our long forgotten gold.

The pines were roaring on the height.

The winds were moaning in the night.

The fire was red, it flaming spread.

The trees like torches blazed with light.

">

Blazor

ac_drinks

https://i.ibb.co/QfnZ0tC/Tolkien-Reading-Day.jpg">

Blazor

A good article out today with Tolkien quotes reflecting Corona....

https://nerdist.com/article/uplifting-tolkien-quotes-optimistic-inspirational/">https://nerdist.com/article/uplifting-t ... irational/">https://nerdist.com/article/uplifting-tolkien-quotes-optimistic-inspirational/

Blazor

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Blazor

"Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love."

Blazor

"But in the end it's only a passing thing, this shadow; even darkness must pass."

Blazor

"Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

"What do you mean?" he said. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"

"All of them at once," said Bilbo.

Blazor

Darkness must pass

A new day will come

And when the sun shines

It will shine out the clearer

Blazor

"You can only come to the morning through the shadows."

Blazor

"May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out."

Blazor

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."