Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 28, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Some Trump stats for TD

Started by Anonymous, April 25, 2017, 12:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

http://thefederalistpapers.integratedmarket.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/imageedit_711_3686241749.jpg">

Of course this number is totally misleading, as most claims out of Washington have been  for many decades now. I'm just using it to try and illustrate to our paranoid little friend TD that the sky is not falling.

Anonymous

Approved the construction of the Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines. This was an important move to help create jobs and increase the supply of oil.

Freezing all Federal Hiring Outside of the Military: Trump followed in Ronald Reagan's footsteps by putting a federal hiring freeze in place almost immediately after he became president. That's big, because the first step to shrinking government is to stop adding more people to it.

Ordered Federal Agencies To Cut Two Regulations For Every New One They Propose: Not only will this lead to fewer regulations, Trump has also decreed that the net cost of any new regulation that is added after cutting the old regulations should be zero. In other words, the regulatory burden on the American people can only go in one direction: down. If you want to help the economy, one of the best ways to do it is to stop strangling American businesses with red tape. Trump understands that.

Putting Out An Executive Order Asking The DOJ And Homeland Security to Withhold "Federal Funds, Except As Mandated By Law" From Sanctuary Cities: Trump talked a lot about sanctuary cities on the campaign trail and it's great to see him taking action against these lawless cities. The fewer sanctuary cities we have, the fewer Americans like Kate Steinle will be raped, robbed or murdered as a result. There is no such thing as the "rule of law" when a protected class of foreign trespassers don't live under the same laws as the rest of us.

Anonymous

Some of these things I really like others I am on the fence about. But, my point is the USA is not fucked because of who  the president is. Fash would likely say the US is a great despite any person who has served in the oval office.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "seoulbro"Some of these things I really like others I am on the fence about. But, my point is the USA is not fucked because of who  the president is. Fash would likely say the US is a great despite any person who has served in the oval office.

While tha Dakota pipeline may be good for Canadians, it sucks as far as the environment in the US is concerned. I don't want to see it happen.

The few jobs it will create is meaningless. Seoul as you know Excutive Orders really don't mean shit. Why do you have to start a new thread in RR? Just smoke another Marlboro. Promise I won't rip on your ass. What about those N.Korean opium poppies?

Anonymous

QuoteWhile tha Dakota pipeline may be good for Canadians, it sucks as far as the environment in the US is concerned. I don't want to see it happen.

Dakota pipeline won't be carrying Canadian crude. :laugh:

It also has no no long term negative impact on the environment.

Keystone XL, Dakota Access pipelines: Good for the environment and the U.S.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-keystone-xl-dakota-access-pipelines-perspec-0131-md-20170130-story.html">http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html">http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-keystone-xl-dakota-access-pipelines-perspec-0131-md-20170130-story.html

Millions of  miles of pipelines criss cross Canada and the US and are  far safer than the alternatives which are rail and trucks.

QuoteThe few jobs it will create is meaningless.

On the contrary, piplelines are needed  infrastructure that create tens of thousands of jobs in the construction phase and more importantly move energy products faster, safer and more efficiently than rail. They also provide hundreds of millions of dollars in tax revenue for all levels of government.

What's funny is the people who protested the completion of Dakota Access were harming the environment.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeHl1mqsY1gf253ASDVGDV9tt0zhZffcuIkdXw7rB3NJoXoCcKXw">

QuoteSeoul as you know Excutive Orders really don't mean shit.

Wrong again, in his second term, Obama touted his executive power, saying: "We're not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we're providing Americans the kind of help they need. I've got a pen and I've got a phone."

Under executive order, the US military was desegregated, Japanese Americans were interned, the New Deal was born and national parks and protected lands were expanded. Some of the biggest changes to the US have come from executive orders.

QuoteWhy do you have to start a new thread in RR? Just smoke another Marlboro. Promise I won't rip on your ass. What about those N.Korean opium poppies?

What about North Korean peddling drugs. They have using illicit activities to raise money for years.

Anonymous

More bad news for TD. The white house intends to lay out broad tax principles on Wednesday, including cutting the federal corporate tax rate to 15 percent from 35 percent and calling for consideration of a child-care tax credit, a senior administration official said. A corporate rate that low would make it difficult to find ways to increase revenue or eliminate deductions to offset it -- that means a plan wouldn't be revenue-neutral, or permanent.

The result was the Dow was up 232 points while our own TSX was flat.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview