The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: mel on July 26, 2023, 05:18:59 PM
Unfortunately this is what things have become.  Gone are the days of well paying, unionized production jobs that treat the employee well with good benefits.

I found this out right when I left high school.  I quickly realized that unless I had some elite skill like becoming a brain surgeon, I was going to be used and abused by employers.  Gone are the days when the boomer generation could find decent work without four+ years of university.  Gone are the days when government jobs were offered to straight White men.

Knowing this is what my country had now turned into, I quickly realized that I was going to be abused in pretty much any field that would hire me, so I had to think about ways to minimize the abuse.  So I became truck driver.  Yes, it can be a shitty job depending on what segment of the industry you'll work in, but the abuse is minimized simply by the nature of the job.  You're left alone, for the most part, to do one job.  And if you don't mind driving, which I don't, they'll pay you a few pennies to haul a load of dragon dildo's from point A to point B.  And you'll meet all kinds of interesting people along the way too.

Dude, I use to drive for 11 years lol. 10 pizza, 1 cab. Driving for a living is awesome lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: Herman on July 26, 2023, 05:46:51 PM
It sounds like old Blazor has one of those blue collar jobs that you can pay the bills with. It is hard work of course, but I started out as a leasehand and floorhand on service and drilling rigs. The problem he  is that he is in his late forties doing hard physcial work for the first time in a long time. I was a driller by the time I was twenty two. Most of the back breaking is done by the time you get in the dog house.

Im adapting, the muscles are coming lol. But damn, I'll be doubling my pay, lessen my drive, and get benefits for the first time in my life.

Blazor

Quote from: Shen Li on July 26, 2023, 09:41:37 PM
If Blaze was younger, I'd suggest a red seal trade. However, no employer will apprentice a middle aged person.

I still run circles around some of these whippersnappers!!! (dance emoji)

Blazor

Quote from: Shen Li on July 27, 2023, 12:32:13 AM
You'll be happy when you get ur first paycheque.

I cant wait!!! It will be as much as I made in a month lol. AND no gas has to be taken out! Which was $100 a week!

Blazor

Quote from: Shen Li on July 27, 2023, 12:34:36 AM
They think UR a white monkey. ;)

Sometimes they dont know what to think of me, and look at each other, with a smile, and that "oh sheeeit!" look, lulz.

Wait til I bring my fiddle one day hahahaha (insert fiddle emoji)

mel

Quote from: Blazor on July 27, 2023, 12:34:53 AM
Dude, I use to drive for 11 years lol. 10 pizza, 1 cab. Driving for a living is awesome lol.
I delivered pizza also for a couple of years in my teens.  I actually didn't mind it, but hated how I was wearing out my own car for peanuts.

That's when I decided I'd be better off driving someone else's vehicle, so got my CDL at 19 as that's really the only way to make driving work for a living.

I've worked a few different non-driving jobs since then, but always still like operating something and come back to it.  A truck, a machine, whatever it is, I can tolerate operating things in the outdoors much better than being locked inside some warehouse.

Plus I like to smoke, and many companies have insane smoking policies now.  In a truck or machine, I can typically smoke wherever and whenever I want.

Shen Li

Quote from: Blazor on July 27, 2023, 12:38:26 AM
I cant wait!!! It will be as much as I made in a month lol. AND no gas has to be taken out! Which was $100 a week!
For those 2 reasons you will keep this job.

Shen Li

Quote from: Blazor on July 27, 2023, 12:39:37 AM
Sometimes they dont know what to think of me, and look at each other, with a smile, and that "oh sheeeit!" look, lulz.

Wait til I bring my fiddle one day hahahaha (insert fiddle emoji)
Don't wear your Confederate uniform, lol.

Frood

Quote from: Blazor on July 27, 2023, 12:34:53 AM

Yup... freedom.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: mel on July 27, 2023, 12:44:22 AM
I delivered pizza also for a couple of years in my teens.  I actually didn't mind it, but hated how I was wearing out my own car for peanuts.

That's when I decided I'd be better off driving someone else's vehicle, so got my CDL at 19 as that's really the only way to make driving work for a living.

I've worked a few different non-driving jobs since then, but always still like operating something and come back to it.  A truck, a machine, whatever it is, I can tolerate operating things in the outdoors much better than being locked inside some warehouse.

Plus I like to smoke, and many companies have insane smoking policies now.  In a truck or machine, I can typically smoke wherever and whenever I want.

Yeah I hated wearing out my vehicle delivering too. But hell, the past 14 years I drove just as many miles, just to get to work and back.

Yeah, I cant do CDL, cause I like to "smoke" too, lulz. I dont work at jobs that restrict me on mah ganja!!!

Blazor

Quote from: Shen Li on July 27, 2023, 12:44:41 AM
For those 2 reasons you will keep this job.

They are biggies, fo' sho'!!! lol

Blazor

Quote from: Shen Li on July 27, 2023, 12:46:30 AM
Don't wear your Confederate uniform, lol.

Hahahaha, they aint ready for that........... yet, hahahahaha.

I'll teach this boyz right! Hell, an old Black Man taught me most I know.

We were lied to in school. Fact.

Shen Li

You don't smoke cigarettes do ya Blaze?

Blazor

Quote from: Frood on July 27, 2023, 12:50:06 AM
Yup... freedom.

So many memories and good times from those jobs lol. SOOOOO many lol. I have lots of stories lol.

Shen Li

Quote from: Blazor on July 27, 2023, 01:06:29 AM
Hahahaha, they aint ready for that........... yet, hahahahaha.

I'll teach this boyz right! Hell, an old Black Man taught me most I know.

We were lied to in school. Fact.
Chinese public schools lie about our history. Canadian and American schools are rewriting their history.