Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

O, Canada...

Started by Bricktop, April 21, 2017, 11:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"I'd like to see how many Muslim women apply for gun licenses in Canada and then their crime statistics.  If I'm going to be incensed about something, I'd like an actual reason to be.

Oh I'm sure there are tons..... :laugh3:

You know who apply for gun purchasing permits the most in the US and I'm sure it's the same in Canadar?.....Law abiding people who have absolutely no intention of terrorist or criminal activity.....that's who.

We gotta stop those fuckers..... :laugh3:

It's true.  Law abiding citizens own the majority of guns.

I just can't stand the video posted.  It's another freak out over a non-issue.  The requirement to get a gun are extremely strict and require a lot of information (including fingerprints - I checked).  Not having a picture on your card is minor but yet is being touted as some grave threat to Canadian security.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Zetsu

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "RW"I'm sorry.  Is this an issue?

Giving away a gun licence to someone who's face you cannot see definitely is an issue.

Why?

I guess because to some, facial recognition is so much more reliable than fingerprint ID...... ac_toofunny

Facial recognition is unreliable. Appearances can be changed and do change with the passage of time, fingerprints do not.

All firearms purchases across the board should be based on your individual fingerprint ID and criminal background check.

Who gives a fuck what the person looks like at time of purchase...Is appearance any indication of intent or possible criminal or terrorist activity?......NO.

But the scary part is I dun think Canada requires fingerprints records when applying for a gun license either, on the RCMP gun license application web site they never mentioned anything about fingerprints, but just a photo ID is needed.  ac_unsure

I believe you need a criminal background check and that includes fingerprinting.

That could be one possibility, but iirc I remember my brother mentioned only convicted criminals get their fingerprints records, but then it could be possible if one can't give a photo ID they might use fingerprints as an alternative.
Permanently off his rocker

RW

Giving away a gun licence to someone who's face you cannot see definitely is an issue.

Why?

I guess because to some, facial recognition is so much more reliable than fingerprint ID...... ac_toofunny

Facial recognition is unreliable. Appearances can be changed and do change with the passage of time, fingerprints do not.

All firearms purchases across the board should be based on your individual fingerprint ID and criminal background check.

Who gives a fuck what the person looks like at time of purchase...Is appearance any indication of intent or possible criminal or terrorist activity?......NO.

But the scary part is I dun think Canada requires fingerprints records when applying for a gun license either, on the RCMP gun license application web site they never mentioned anything about fingerprints, but just a photo ID is needed.  ac_unsure

I believe you need a criminal background check and that includes fingerprinting.

That could be one possibility, but iirc I remember my brother mentioned only convicted criminals get their fingerprints records, but then it could be possible if one can't give a photo ID they might use fingerprints as an alternative.

I actually just talked to a person with a firearms license and fingerprints are required to get your card.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Zetsu

Why?

I actually just talked to a person with a firearms license and fingerprints are required to get your card.

Lol that was fast.  :001_tongue:
Permanently off his rocker

RW

I have a great number of people on hand I can ring if I have a question.  I actually messaged Keeper because he used to be an avid hunter and owned several guns and he let me know you get fingerprinted. It's been that way for years.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Apparently, not only are Canadians stupid enough to give gun licences to people they cannot see, but they also fail to see the glaringly obvious issue.

Your government is altering its legal requirements to suit a specific religion!!!

THAT is the stupidity.

Why not exempt religions from child bride marriages? Female genital mutilation? Bigamy?

Why should people who believe different fairy tales than you be treated any differently to any other citizen.

Just plain stupid. And then we wonder why our culture is eroded, when it is us pulling it apart.

Anonymous

Our pm is a bigger apologist for Islam than Rohammad.

Bricktop

Well, someone elected him!!

They are your problem.

RW

Quote from: "Bricktop"Apparently, not only are Canadians stupid enough to give gun licences to people they cannot see, but they also fail to see the glaringly obvious issue.

Your government is altering its legal requirements to suit a specific religion!!!

THAT is the stupidity.

Why not exempt religions from child bride marriages? Female genital mutilation? Bigamy?

Why should people who believe different fairy tales than you be treated any differently to any other citizen.

Just plain stupid. And then we wonder why our culture is eroded, when it is us pulling it apart.

Actually, it's not.  It's providing a secondary method of application in accordance to the Canadian Charter but the requirement to get the license remain the same.  What appears on that license after the application is the difference.

This is a non-issue wrapped in paranoia.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"Our pm is a bigger apologist for Islam than Rohammad.

This was in place well before Trudeau.  See Harper for details.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"Apparently, not only are Canadians stupid enough to give gun licences to people they cannot see, but they also fail to see the glaringly obvious issue.

THAT is the stupidity.

Actually, it's not.  It's providing a secondary method of application in accordance to the Canadian Charter but the requirement to get the license remain the same.  What appears on that license after the application is the difference.

I'm sorry. Perhaps the video is erroneous. But I definitely saw reference to statutes which explicitly identified religion as a basis for being excluded from the same process as other citizens.

Its a statutory discrimination.

Nothing to do with this "Charter" you so dearly embrace.

And as it relates to concealed faces...how many religions is it referencing do you think?

RW

THAT is the stupidity.

I'm sorry. Perhaps the video is erroneous. But I definitely saw reference to statutes which explicitly identified religion as a basis for being excluded from the same process as other citizens.

Its a statutory discrimination.

Nothing to do with this "Charter" you so dearly embrace.

And as it relates to concealed faces...how many religions is it referencing do you think?

So wait a second...

If the process states that you can show ID or follow some other steps, is that deviating from the process?  No it's not because it's part of the process, which I might add has to follow the Charter. Having ID on licenses is a relatively new thing altogether, BTW.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Well, someone elected him!!

They are your problem.

There is no alternative in this country. We have 3 different flavours of Homo-ero.

RW

Yeah we pretty much do haha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Well, someone elected him!!

They are your problem.

There is no alternative in this country. We have 3 different flavours of Homo-ero.

Integration not exclusion.