Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Spent $1,500 at Cummins today...

Started by Angry White Male, May 27, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I like my brew!  Us Germans typically are relatively high brew consumers.

Why?  We like it!

Another invention by superior Chinese.

The inhabitants of the Arabian Peninsula were widely believed to be the first brewers. However, in 2013, a 9000-year-old pottery found in Henan province revealed the presence of alcohol, 1000 years before Arabian. Alcohol is known as Jiu in Chinese and is often used as a spiritual offerings to Heaven and the Earth or ancestors in ancient China. Study shows that beer with an alcoholic

content of 4% to 5% was widely consumed in ancient China and was even mentioned on oracle bone inscriptions of the Shang Dynasty (1600 BC–1046 BC)

Angry White Male

THAT one I'll let you have, Shen...  The rest of the good things we enjoy were from Germans.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"THAT one I'll let you have, Shen...  The rest of the good things we enjoy were from Germans.

Before you pass out drunk be sure to set your clock. That is another invention courtesy of superior Han Chinese.

QuoteThe world's first mechanical clock -Water-driven Spherical Birds– was invented by Yi Xing, a Buddhist monk in 725 A.D.. It was operated by dripping water which powered a wheel that made one revolution in 24 hours. Hundreds of years later, the inventor Su Song developed a more sophisticated clock called the Cosmic Empire in 1092, 200 years earlier before the mechanical clock was created in Europe.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Ya, ya, Fash...  I think we all get by now that Iron is a reformed boozer, and your Christian faith doesn't really like the booze.

I know, I know.

I'm an Atheist, and you don't see me trying to convert you, do you?

Why are you so frightened of sobriety?

Because without the hooch....he has to face what a fucking skid he actually is. That will take more constitutional fortitude than Mel can muster.

That's when his classy Browning comes off the wall for the last time.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Ya, ya, Fash...  I think we all get by now that Iron is a reformed boozer, and your Christian faith doesn't really like the booze.

I know, I know.

Because without the hooch....he has to face what a fucking skid he actually is. That will take more constitutional fortitude than Mel can muster.

But, iron horse jockey says he was in the same place Mel is now?

Renee

I know, I know.

I'm just spit ballin here but I have to assume that Iron Horse had and still has a purpose in life and a reason to turn his life around. I also have to assume he had some kind of support group or system. He also seems relatively grounded in reality.

When you break it all down, Mel ain't got nun of dat goin for him. At least that's how it appears.

From my experience of watching Mel present himself like a blithering idiot all over these forums, I would hazard a guess and say that this place and Van are about the closest things in his fucked up life to a support system that he has. And given that people in both places are soooo sympathetic to his problems....he's in real fucken trouble...... ac_unsure
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

I know, I know.

I was. I used to feel sorry for myself just like Mel does. I decided that I was tired of being owned by the booze. Mel is not at the stage yet where he thinks he can live without booze.

Blurt

Quote from: "Renee"Because without the hooch....he has to face what a fucking skid he actually is. That will take more constitutional fortitude than Mel can muster.

Yes, this.

People not wanting to face the fact that they are living far below their full human potential is the only reason they would turn to drugs or religion. It inures them against the truth of their own flaws, one by masking the pain, the other by glorifying the flaws.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"
Quote from: "Renee"Because without the hooch....he has to face what a fucking skid he actually is. That will take more constitutional fortitude than Mel can muster.

Yes, this.

People not wanting to face the fact that they are living far below their full human potential is the only reason they would turn to drugs or religion. It inures them against the truth of their own flaws, one by masking the pain, the other by glorifying the flaws.

Many people very successful in their careers have become addicted to alcohol and drugs Blurt.

Renee

Yes, this.

Many people very successful in their careers have become addicted to alcohol and drugs Blurt.

A successful career does not insulate a person from being mentally, emotionally or spiritually damaged.

Anonymous

Yes, this.

A successful career does not insulate a person from being mentally, emotionally or spiritually damaged.

I may have misunderstood what Blurt meant by they are living far below their full human potential is the only reason they would turn to drugs.

Anonymous

Yes, this.

Turning to religion?

I'm not religious, I have a relationship with God through Christ?

But, what is wrong with becoming a Mormon for example?

If anything they seem healthier than the general secular population.

Blurt

I don't understand what this means, Fash.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Blurt

Quote from: "Renee"A successful career does not insulate a person from being mentally, emotionally or spiritually damaged.

No, because, in a way, losing yourself in work is just another way of escaping from yourself.

I'm sure we could all come up with examples of workaholics gone bitter for never having had the time nor the opportunity to get to know themselves better.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

I don't understand what this means, Fash.

I wouldn't expect a secular person to understand..

But, I am not religious....not at all.