Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Trudeau Regime Needs Regain Control Of Our Borders

Started by Anonymous, August 08, 2017, 04:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Although I voted for Trudeau, I have to agree with the OP somewhat, that the Prime Monister is too loose in allowing refugees to cross our borders. He and his government need to put their foot down now before the situation gets out of control.

In all honesty, I'm somewhat disappointed with his performance. However during the last election, I did state that a minority government would've been best for the country no matter who got in. Trudeau like Harper before him, has shown that he can't govern responsibly with a majority government. And Justin is making the same mistake as his father during his first term by running a government lacking in accountability.

I believe we could be in for another minority government after the next election, similar to what happened in 1972, when Dad Trudeau lost his majority and the conservatives came within just 1 seat of dethroning him. I believe Andrew Scheer is a formidable opponent and Trudeau should take him more seriously.

Trudeau and his party are failing to listen to Canadians much like they are too dismissive of Andrew Scheer.

JOE

The other thing I was gonna suggest is that if we allow refugees in, they should have to wait 10 years before being eligible to apply for citizenship. Refugee status should not be an automatic pathway to citizenship. And if the refugees are allowed in, then resettle them to living in some shithole like Dawson Creek or Fort Mac.

Also they shouldn't be allowed to apply for high paying government jobs. This would be fair since many immigrants who enter have to often wait years to get in, and they must meet a high educational and professional standard. It's not fair that the refugees get to jump the que ahead of legitimate immigrants.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"The other thing I was gonna suggest is that if we allow refugees in, they should have to wait 10 years before being eligible to apply for citizenship. Refugee status should not be an automatic pathway to citizenship. And if the refugees are allowed in, then resettle them to living in some shithole like Dawson Creek or Fort Mac.

Also they shouldn't be allowed to apply for high paying government jobs. This would be fair since many immigrants who enter have to often wait years to get in, and they must meet a high educational and professional standard. It's not fair that the refugees get to jump the que ahead of legitimate immigrants.

You are one predictable troll.

JOE

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "JOE"The other thing I was gonna suggest is that if we allow refugees in, they should have to wait 10 years before being eligible to apply for citizenship. Refugee status should not be an automatic pathway to citizenship. And if the refugees are allowed in, then resettle them to living in some shithole like Dawson Creek or Fort Mac.

You are one predictable troll.

Wha? How so, seolbro? You keep calling me a troll, but then never back up your statements how you've been trolled are that I have done so.

Actually, the idea of making refugees wait longer to establish permanent residency isn't even my idea, but one advanced by a conservative pro-Trump supporter whom I met a dinner. Like him, I agree that citizenship shouldn't be given away like candy, that the would be applicant should have to earn it. He's original a British citizen, who had to go through all the normal channels to enter Canada and to gain all the full privileges of citizenship here.

I think in the US, they already have a swap for citizenship with military service option. So...10 hard years in the trenches make them appreciate the value of their citizenship. It's not a given....but they have to wait a long time, pay their dues and to work hard for it.

I don't believe the government should be giving out asylum or a pathway to citizenship like they are now.  by pandering to them rather than acting out of the national interest. At the same time, this could well backfire on the Liberal party, as increasing numbers bolt the party and vote Conservative instead.

Anonymous

^^As I said, a predictable troll.

IHJ is a xenophobe, but at least he isn't posting just to try and stir the pot.

Anonymous

Joe is a drive by artist. VF is the perfect place for the likes of him and his bf Edward'.

Here's a good article by Anthony Furey.

QuoteWhat'll it take for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to unequivocally state that it's against the law to illegally enter Canada and that he flat out doesn't want anyone doing it?

That's what needs to be done to stem the flood of illegal migrants crossing into Canada daily from the United States. It's his problem. He started it. He's uniquely positioned to solve it.

It's an odd notion, that the sentiments and sayings of a political leader alone are enough to shift an issue. It should be more difficult, more complex. And in some respects it is. But it's a fact that Trudeau's hashtag virtue-signalling bears a huge amount of responsibility for the illegal crossings happening at the Quebec border right now.

Back in January he issued his famous #WelcometoCanada tweet that ambiguously implied everyone was welcome to come on in. "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada took to social media to restate the country's open-door policy," none other than The New York Times parlayed to readers around the world in the first sentence of a major story.

This misleading sentiment continued to be spread throughout migrant circles in the intervening months, bringing us to the current boiling point. "Migrants are being misled about Canada's immigration policy," a recent CTV News headline blares. "False information sends asylum-seeking Haitians to Canada," says The Globe & Mail.

Disturbingly, we've heard little from the actual government when it comes to correcting the record. And it's not like they've been shy in the past at correcting faulty information making its way onto the public record.

In January, the prime minister's office went out of its way to ask for a correction from Fox News Channel for one of their tweets that incorrectly identified the background of the suspect in the Quebec mosque shooting. But the PMO never wrote to The New York Times and other outlets to clarify the "open-door policy" error, which has more damaging repercussions.

The bureaucrats are clearly trying. The immigration and refugee department made a Facebook post over the weekend correcting messages circulating through WhatsApp and other online channels that claims the government is encouraging people to come here.

"In fact, the Government of Canada discourages people from entering Canada outside of designated ports of entry as it can be dangerous and is a violation of the law," the post reads.

It's been shared a measly 124 times. And immigration minister Ahmed Hussen, who's been near silent on the most pressing issue of his portfolio, did tweet out the link without any added comment.

But do you know whose tweet would garner way more than 124 shares? Justin Trudeau's. He's the brand. He's the megaphone. He's got the power to set the world straight.

Why doesn't he do it? What's the hold up?

Migrants have told reporters they're making the trek because they've been told Trudeau is welcoming them. The truth though, when it comes to this latest crop of arrivals originally from Haiti, is that there's a good chance they're just going to be sent back once their claims are processed. Why is Trudeau letting them enter under false pretenses largely of his own creation?

Sure, the Liberals campaigned on being open and progressive. Canadians took them up on that. But nobody, save for a handful of fringe activists, actually wants them to support open borders and sanctuary cities? Right? Please, tell me I'm right. Because, if not, we've got much bigger problems afoot.

Although right now it doesn't matter, because until Trudeau acts, Canada is already one giant sanctuary city.

Do we have any more Olympic Stadiums lying around? Because the first one's filling up fast.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/08/08/until-trudeau-acts-on-border-crisis-canada-is-basically-one-giant-sanctuary-city">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/08/08/u ... tuary-city">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/08/08/until-trudeau-acts-on-border-crisis-canada-is-basically-one-giant-sanctuary-city

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Joe is a drive by artist. VF is the perfect place for the likes of him and his bf Edward'.

Here's a good article by Anthony Furey.

QuoteWhat'll it take for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to unequivocally state that it's against the law to illegally enter Canada and that he flat out doesn't want anyone doing it?

That's what needs to be done to stem the flood of illegal migrants crossing into Canada daily from the United States. It's his problem. He started it. He's uniquely positioned to solve it.

It's an odd notion, that the sentiments and sayings of a political leader alone are enough to shift an issue. It should be more difficult, more complex. And in some respects it is. But it's a fact that Trudeau's hashtag virtue-signalling bears a huge amount of responsibility for the illegal crossings happening at the Quebec border right now.

Back in January he issued his famous #WelcometoCanada tweet that ambiguously implied everyone was welcome to come on in. "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada took to social media to restate the country's open-door policy," none other than The New York Times parlayed to readers around the world in the first sentence of a major story.

This misleading sentiment continued to be spread throughout migrant circles in the intervening months, bringing us to the current boiling point. "Migrants are being misled about Canada's immigration policy," a recent CTV News headline blares. "False information sends asylum-seeking Haitians to Canada," says The Globe & Mail.

Disturbingly, we've heard little from the actual government when it comes to correcting the record. And it's not like they've been shy in the past at correcting faulty information making its way onto the public record.

In January, the prime minister's office went out of its way to ask for a correction from Fox News Channel for one of their tweets that incorrectly identified the background of the suspect in the Quebec mosque shooting. But the PMO never wrote to The New York Times and other outlets to clarify the "open-door policy" error, which has more damaging repercussions.

The bureaucrats are clearly trying. The immigration and refugee department made a Facebook post over the weekend correcting messages circulating through WhatsApp and other online channels that claims the government is encouraging people to come here.

"In fact, the Government of Canada discourages people from entering Canada outside of designated ports of entry as it can be dangerous and is a violation of the law," the post reads.

It's been shared a measly 124 times. And immigration minister Ahmed Hussen, who's been near silent on the most pressing issue of his portfolio, did tweet out the link without any added comment.

But do you know whose tweet would garner way more than 124 shares? Justin Trudeau's. He's the brand. He's the megaphone. He's got the power to set the world straight.

Why doesn't he do it? What's the hold up?

Migrants have told reporters they're making the trek because they've been told Trudeau is welcoming them. The truth though, when it comes to this latest crop of arrivals originally from Haiti, is that there's a good chance they're just going to be sent back once their claims are processed. Why is Trudeau letting them enter under false pretenses largely of his own creation?

Sure, the Liberals campaigned on being open and progressive. Canadians took them up on that. But nobody, save for a handful of fringe activists, actually wants them to support open borders and sanctuary cities? Right? Please, tell me I'm right. Because, if not, we've got much bigger problems afoot.

Although right now it doesn't matter, because until Trudeau acts, Canada is already one giant sanctuary city.

Do we have any more Olympic Stadiums lying around? Because the first one's filling up fast.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/08/08/until-trudeau-acts-on-border-crisis-canada-is-basically-one-giant-sanctuary-city">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/08/08/u ... tuary-city">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/08/08/until-trudeau-acts-on-border-crisis-canada-is-basically-one-giant-sanctuary-city

I'm not holding my breath waiting for this sorry excuse for a pm to do what's right.