The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Re: BC Rejects Northern Gateway Proposal

Started by Romero, May 31, 2013, 06:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

QuoteThe province of British Columbia has ended years of speculation, telling a federal review panel that it does not support the Northern Gateway pipeline.

In its final written submission to the review panel, the province recommends the $6-billion project should not be approved as it has been proposed by Calgary-based Enbridge.

In a 99-page submission, the province notes the company has made many commitments to oil spill prevention and response but has not presented any real assurance that it will be able to meet those commitments.

The province says the Northern Gateway is not a typical pipeline.

It will transport diluted bitumen from the Alberta oilsands -- a substance that is not well understood and which would have a profound effect in the event of a spill.

The review panel will hear final arguments starting next month, and a final report is due to the federal government by the end of the year.

http://thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/2013/05/31/Gateway-Response/">//http://thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/2013/05/31/Gateway-Response/

It has been rejected as is because Enbridge can't assure BC that they'll be able to take care of any spills and accidents.

Romero

Northern Gateway wouldn't stop those 750,000 barrels. Northern Gateway would all be going to China and BC would just be getting a risky pipeline.

Why the heck are we exporting oil out of our backyard yet importing oil from overseas?

EU

Quote from: "Romero"Northern Gateway wouldn't stop those 750,000 barrels. Northern Gateway would all be going to China and BC would just be getting a risky pipeline.

Why the heck are we exporting oil out of our backyard yet importing oil from overseas?

The truth is secondary in's books.

EU

Gee i wonder if I'll get banned for saying that buahahahahahahah

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "EU"Gee i wonder if I'll get banned for saying that buahahahahahahah

You and your alter ego instigator should never have been allowed on here in the first place. You are braindead and nasty. You need a nice  padded round room where you can talk to yourself. Idiot.

EU and instigator are angry men, but I don`t think they are the same person.