News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Anyone doing anything special for Canadas 150th B-day Milestone this long weekend?

Started by weebles, June 27, 2017, 08:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weebles

Lots of great events concersts and things going on do not forget you Canda 150 comerative Stamps from Cananda post and Coin Collection from the Canadain mint...cheers have fun all  ac_drinks

weebles

Enjoy made me LOL   ac_drinks

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-AvcNCGzcI

weebles

weebles

Anonymous

Quote from: "weebles"Lots of great events concersts and things going on do not forget you Canda 150 comerative Stamps from Cananda post and Coin Collection from the Canadain mint...cheers have fun all  ac_drinks

My husband and I will go see the fireworks. Other than we hope to spend most of our time outdoors weather permitting.

Anonymous

Quote from: "weebles"Lots of great events concersts and things going on do not forget you Canda 150 comerative Stamps from Cananda post and Coin Collection from the Canadain mint...cheers have fun all  ac_drinks

It's a very eventful July 1 this year weebles and lots of activities no matter where you live in this fine land.

ac_smile

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"We are off to see my inlaws in the Okanagan.

It must be hot there?

weebles

nice just avoid th ging in the lake th it is super conaimented   right now  so would not go boating or swmming  and would boil water  or bring bottled eater to drink just to be safe but have fun hard to beat the Okanagen Valley  IMO

RW

Quote from: "weebles"

nice just avoid th ging in the lake th it is super conaimented   right now  so would not go boating or swmming  and would boil water  or bring bottled eater to drink just to be safe but have fun hard to beat the Okanagen Valley  IMO

Say what now?  The lake is contaminated?  Which lake?
Beware of Gaslighters!

weebles

The Okanagan Indian Band is cautioning people about taking a dip in Okanagan Lake.

The band has issued a warning that some areas of Okanagan Lake could be contaminated due to recent flooding.

The band even placed a 'Contaminated water' sign at its land near Kin Beach.

OKIB officials are warning private beaches on Okanagan lakes are potentially contaminated with sewage, water runoff, chemicals and waste from waterfowl, domestic and wild animals.

There may also be unpredictable currents, fast-flowing water and submerged hazards that are dangerous.

The First Nation's Health Authority recommend:

Swimmers avoid flooded water and/or swim with caution in waters with high amounts of debris. Debris can present physical hazards and increase risk of entrapment and drowning

Do not swim in water that looks murky, smells unpleasant, or has unusually high discolouration.

Avoid swallowing water or putting your head under water if you are unsure about its quality.

Avoid swimming if you have an open wound or infection.

Avoid swimming if you are sick from digestive or intestinal problem.

Chiefs and councils may wish to post advisories on beaches where they believe it is unsafe to swim or there has been contamination from sewage systems, storm drainage, etc.

First Nations Health Authority will support local First Nations in recreational water sampling where it is unclear if there has been contamination or if the beach should be posted.

Sorce: https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/198495/Water-may-be-contaminated">https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/19 ... ntaminated">https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/198495/Water-may-be-contaminated

Also Do not Froget Okangen lake flows into Skaha Lake as well so both lakes would be smrthing I would avoid swimming or  going to the beach just in case to be safe.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

weebles

Quote from: "Fashionista"

It's a very eventful July 1 this year weebles and lots of activities no matter where you live in this fine land.

ac_smile

Agreed must remind peeps heading out to make sure to wear sunscreen and   drink lots of water enjoy the festivies all

Anonymous

Quote from: "weebles"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_smile

Agreed must remind peeps heading out to make sure to wear sunscreen and   drink lots of water enjoy the festivies all

I hope it's warm and sunny weebles..

It's been so cold and rainy lately.