News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Guess it's time for a Hurricane/Tropical Storm Party!!!!!!

Started by kiebers, August 25, 2017, 07:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiebers

Quote from: "JOE"
Has the hurricane brought massive destruction to the areas affected so far, kiebers?

Any fatalities?

Nothing definite has been reported yet. I am sure there will be major damage. Just have to let the storm subside before going in and checking. The eye has not made it completely on land yet.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"Do you guys end up staying up all night or do you get some sleep kiebs?

I am keeping an eye on things but will probably go to bed shortly. No wind here to speak of and light rain only.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"Do you guys end up staying up all night or do you get some sleep kiebs?

We didn't get much sleep during the 2013 flood..

We knew we could be ordered to evacuate at any time and it did happen.

I have never been through a serious weather event.  I imagine it's terrifying.

This one is not going to be bad for us here in Houston. In Rockport, well that's a whole nother animal....LOL

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"

I am keeping an eye on things but will probably go to bed shortly. No wind here to speak of and light rain only.

I hope it stays that way.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

We didn't get much sleep during the 2013 flood..

We knew we could be ordered to evacuate at any time and it did happen.

I have never been through a serious weather event.  I imagine it's terrifying.

But, there was no threat to human life at least..

We had damage to our home, but thankfully my husband could repair it all himself..

We only had to buy material.

kiebers

It is 6:45 am. just started getting some rain. Nothing major but steady rain. Had a little over an inch in the last 24 hours. So far the storm is still traveling NW and has not made a turn back to the coast. If it keeps the same track we will be safe and sound here in Houston. Too early to tell though.

GORDY GAMBINO

So ya just gonna stay put or are ya gonna go outside and shoot the enemy?

Guns ya answer to everything.

Now tonight I'd be getting ready for a big heist if I was you.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"It is 6:45 am. just started getting some rain. Nothing major but steady rain. Had a little over an inch in the last 24 hours. So far the storm is still traveling NW and has not made a turn back to the coast. If it keeps the same track we will be safe and sound here in Houston. Too early to tell though.

Do you have power kiebers?

kiebers

So far we do. Don't really expect to lose power now. But never know. Storm still traveling north. Looking good for us right now. Almost 3 inches in the last 12 hours. Some places have had 6 inches. Still expecting a lot of rain all down the coast.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"So far we do. Don't really expect to lose power now. But never know. Storm still traveling north. Looking good for us right now. Almost 3 inches in the last 12 hours. Some places have had 6 inches. Still expecting a lot of rain all down the coast.

That's a lot of rain, but it could be worse.

kiebers

lost power....sigh  going through a bad band of thunder storms. neighbors down the street still have power so hopefully we will get it back soon. I will talk to yall in the am

kiebers

Still no power. Lots of rain though. Up to 13 inches or so. Ten of them in the last 12 hours. Ain't we havin' fun.

Harry

Bunch of photos at the Daily Fail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4825124/Hurricane-Harvey-hits-Texas-130mph-winds.html">//http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4825124/Hurricane-Harvey-hits-Texas-130mph-winds.html

kiebers

We lost power for about 14 hours. Have had over 14" of rain in the last 48 hours. The way it is raining now and the way the radar looks we should hit 20-24 inches by tonight. Storm is expected to sit here for another 2-3 days. We could hit 50 inches or better before its all done. But power is on so things are good for now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"We lost power for about 14 hours. Have had over 14" of rain in the last 48 hours. The way it is raining now and the way the radar looks we should hit 20-24 inches by tonight. Storm is expected to sit here for another 2-3 days. We could hit 50 inches or better before its all done. But power is on so things are good for now.

:ohmy: