The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Reasons to Quit Smoking

Started by shin, June 18, 2017, 01:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"We pay our way, everyday!

Next time you catch a whiff of second hand smoke, you should thank that smoker!

Geek. Lol...a lot of the young ones are switching over to e-smokes and using their tabacco products, i wonder how much was made for those.

I just bought an epen for oil de marijuana.  It is very, simple, descreet and nice!

realgrimm

Quote from: "shin"How do you get someone to quit smoking?

It's probably a lesson in futility to simply tell them that smoking tobacco can lead to a number of irreversible health problems.

I used to smoke for 15 years, then one day I suddenly became health-conscious and quit (with the help of a disposable e-cig). That was in June 2013, and I haven't had any relapses. I did feel the cravings, though. I found it helped to keep in mind why I was quitting and how little I enjoyed smoking after so many years. It had just became a repetitive habit for me.

I think it's doubly difficult to quit when you're constantly around other people who smoke. I don't want to sound preachy, and I think the smoker has to internalize why they smoke, then notice what it's doing to them over time.

you could give yourself negative re-enforcement every time you smoke , like shock aversion therapy...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7bujfEUJFQZg82uk/giphy.gif">

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
I just bought an epen for oil de marijuana.  It is very, simple, descreet and nice!

Nice  :thumbup:

I smoked cigs for 5 years in my late teens, early 20s. Didnt like it, got me a pinch hitter. It looks like a cig, but has a couple tokes of pot loaded in it instead lol. Very discreet as well.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Nice  :thumbup:

I smoked cigs for 5 years in my late teens, early 20s. Didnt like it, got me a pinch hitter. It looks like a cig, but has a couple tokes of pot loaded in it instead lol. Very discreet as well.

Fear is an amazing motivator for quitting. E-pens are damn near worse than smoking due to chemicals being used in the vape liquid. Double check the chemicals in the oil de marijuana Berry......
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Renee

Quote from: "realgrimm"you could give yourself negative re-enforcement every time you smoke , like shock aversion therapy...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7bujfEUJFQZg82uk/giphy.gif">

Do any of these dumb, white, trailer trash, assholes own a God damn shirt?..... :laugh3:

BTW, that's like the best place an idiot like that could hit himself with a stun gun....That way the electrical current can go right across his groin and into his frickin junk.....  ac_lmfao
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Does anyone really need to think of a reason to quit smoking?

shin

Quote from: "Fashionista"

It's probably a lesson in futility to simply tell them that smoking tobacco can lead to a number of irreversible health problems.

I used to smoke for 15 years, then one day I suddenly became health-conscious and quit (with the help of a disposable e-cig). That was in June 2013, and I haven't had any relapses. I did feel the cravings, though. I found it helped to keep in mind why I was quitting and how little I enjoyed smoking after so many years. It had just became a repetitive habit for me.

I think it's doubly difficult to quit when you're constantly around other people who smoke. I don't want to sound preachy, and I think the smoker has to internalize why they smoke, then notice what it's doing to them over time.

Is the smoker a relative shin?

Yes. My sister and her husband have "quit" for short periods of time, but they often don't overlap, and one seeing the other smoke makes them want to start up again. I think it's more of the addiction than sugar coating the negative effects of it.

i was lucky that I could distance myself from other smokers until I found it to be less appealing. If I had to live in the same house with a smoker I think it would be 3 times more difficult.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

Yes. My sister and her husband have "quit" for short periods of time, but they often don't overlap, and one seeing the other smoke makes them want to start up again. I think it's more of the addiction than sugar coating the negative effects of it.

i was lucky that I could distance myself from other smokers until I found it to be less appealing. If I had to live in the same house with a smoker I think it would be 3 times more difficult.

I could imagine it's a lot more difficult to quit a bad habit if others in your own house won't give it up.

shin

Quote from: "shin"

I could imagine it's a lot more difficult to quit a bad habit if others in your own house won't give it up.

I can't speak for everyone who ever smoked cigarettes, but generally when you have nicotine in your system and you see someone light up, it's almost like a thirst for warm smoke billowing into the lungs.

That might not sound too pleasing, but I think it must be difficult for any smoker to describe what they actually like about it. For some, the oral fixation and tactile sensation of pulling one out of a pack then lighting it and flicking the ashes might be significantly enjoyable, for others blowing the smoke out and pulling in more smoke seems like an endless cycle... until it turns into a mindless habit taken for granted from doing it so often.

A pack a day (20 cigarettes) is what most agree is the benchmark for a heavy smoker. I think when someone smokes that many on a regular basis they're pretty much having one more than every hour and by then their life is revolving around it.

Anonymous

I never understood why anyone would smoke..

A glass of wine tastes good to some people, but cigarettes?

I don't get it.

ac_dunno

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I never understood why anyone would smoke..

I don't get it.

ac_dunno

I am addicted to nicotine and it's habit forming. I have really cut down the number of smokes I have each day.  About three to five cancer sticks a day. That number will rise tonight when we have barbeque and cocktails after golf.

I am still a smoker, but I am on track to be nicotine free.

Angry White Male

I don't get it.

ac_dunno

I smoke because I like to smoke.  If you don't want to smoke, then don't smoke.  Pretty fucking simple.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

I don't get it.

ac_dunno

I smoke because I like to smoke.  If you don't want to smoke, then don't smoke.  Pretty fucking simple.

Most of you queers like to smoke.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"Most of you queers like to smoke.

OK there big guy...

GORDY GAMBINO

RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE