Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

London Now - Horrid Major Fire / Inferno in 24 story apartment

Started by cc, June 13, 2017, 11:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

It's in the East, so less likely to be deliberate, although police have charged someone

Say, looking at the map, is that near QuingDao (forget exact spelling but its on East coast) where mate spent 8 days doing business?

Well, turned out he found out the 1st day that it was all "monkey business" they wanted, lol .. so the return trip could not come soon enough  .. long, strange, "educational"  some of it quite funny, and some quite a scary tale before he got back to Beijing and  headed home. Much of it he thought it best not to tell me on the phone as I would worry .. saved the good parts till he got home

Could write a long tale on all that happened during that 8 days
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"It's in the East, so less likely to be deliberate, although police have charged someone

Say, looking at the map, is that near QuingDao (forget exact spelling but its on East coast) where mate spent 8 days doing business?

Well, turned out he found out the 1st day that it was all "monkey business" they wanted, lol .. so the return trip could not come soon enough  .. long, strange, "educational"  some of it quite funny, and some quite a scary tale before he got back to Beijing and  headed home. Much of it he thought it best not to tell me on the phone as I would worry .. saved the good parts till he got home

Could write a long tale on all that happened during that 8 days

Why is it less likely to be deliberate in the East? East Asia has arsonists too. People wanting an insurance payout, eliminate the competition or just plain old madmen.

And it's apparently close to  Shanghai.

cc

QuoteWhy is it less likely to be deliberate in the East? East Asia has arsonists too. People wanting an insurance payout, eliminate the competition or just plain old madmen.

All good points and all possible causes. What I meant  was that the ongoing trouble in the West would not be in play as a possible  cause

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
QuoteWhy is it less likely to be deliberate in the East? East Asia has arsonists too. People wanting an insurance payout, eliminate the competition or just plain old madmen.

All good points and all possible causes. What I meant  was that the ongoing trouble in the West would not be in play as a possible  cause

The other thing about China is it could be safety violations and the authorities are just saying it was criminal so the public won't  be pissed with the government.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "cc"

The other thing about China is it could be safety violations and the authorities are just saying it was criminal so the public won't  be pissed with the government.

It's hard to say who or what really caused the explosion.

Bricktop

Quote from: "SCOUSE"It was a faulty fridge what apparently caused it, I knew it wouldn't have been a terror attack.

A faulty fridge started a fire.

Faulty design and materials killed what is expected to be around 70 people at the final count. And there are 4000 more of these deathtraps in the UK.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"It was a faulty fridge what apparently caused it, I knew it wouldn't have been a terror attack.

A faulty fridge started a fire.

Faulty design and materials killed what is expected to be around 70 people at the final count. And there are 4000 more of these deathtraps in the UK.

I don't understand how a concrete building can go up in flames like that?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"I don't understand how a concrete building can go up in flames like that?

Not enough of it was concrete, and lack of any fire suppression systems?

I am not an engineer, but when we think of a concrete building, we may think that every floor and wall is built out of concrete.  That is probably not the case...

Anonymous

cc

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/18/grenfell-tower-death-toll-expected-rise-58-police-say/">The number of people dead and missing presumed dead after the Grenfell Tower disaster has risen to 79, police have revealed.

I guess most of us expected that sort of end result

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/18/grenfell-tower-death-toll-expected-rise-58-police-say/">The number of people dead and missing presumed dead after the Grenfell Tower disaster has risen to 79, police have revealed.

I guess most of us expected that sort of end result

And the death toll will climb.

GORDY GAMBINO

The outside cladding is 2 layers of laminated thin aluminimun and the glue is highly inflammable. This is attached to battens creating a 30mm flue tunnel. The battans attach to shody insulation which is attached to the original concrete walls.

For single storey dwellings not high rise.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Angry White Male

My building has Hardie Plank siding...  Supposedly won't burn, and sort of imitates wood siding in looks.