Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

YOU SHALL ALL SING WITH ME NOW...

Started by Angry White Male, May 31, 2017, 12:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Hate to break it to you, Fash, but I went to an all-White school, I mean ALL White, and bullying still existed.  Obviously skin colour wasn't an issue, as we were all the same colour, but kids just found other reasons to bully some others.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Kids can be pretty cruel.

My brother and I didn't actually attend a school..

It was glorified home schooling in a church and a portable..

My brother and I were among the very few minorities in the school and unfortunately bigotry was tolerated.

You are made out of fucking pudding.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Hate to break it to you, Fash, but I went to an all-White school, I mean ALL White, and bullying still existed.  Obviously skin colour wasn't an issue, as we were all the same colour, but kids just found other reasons to bully some others.

It's not the same thing Mel.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"It's not the same thing Mel.

It is.

I've seen people bullied for lesser reasons than skin colour, since there were no minorities at my school.  It will always happen with kids in school.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"It's not the same thing Mel.

It is.

I've seen people bullied for lesser reasons than skin colour, since there were no minorities at my school.  It will always happen with kids in school.

I was bullied and I bullied other kids. Fash was treated like a foreigner in her own school and it sounds like adults condoned it. That is not cool at all.

Angry White Male

No bullying is cool.  However, don't always assume it's because of your race or colour.  If it wasn't that, they'd find other things.  Trust me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"No bullying is cool.  However, don't always assume it's because of your race or colour.  If it wasn't that, they'd find other things.  Trust me.

Fash said she was called a "fish head." She was ridiculed for being a visible minority and adults didn't stop the kids. What is wrong with these so called grown ups.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Fash said she was called a "fish head." She was ridiculed for being a visible minority and adults didn't stop. What is wrong with these so called grown ups.

What can they do...  Kids will do what they do, and I'm telling you they will bully other kids, regardless of race.

And realistically?  It's good!  Toughens you up a bit...  call me a Kraut?  I don't care!

Renee

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"No bullying is cool.  However, don't always assume it's because of your race or colour.  If it wasn't that, they'd find other things.  Trust me.

Fash said she was called a "fish head." She was ridiculed for being a visible minority and adults didn't stop the kids. What is wrong with these so called grown ups.

From kindergarten thru the 5th grade I went to a small predominantly white Catholic school and was bullied for being the fat kid and also because I was perceived as a "slow learner" which was the label and stigma that got slapped on every kid with a learning disability.

Don't think that for one minute that some of the teachers and nuns didn't condone the treatment I got at the hands of my "fellow" classmates. Most just turned a blind eye to it while others openly and blatantly encouraged it.

It's an unfortunate fact that certain children get singled out because some so called educators are not qualified to be teaching because they have antisocial tendencies. There is a lot more to teaching than just opening a book and telling a classroom full of children to follow along.

I can still vividly remember "Sister Margaret Marlboro Breath".....grabbing me by the chin, getting right in my face and pronouncing me "dumb" in front of the whole classroom, because I couldn't get the hang of long division fast enough for her liking.......To this day the smell of cigarette breath halitosis makes me violently ill.  

Exactly what kind of effect do you think that created among my oh so compassionate academic  peers?.....It basically gave the rotten little fucks licence to treat me like shit.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

That is terrible Renee..

Were the nuns real teachers?

The adults who did encouraged racial abuse were not teachers..

Some of them had children in the supervised home school program at the church.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"That is terrible Renee..

Were the nuns real teachers?

The adults who did encouraged racial abuse were not teachers..

Some of them had children in the supervised home school program at the church.

So the bigotry you experienced was fostered by the parents of your classmates...Noice... :nea:

No wonder the kids you went to school with were such assholes. As you well know, children are a product of their environment. If you have asshole parents you almost always end up with asshole children.

I'm sorry you had to face that.

As for my experience; yes, the nuns were teachers. How qualified they were, I don't know. I suppose they had some kind of half assed teaching certificate or degree in education from some dog shit Catholic institution.

When I went to Catholic school the archdiocese in our area was just starting to phase out nuns as teachers. Mostly because requirements for teaching certification were getting stricter and not enough of the Sisters of the Bullshit Virgin were educated enough or qualified enough to be teaching. Most of them were so fucking ancient that they probably became nuns around the time when Teddy Roosevelt was fighting the Spanish. Probably only about half the teaching staff were "lay teachers".

The nuns always struck me as being very bitter and angry. They were probably all pissed off because by that time, they had been stripped of their corporal punishment abilities. They couldn't beat us any more so they found more devious and emotionally damaging ways to torture the students. The entire student body lived in fear of that pack of black cloaked hyenas. To this day I still get the shivers when I see one and I have to fight the urge to walk up to it and poke it right in the eye.

BUT, I know that would be WRONG...so I control myself. :001_rolleyes:

Besides.....if I go to jail for nun assault....who is going to take care of my 30 dogs..... :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

I went through the public school system in Toronto. If any teacher ever encouraged the kind of behaviour that Fash's instructors or whatever you  want to call them or the nuns in Renee's school, they would face immediate consequences  pending the results of an investigation.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Yep.  I agree.  The fuck is wrong with them?  School are such a joke with their "no bullying policies".  Yet when kids get bullied, they do nothing.  Its a fuckin joke.

My policy I teach my kid?  If anyone bullies you, stand up for yourself.  Fight back.  

My kids never been bullied but its what I taught her...she's allowed to hit and fight as long as the douche bag throws the first hit.

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"I went through the public school system in Toronto. If any teacher ever encouraged the kind of behaviour that Fash's instructors or whatever you  want to call them or the nuns in Renee's school, they would face immediate consequences  pending the results of an investigation.

Exactly....when my parents finally pulled me out Catholic school...or rather I was thrown out..... :laugh3: I went to public school and it was like a completely different world...Not only were the teachers more engaged in a positive way with the students but they were held accountable for their actions towards students. This was a shock to me...I also got the academic  support I needed to overcome the learning disabilities I have. Where as in Catholic school, I was just left to flounder with the rest of the "dumb" kids.

The student body was also different, friendlier, more tolerant and a lot less apt to be vicious toward each other. I guess it was due to the greater diversity within the student body.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

My policy I teach my kid?  If anyone bullies you, stand up for yourself.  Fight back.  

My kids never been bullied but its what I taught her...she's allowed to hit and fight as long as the douche bag throws the first hit.

ac_drinks

Same way I taught my son.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.