The best topic

Replies: 10503
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 22 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

The water of life?

ac_wot

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"The water of life?

ac_wot

ac_drinks

Uisce beatha (Irish pronunciation: [ˈɪʃkʲə ˈbʲahə]) is the name for whiskey in Irish. The equivalent in Scottish Gaelic is rendered uisge-beatha.[1] The word "whisky" (as spelt in Scotland) or "whiskey" (as spelt in Ireland) itself is simply an anglicised version of this phrase,[2] stemming from a mispronunciation of the word uisce in Ireland or uisge in Scotland. This development may in turn have influenced the Modern Irish word fuisce ("whiskey"). The phrase uisce beatha, literally "water of life", was the name given by Irish monks of the early Middle Ages to distilled alcohol. It is simply a translation of the Latin aqua vitae.

Also on moonshine....

Moonshine was originally a slang term used to describe high-proof distilled spirits usually produced illicitly, without government authorization.[1] In recent years, however, moonshine has been legalized in various countries and has become a term of art. Legal in the United States since 2010, moonshine is defined as "clear, unaged whiskey".

The distillation was done at night to avoid discovery.[6] Moonshine was especially important to the Appalachian area. This white whiskey most likely entered the Appalachian region in the late 18th century to early 1800s. Scots-Irish immigrants from the province of Ulster in the north of Ireland brought their recipe for their uisce beatha, Gaeilge for "water of life". The settlers made their whiskey without aging it, and this is the same recipe that became traditional in the Appalachian area.

I live in the Appalachian region lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

If I ever drive through West Virginia, I'll buy a bottle or two.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"If I ever drive through West Virginia, I'll buy a bottle or two.

Or Virginia, we got it here too lol. The brand I get comes from Tennessee.

Anonymous

I have drank home made shine. It's nasty, but it gets the job done.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I have drank home made shine. It's nasty, but it gets the job done.

And that job would be getting drunk?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I have drank home made shine. It's nasty, but it gets the job done.

Nobody would drink it if it wasn't intoxicating.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

That's sad.

Anonymous

That's sad.

That's reality.

Blazor

That's sad.

Most alcohol is pretty nasty lol, but the effect can be pretty fun  ac_dance

I like to call it liquid courage before hopping on the dance floor lol  :yahoo:

Though I've had and made drinks that seem like kool-aid, thats the kind of drink that hits ya before ya know it lol.

Hey even Jesus believed in having a lil fun  ac_drinks

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/55/5560be87660f25603d42048617febb6f7078d58372130cb711850dd44e97647b.jpg">

Blazor

:laugh:

https://gfycat.com/ImportantEmbellishedBushbaby#?format=gif">

Blazor

Hmmm, might not work^^^ Gif too big I guess.

Anonymous

I know that Jesus consumed wine.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"I know that Jesus consumed wine.

I feel like they talked of pot in the bible too, "For in the end of days, the people will look across the river to the tree of life, and the leaves of the tree shall be the healing of the nations"  ac_smile

Lol, I know you're not suppose to put anything in the "temple" that harms the temple. But if something has more healing powers than harm, it makes me wonder.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I know that Jesus consumed wine.

I feel like they talked of pot in the bible too, "For in the end of days, the people will look across the river to the tree of life, and the leaves of the tree shall be the healing of the nations"  ac_smile

Lol, I know you're not suppose to put anything in the "temple" that harms the temple. But if something has more healing powers than harm, it makes me wonder.

Pot is not the elixir stoners think it is.