The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Artsy Fartsy Time

Started by Ms.Min, June 19, 2015, 09:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Lately I've taken up oil painting.  Here's a couple things I've done to start.  Please feel free to add an honest critique or say what you see in the painting.  You won't hurt my feelings.

This was my first attempt and I just smeared the leftover paint I had from my first go at oil.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Here's my second attempt. I bought some new paints.  I don't think I'm quite done with it so suggestions are welcome!
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Damnnnnnn girl you have some skillz.

Love the first one the best!!

Nice job RW :)

keeper

How long does the oil paint take  to dry??

Anonymous

Both efforts are interesting.  I will be interested to see the completed second one, and I am really enjoying it.

keeper

I think they look awesome too Peaches,  If I could be so lucky to paint this good.

RW

Quote from: "keeper"How long does the oil paint take  to dry??

I honestly don't know.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Acrylics dry faster than oils, but that's about all I know.  Also, the knife work in the second one will take longer than the brush work in the first one.

My seven year old granddaughter said I should say that.  She wants to do a knife one now.

RW

The knife one has been drying for 6 days and it's still tacky to touch.  I LOVE working with knives.  I also did the first one with knives but it's much thinner.  

Ask her what I should do with the second one.  I'd love her feedback :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"The knife one has been drying for 6 days and it's still tacky to touch.  I LOVE working with knives.  I also did the first one with knives but it's much thinner.  

I misspoke; Kaya turned eight in January.  She said if she were doing it she would want some more green in the area to center right where the blues and yellows are bleeding to green.  Not too much, not to replace the green that's there already, just a bit to give more punch to the "green" idea.  She thinks the green should be darker at the bottom than the top, she likes the logic of that.

RW

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "RW"The knife one has been drying for 6 days and it's still tacky to touch.  I LOVE working with knives.  I also did the first one with knives but it's much thinner.  

I misspoke; Kaya turned eight in January.  She said if she were doing it she would want some more green in the area to center right where the blues and yellows are bleeding to green.  Not too much, not to replace the green that's there already, just a bit to give more punch to the "green" idea.  She thinks the green should be darker at the bottom than the top, she likes the logic of that.

Brilliant kid.  That's exactly what I was going to do :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Peaches"

Brilliant kid.  That's exactly what I was going to do :)

She'll be sooo pleased.   ac_biggrin

RW

Now there's a masterpiece!
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

I added a bit more to the rainbow one.  Not loving it yet...
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Can't help ya today.  Looks better to me, but the granddaughter who's here today is only 4 and she'd probably suggest adding a unicorn right in the center.   :oeudC: