News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Guess it's time for a Hurricane/Tropical Storm Party!!!!!!

Started by kiebers, August 25, 2017, 07:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiebers

And that doesn't count the water after it left Houston. Hard to fathom that much water my friend, hard to imagine.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"And that doesn't count the water after it left Houston. Hard to fathom that much water my friend, hard to imagine.

And I hear another one is on Harvey's tail.

Harry

Army vehicle gets stuck in Houston floodwaters – then a monster truck drives up

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fleet-monster-trucks-conducts-rescues-flood-ravaged-texas/story?id=49550004">//http://abcnews.go.com/US/fleet-monster-trucks-conducts-rescues-flood-ravaged-texas/story?id=49550004

">

kiebers

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "kiebers"And that doesn't count the water after it left Houston. Hard to fathom that much water my friend, hard to imagine.

And I hear another one is on Harvey's tail.

If you mean Irma, Don't think it is going to impact the US but it's mother nature so no telling what winds up happening. Should stay to the east. It's that time of year that we get lots of things coming out of Africa. Nature of the beast....
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

Quote from: "Harry"Army vehicle gets stuck in Houston floodwaters – then a monster truck drives up

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fleet-monster-trucks-conducts-rescues-flood-ravaged-texas/story?id=49550004">//http://abcnews.go.com/US/fleet-monster-trucks-conducts-rescues-flood-ravaged-texas/story?id=49550004

Yeah I saw that...LOL There was an off road shop a few miles from my house that used everyone of their vehicles rescuing folks and coordinated over 100 volunteer boats. Not sure if that was one of their vehicles but it wouldn't surprise me.

But the Texas National Guard was here extremely fast, I saw several squads in my area working. I'm sure there will be crap said about the response but I have no complaints. They helped but we took care of ourselves and continue to do so. Rescue phase is over for the most part. In recovery mode now. We will make it. May be the biggest rodeo but not our first. We got this.

Harry

kiebers

Quote from: "Harry"Any looting?

There is always some. Can't seem to get away from that happening. Don't think it was as much as would have happened somewhere else. Before Harvey you could get 2-20 years if caught. It was announced that if you looted during Harvey it would be 5-life. Now we just have to watch for the scam artists that will inevitably show up to take advantage of the reconstruction. Those guys should get 10-life...

cc

Quote from: "kiebers" .......Now we just have to watch for the scam artists that will inevitably show up to take advantage of the reconstruction. Those guys should get 10-life...

Ya. That's always a huge after-the-storm problem. Far too much construction for local contractors to handle so a setup for scammers move in.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Harry

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Harry"Any looting?

There is always some. Can't seem to get away from that happening. Don't think it was as much as would have happened somewhere else. Before Harvey you could get 2-20 years if caught. It was announced that if you looted during Harvey it would be 5-life. Now we just have to watch for the scam artists that will inevitably show up to take advantage of the reconstruction. Those guys should get 10-life...

I agree 100%.

@realAzhyaAryola

It's easy to say because I am not in their shoes but I hope victims of this hurricane can dig deeper and feel blessed they have their lives. Material possessions can be replaced but life is precious.

What a living hell this is. Victims will suffer from the effects of this catastrophe for decades.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Harry

kiebers

Yes that evacuation was horrendous. A bus exploded and killed 23, there were heat strokes, road rage incidents. I knew there was no way to get out. Virtually impossible to evacuate a city this large. I stayed put and watched the fiasco go down. Cars were overheating, not running the A/C to save gas. Temp was 100.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Yes that evacuation was horrendous. A bus exploded and killed 23, there were heat strokes, road rage incidents. I knew there was no way to get out. Virtually impossible to evacuate a city this large. I stayed put and watched the fiasco go down. Cars were overheating, not running the A/C to save gas. Temp was 100.

I have watched a few personal stories about Harvey on CNN and I am shocked by every single one. I've never seen a hurricane this bad.

The coverage of Harvey is about the only thing on CNN I can stomach.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "kiebers"Yes that evacuation was horrendous. A bus exploded and killed 23, there were heat strokes, road rage incidents. I knew there was no way to get out. Virtually impossible to evacuate a city this large. I stayed put and watched the fiasco go down. Cars were overheating, not running the A/C to save gas. Temp was 100.

I have watched a few personal stories about Harvey on CNN and I am shocked by every single one. I've never seen a hurricane this bad.

The coverage of Harvey is about the only thing on CNN I can stomach.

I can relate. I don't watch them at all now because I feel I am wasting time. I see the coverage on Harvey elsewhere.
@realAzhyaAryola