News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Guess it's time for a Hurricane/Tropical Storm Party!!!!!!

Started by kiebers, August 25, 2017, 07:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"The fund raising has been pretty awesome. One of our football stars JJ Watt started a relief fund that is up to almost 8 million now. Fully expect it to break the 10 mil goal. Lots of awesomeness going on in Texas.

Hurricane Harvey has brought out the best in people.

Very true. Up to 11.6 mil right now.

Grand daughters family got into their house. Power is on. Got about a foot of water. Already have floors ripped out and 4 feet of sheet rock from the floor up taken out. So everything is looking good for them. Could have been a lot worse.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Thats awesome to hear on the home Kiebers!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"Thats awesome to hear on the home Kiebers!

Yes it was. I was concerned. They just bought that house. Oh and the vehicles, brothers truck was behind the other vehicles and he got a little water in it but nothing more than wet floors. The other 2 had no water at all. Her an her mom both have a Durango so they are a little higher than cars. That was a big relief. School opening was postponed but they start next week. On the road to recovery. Going to be a long ride for Texas.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

I'd help if I could, Virginians and Texans are like brothers, closest in similarities Southern wise lol. I'll just keep y'all in thought  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Blazor"Thats awesome to hear on the home Kiebers!

Yes it was. I was concerned. They just bought that house. Oh and the vehicles, brothers truck was behind the other vehicles and he got a little water in it but nothing more than wet floors. The other 2 had no water at all. Her an her mom both have a Durango so they are a little higher than cars. That was a big relief. School opening was postponed but they start next week. On the road to recovery. Going to be a long ride for Texas.

It's beginning to turn the corner kiebers.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

cc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4842896/Satellite-images-taken-months-apart-flooding-Texas.html">Here's some Before & After satellite shots to put the areas of devastation into perspective

You can sweep across images to see before and after

The powerful general attitude of Texans is remarkable .. . but not a surprise
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4842896/Satellite-images-taken-months-apart-flooding-Texas.html">Here's some Before & After satellite shots to put the areas of devastation into perspective

You can sweep across images to see before and after

The powerful general attitude of Texans is remarkable .. . but not a surprise

Oh my goodness kiebers..

:ohmy:

How are you and your family holding up my friend?

kiebers

Doing good. Thankful we stayed high and dry and high....LOLOLOLOL

This is a pic taken Thurs afternoon of grand daughters front yard. A lot of the stuff that was torn out of the house is getting piled up. She told me she would take a pic in the morning and send it to me because the pile was much bigger now....

https://i.imgur.com/GHL0KUs.jpg?1">

They had a small "awww" moment with a rabbit in the back yard. LOL

https://i.imgur.com/d4hoDvv.jpg?3">

Blazor

Lol, bunny!!!!

And I see clear skies!

Dont know if you saw the "request" in my thread yet  :laugh:

Harry

Quote from: "kiebers"Just to give you a little more perspective....Something around 15 trillion gallons of water was dropped on Houston. We still had a day of rain left when they said enough water was dropped to run Niagara Falls for 15 days. I imagine a few days could be added to that now
That's mind-blowing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Doing good. Thankful we stayed high and dry and high....LOLOLOLOL

This is a pic taken Thurs afternoon of grand daughters front yard. A lot of the stuff that was torn out of the house is getting piled up. She told me she would take a pic in the morning and send it to me because the pile was much bigger now....

https://i.imgur.com/GHL0KUs.jpg?1">

They had a small "awww" moment with a rabbit in the back yard. LOL

https://i.imgur.com/d4hoDvv.jpg?3">

Is your son or daughters house salvageable kiebers?

Our basement needed a lot of work after the Southern Alberta flood..

Thankfully my husband could do all the work himself.

kiebers

Quote from: "Harry"
Quote from: "kiebers"Just to give you a little more perspective....Something around 15 trillion gallons of water was dropped on Houston. We still had a day of rain left when they said enough water was dropped to run Niagara Falls for 15 days. I imagine a few days could be added to that now
That's mind-blowing.

IKR!!!!  I think it went up to 19 trillion gallons of water.

kiebers

It is definitely salvageable. It's a fair sized house so there will be a lot of flooring and sheet rock to replace. Just about all the down stairs furniture is ruined. But they really came out of it a lot better than we thought.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

It is definitely salvageable. It's a fair sized house so there will be a lot of flooring and sheet rock to replace. Just about all the down stairs furniture is ruined. But they really came out of it a lot better than we thought.

That's good I suppose.

Harry

Just to put things in perspective, 19 trillion US gallons of water is 72 trillion litres.

Sydney,  a city of 4.4m, consumes about 520 billion litres of water per year for all purposes - residential, commercial, and industrial.

So Harvey dumped 38 years worth of Sydney's annual water consumption.

:shock: