Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Ontario Nurse Pleads Guilty To Killing 8 Seniors In Her Care

Started by Romero, June 02, 2017, 04:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

QuoteA former Ontario nurse angry with her career and personal life believed she was an instrument of God as she used insulin to kill vulnerable seniors in her care over the course of nearly a decade.

About seven months after her arrest last fall, Elizabeth Wettlaufer pleaded guilty Thursday to eight counts of first-degree murder, four counts of attempted murder and two counts of aggravated assault.

The crimes — which took place in three Ontario long-term care facilities and at a private home — make Wettlaufer one of Canada's most prolific serial killers.

Emotional family and friends of her victims packed a courtroom in Woodstock, Ont., as the 49-year-old quietly said the word "guilty'' 14 times before a judge and admitted she used insulin in every case.

"Ms. Wettlaufer got that, 'red surging feeling' — and God telling her 'this is the one,''' a Crown lawyer told the court.

In many cases, a growing rage over her job and her life built up until Wettlaufer felt an "urge to kill,'' prosecutors explained. She said the feeling would only abate after she overdosed her victims.

Court heard that Wettlaufer was not intoxicated on drugs or alcohol when she killed or tried to kill. Many of her victims lived with dementia.

There were religious undertones to many of the killings, court heard, and in some cases, there was no motive other than "returning them to god,'' court heard.

"I honestly felt that God wanted to use me,'' she told investigators at one point about her efforts to kill one elderly woman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/01/wettlaufer-trial_n_16909462.html">//http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/01/wettlaufer-trial_n_16909462.html

Anonymous

I thought she killed 14 people?

My wife is a nurse and she can't  believe anyone in her profession could even think of doing what that nurse in Ontario did.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteA former Ontario nurse angry with her career and personal life believed she was an instrument of God as she used insulin to kill vulnerable seniors in her care over the course of nearly a decade.

About seven months after her arrest last fall, Elizabeth Wettlaufer pleaded guilty Thursday to eight counts of first-degree murder, four counts of attempted murder and two counts of aggravated assault.

The crimes — which took place in three Ontario long-term care facilities and at a private home — make Wettlaufer one of Canada's most prolific serial killers.

Emotional family and friends of her victims packed a courtroom in Woodstock, Ont., as the 49-year-old quietly said the word "guilty'' 14 times before a judge and admitted she used insulin in every case.

"Ms. Wettlaufer got that, 'red surging feeling' — and God telling her 'this is the one,''' a Crown lawyer told the court.

In many cases, a growing rage over her job and her life built up until Wettlaufer felt an "urge to kill,'' prosecutors explained. She said the feeling would only abate after she overdosed her victims.

Court heard that Wettlaufer was not intoxicated on drugs or alcohol when she killed or tried to kill. Many of her victims lived with dementia.

There were religious undertones to many of the killings, court heard, and in some cases, there was no motive other than "returning them to god,'' court heard.

"I honestly felt that God wanted to use me,'' she told investigators at one point about her efforts to kill one elderly woman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/01/wettlaufer-trial_n_16909462.html">//http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/01/wettlaufer-trial_n_16909462.html

This is shocking..

She's now one of Canada's most infamous serial killers.

Anonymous

I wonder how many people she really murdered. Away from work too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I wonder how many people she really murdered. Away from work too.

We may never know.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I wonder how many people she really murdered. Away from work too.

Think about that...people think people in prison are dangerous....the worst ones are walking free around us..

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Think about that...people think people in prison are dangerous....the worst ones are walking free around us..

Your Chug-A-Boo killed someone, and yet you still decided to have a kid with him...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Think about that...people think people in prison are dangerous....the worst ones are walking free around us..

Your Chug-A-Boo killed someone, and yet you still decided to have a kid with him...

:001_rolleyes: