Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Artsy Fartsy Time

Started by Ms.Min, June 19, 2015, 09:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"Feel free to say if you hate it too.

Honestly.....it's pretty ugly. :negative:

I keep staring at it like it's going to fix itself hahaha.

Colors clash and the transitions are too jaring and stark. It basically assaults your eyes.

Sorry but you said feel free to hate it. ac_dunno
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

keeper

You're mean.   :negative:

Renee

Quote from: "keeper"You're mean.   :negative:

Just giving an honest critique.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Do worries Keeps, I want honesty.  I'm not posting these to be fawned over.  I don't like it either.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Here's my latest.  I've had a harsh hate on for this one so I roughed it up a bit.

I am not really an artsy fartsy type of redneck. It does not do anything for me, but who cares what I like.

RW

I'm interested in your opinion.  That's why I posted it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "RW"Here's my latest.  I've had a harsh hate on for this one so I roughed it up a bit.

So this ^^^ crap has become this crap: :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

I tried out some new gels and waxes along with a new violet colour I bought and it became a mountain.  Mont Violet.

The paint seems so shiny with the light from above.  Hrm.  I might have to get a retake on this one.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

So this ^^^ crap has become this crap: :)

Much better; easier to look at....still not my cup of tea. But what do I know? I'm a Hildebrandt bros and Kincaide fan and according to art snobs, that's not really "art".

But it's not offensive to look at like the other one was and it looks like it has a purpose. I kinda like it. :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I tried out some new gels and waxes along with a new violet colour I bought and it became a mountain.  Mont Violet.

The paint seems so shiny with the light from above.  Hrm.  I might have to get a retake on this one.

I love purple/violet but that's a little too purple for me.

Nice effort though, keep at it.  :thumbup:

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "RW"I tried out some new gels and waxes along with a new violet colour I bought and it became a mountain.  Mont Violet.

I like that one alot.

priscilla1961

:thumbup:
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Renee

Here is a piece I had the pleasure of coming across this weekend. It's not mine, it's a sample of my sister's work.

She gave me permission to post it mainly because the subject matter is a surrealistic caricature of yours truly. Ha ha ha.....bitch.

Please forgive the perspective as I didn't have access to halfway decent scanner, so I just shot a pic with my phone.

[attachment=0]f3031952-6ab2-4253-bb19-8a6a32138069-20160531-101326278.png[/attachment]

Unlike me, my sis can work in color and is very talented with ink, pastels and water color. Unfortunately like many artistic people she is freaking flighty as hell and never finishes anything.  :laugh3:

She also has a terrible habit of overrunning her pad or canvas as you can see. The concept of scale and the ability to count beyond 10 without taking off her shoes, escapes her. :laugh3:

What a ditz. ac_biggrin

RW

I love it!  Very fitting.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Here is a piece I had the pleasure of coming across this weekend. It's not mine, it's a sample of my sister's work.

She gave me permission to post it mainly because the subject matter is a surrealistic caricature of yours truly. Ha ha ha.....bitch.

Please forgive the perspective as I didn't have access to halfway decent scanner, so I just shot a pic with my phone.

[attachment=0]f3031952-6ab2-4253-bb19-8a6a32138069-20160531-101326278.png[/attachment]

Unlike me, my sis can work in color and is very talented with ink, pastels and water color. Unfortunately like many artistic people she is freaking flighty as hell and never finishes anything.  :laugh3:

She also has a terrible habit of overrunning her pad or canvas as you can see. The concept of scale and the ability to count beyond 10 without taking off her shoes, escapes her. :laugh3:

What a ditz. ac_biggrin

Great work Renee. :thumbup: