Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

YOU SHALL ALL SING WITH ME NOW...

Started by Angry White Male, May 31, 2017, 12:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

At my children's school, they have some choice in uniforms..

All students, boys and girls, plus the teachers must wear the school blazer with a white collar shirt..

Students must wear navy blue or black pants.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

plus the teachers must wear the school blazer with a white collar shirt..

I dont want teachers wearing me  ac_crying
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

plus the teachers must wear the school blazer with a white collar shirt..

I dont want teachers wearing me  ac_crying

I like that everyone from grade eight students to the school principal where the same jacket with the school crest on it.

Blurt

Quote from: "seoulbro"I went through the public school system in Toronto. If any teacher ever encouraged the kind of behaviour that Fash's instructors or whatever you  want to call them or the nuns in Renee's school, they would face immediate consequences  pending the results of an investigation.

I went through the public school system in Montreal. Some teachers were in the habit of physically assaulting their students (one of my classmates once got hauled up by his lapels and was sent flying through the door, smashing the casement side window (and his eyeglasses). That particular teacher was eventually transferred to an all-girls public school.

Fondest memory: my 8th grade math teach called me "Jello-Pudding" throughout the entire year, especially when addressing me in class. (Yeah, I had a couple of extra pounds.)
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Angry White Male

Blurt

You're entirely free to do so.

Won't change reality.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Blurt

You gotta remember one thing, Mel: I was 6 when we landed in Montreal and my father, in his infinite wisdom, chose to send us "squareheads" to French public school. This is East End Montreal, mind you. In the mid- to late 60's.

Didn't matter if my brother and I also spoke French, we were the local representatives of the oh so hated Anglos and we got treated accordingly.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Angry White Male

I can't see a teacher calling you Jello, even back then.  Don't make shit up.

Blurt

Not "Jello"... "Jello-Pudding." The extra pair of syllables were never left out.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Blurt

Dude.

Where did you grow up? In a convent?
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Angry White Male

I live where I grew up.

Get it together, Blurt!

It's time for rockabilly!

Blurt

Rockabilly schmockabilly!

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpc3cCxWNkU
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Angry White Male

Original DV did stand for "Discover Vancouver"...

I don't think there's many left from here geographically...

You're in Victoria though, so it's close enough...

Take a Rick Shaw ride yet from bar to bar?  I felt sorry for taking Rickshaw from bar to bar in Vic, but people I was with explained that the college kids needed the money, so they run RickShaw....

Rickshaw doesn't run in Vancouver...  Just in Victoria.

Blurt

Nope, never taken the rickshaw ride, but I've seen kids do down at the Strath and at Bastion Square.

The kids are all drunk but I sometimes wonder if the runners aren't, as well; they like to slalom their way across traffic lanes while their charges giggle and vomit in the back. True, there isn't much traffic in the wee hours when the bars overflow on the sidewalk, but still.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

I never saw the rickshaws when I was in Victoria.

ac_unsure