Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Why I cringe when I meet Koreans

Started by Anonymous, July 02, 2017, 03:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"You.

I am a Canadian. I'm drinking beer right now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"You're not married with kids? Gasp.

Hey Koreans, stop asking me ffs. :dash1:

We East Asians are conformists..

Remaining single doesn't fit into our societal norms.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I would hate to work in a Korean company. Ass kissing makes me sick.

Ass kissing goes on in every company...yeah some are worse than others.  Ive seen it at different places of employment and it makes me sick too.  I cant understand how some employees will literally kiss ass in front of everyone everyday...they really do look like desperate whores...its so high school...I go to work, work and take my paycheque home....im not getting mixed up with those kind of people...altho there are a few who are laid back like me....they cool.

If you don't bow and lick ass in a Korean company, you are history.

I would think that Hyundai for example would follow North American norms at a branch plant on this continent.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I would hate to work in a Korean company. Ass kissing makes me sick.

Ass kissing goes on in every company...yeah some are worse than others.  Ive seen it at different places of employment and it makes me sick too.  I cant understand how some employees will literally kiss ass in front of everyone everyday...they really do look like desperate whores...its so high school...I go to work, work and take my paycheque home....im not getting mixed up with those kind of people...altho there are a few who are laid back like me....they cool.

If you don't bow and lick ass in a Korean company, you are history.

I would think that Hyundai for example would follow North American norms at a branch plant on this continent.

Probably, I don't know. I never applied for a job at a Korean owned company.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

We East Asians are conformists..

Remaining single doesn't fit into our societal norms.

So, I have seen.

Romero

A few years ago I had a Korean friend and roommate who moved here to get away from the expectations of marriage, kids, education, work... having a couple of older sisters who met those expectations didn't help.

I've lost touch with her since. She really loved the freedom of just moving around from place to place.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"

A few years ago I had a Korean friend and roommate who moved here to get away from the expectations of marriage, kids, education, work... having a couple of older sisters who met those expectations didn't help.

I've lost touch with her since. She really loved the freedom of just moving around from place to place.

I have known a few Korean students in Canada who came here in their thirties for precisely those reasons. Like I said, even for Koreans who were raised here those expectations are still there.