Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

YOU SHALL ALL SING WITH ME NOW...

Started by Angry White Male, May 31, 2017, 12:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I went through the public school system in Toronto. If any teacher ever encouraged the kind of behaviour that Fash's instructors or whatever you  want to call them or the nuns in Renee's school, they would face immediate consequences  pending the results of an investigation.

Exactly....when my parents finally pulled me out Catholic school...or rather I was thrown out..... :laugh3: I went to public school and it was like a completely different world...Not only were the teachers more engaged in a positive way with the students but they were held accountable for their actions towards students. This was a shock to me...I also got the academic  support I needed to overcome the learning disabilities I have. Where as in Catholic school, I was just left to flounder with the rest of the "dumb" kids.

The student body was also different, friendlier, more tolerant and a lot less apt to be vicious toward each other. I guess it was due to the greater diversity within the student body.

Were the nuns real educators?

Kids must be nicer in NJ than Toronto. Toronto is perhaps the most diverse city in the world, but we were not always so friendly with one another.

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I went through the public school system in Toronto. If any teacher ever encouraged the kind of behaviour that Fash's instructors or whatever you  want to call them or the nuns in Renee's school, they would face immediate consequences  pending the results of an investigation.

Exactly....when my parents finally pulled me out Catholic school...or rather I was thrown out..... :laugh3: I went to public school and it was like a completely different world...Not only were the teachers more engaged in a positive way with the students but they were held accountable for their actions towards students. This was a shock to me...I also got the academic  support I needed to overcome the learning disabilities I have. Where as in Catholic school, I was just left to flounder with the rest of the "dumb" kids.

The student body was also different, friendlier, more tolerant and a lot less apt to be vicious toward each other. I guess it was due to the greater diversity within the student body.

Kids must be nicer in NJ than Toronto. Toronto is perhaps the most diverse city in the world, but we were not always so friendly with one another.

I covered the question of nuns as educators in one of my previous posts.

As for kids being nicer in NJ...It depends on the circumstances. Cliques and opposing social/racial groups are here just like anywhere else. It's just that compared to the Catholic school I went to, they didn't seem as willing to sell each other out for a bit of social safety, if you get my meaning.

Right after college I taught for one year in an inner city Jr. High school here in NJ, that was mostly black and Hispanic. And believe me, the kind of diversity going on in schools like that, you don't want any part of.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

You Torontonians are not as genial as us Winnipeggers. ac_sothere

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Neither are Calgarians, but we hope to be someday.

:laugh:

Renee

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I've been to Toronto dozens of times and for the most part the denizens are so nice that I want to puke. In fact all you Canadians are so willing to be nice that it's disgusting to someone like me who comes from one of the rudest places in the US.

Just to add a little perspective here are some driving rules to adhere to if you are ever in NJ. In fact you should spread this around up there because I'm God Damn sick and tired of you dipshit Canucks hauling your 5th wheels at a glacial pace down the Garden State Parkway in the summer.......STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE FAR LEFT LANE....GOD DAMN IT!

. If you are in the left lane and only driving 75 in a 55 mph zone, you are considered a road hazard and will be "flipped off" accordingly. If you return the flip, you'll be shot.[/b]

12. Do not try to estimate travel time - just leave Monday afternoon for Tuesday appointments, by noon Thursday for Friday appointments, and right after church on Sunday for anything on Monday morning.

13. "Yield" signs coming off a freeway actually mean: "Speed up, Squeeze in, and Good luck". This one is most important.

SAFE DRIVING ! ! !
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

priscilla1961

My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

My policy I teach my kid?  If anyone bullies you, stand up for yourself.  Fight back.  

My kids never been bullied but its what I taught her...she's allowed to hit and fight as long as the douche bag throws the first hit.

ac_drinks

Same way I taught my son.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:  Its the only way.

Berry Sweet

I dont know much about private schools...only that they are filled with religious pedos who dress the females like little sluts.  Who the hell allows their little girl to wear a mini skirt and knee high socks everyday?  Even at freezing temps?  Seriously?  Theres a private school a few blocks from me and I see these girls in the winter freezing their asses of walking down the street.  So ridiculous.

My neice goes to a Christian private school.  She had zero friends from this school.  My sister sometimes complains about this and other shit about the school...im so tired of it...either fuck off and deal with it or pull her out and put her in a public school.

Anonymous

I dont know much about private schools...only that they are filled with religious pedos who dress the females like little sluts.  Who the hell allows their little girl to wear a mini skirt and knee high socks everyday?  Even at freezing temps?  Seriously?  Theres a private school a few blocks from me and I see these girls in the winter freezing their asses of walking down the street.  So ridiculous.

My neice goes to a Christian private school.  She had zero friends from this school.  My sister sometimes complains about this and other shit about the school...im so tired of it...either fuck off and deal with it or pull her out and put her in a public school.

My daughter's uniform is not like that.

Anonymous

Must be a Catholic school.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

My daughter's uniform is not like that.

We wore something like this ugly thing..... :yuk: Only it was grey and black..... :yuk:  :yuk:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3f/b6/ca/3fb6cafcd8b738f7a76c7a0b592dfb59.jpg">

It was just so flattering.... :nea:

Anonymous

^^Does that ever look old fashioned.

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"^^Does that ever look old fashioned.

Yeah well, I ain't no spring chicken anymore.... ac_sothere

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"^^Does that ever look old fashioned.

Yeah well, I ain't no spring chicken anymore.... ac_sothere

I'm sure it was ancient when you wore it.