Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

'World's number 1 anti-vaxxer' Kent Heckenlively denied entry to Australia

Started by Harry, August 31, 2017, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Seeing as there's been a little bit of mumbling about free spech on the forums...

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/worlds-number-1-antivaxxer-kent-heckenlively-denied-entry-to-australia-20170831-gy7u82.html">//http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/worlds-number-1-antivaxxer-kent-heckenlively-denied-entry-to-australia-20170831-gy7u82.html

QuoteThe self-proclaimed "world's number one anti-vaxxer" has been denied permission to visit Australia.

Immigration Minister Peter Dutton said on Thursday Kent Heckenlively​ would not be able to tour Australia later this year as part of an international campaign calling for a pause in childhood vaccinations.

The government has denied Kent Hickenlively a visa because of his controversial views.

"We're not going to allow him to come here," Mr Dutton told Sydney radio station 2GB.

"These people who are telling parents that their kids shouldn't be vaccinated are dangerous. We have been very careful in having a look right through this particular case and it's clear to me that it's not in our national interest that he should come here."

Mr Heckenlively, who lives in northern California, contributes to a website that claims autism is "an environmentally induced illness, that it is treatable, and that children can recover".

He also has links to Andrew Wakefield, the disgraced former doctor whose debunked study was central to the anti-vaccination movement and has since gone on to make the film Vaxxed.

​The film has been banned by several film festivals but has been shown in secret locations around Australia.

Immigration officials recently banned British campaigner Polly Tommey​ and US campaigner Suzanne Humphries from entering the country for three years after the pair toured Australia with Vaxxed, which alleges there is a link between the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine and autism.

The opposition had written to Mr Dutton requesting Mr Heckenlively's application for a visa be denied.

"Dangerous misinformation peddled by anti-vaccination proponents should never take the place of proven, scientific advice, and we have a responsibility to make sure parents are getting the right messages," the opposition's health spokeswoman, Catherine King, said on Thursday.

"The fight against vaccination misinformation is continuous - earlier this month, we saw two anti-vaccination advocates tour the country and show a film that wrongly claims a link between the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine and autism. While our immunisation program has historically been effective, there is growing evidence that anti-vaccination advocates and their political allies like Pauline Hanson and One Nation are now undermining our success - as shown by the doubling of measles cases between 2013 and 2014."

RW

We really need to get over this notion that any piece of shit with an opinion is entitled to an audience.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"We really need to get over this notion that any piece of shit with an opinion is entitled to an audience.

It seems we're already there..

I guess Jenny McCarthy shouldn't make any plans to visit Australia.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"We really need to get over this notion that any piece of shit with an opinion is entitled to an audience.

You should buy your own island and only issue visas to people you personally feel are worthy of talking. Your problem with a marketplace of ideas would be solved. Perhaps invite a few antifa thugs to govern with you. They could even take off their disguises. It would be win-win for you and us.

RW

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

You should buy your own island and only issue visas to people you personally feel are worthy of talking. Your problem with a marketplace of ideas would be solved. Perhaps invite a few antifa thugs to govern with you. They could even take off their disguises. It would be win-win for you and us.

Do you ever get tired of saying heinously ignorant shit?

I support a country telling a snake oil salesman that could affect the health of many to fuck off.  WTF is wrong with you that you think any asshole who is pimping medical lies that could KILL PEOPLE should be welcomed into our (or any other) country?

You see IHJ, I'm smart enough to know guys like this are full of shit but there are so many dumb fucks out there who will believe it.  The risk to public safety isn't worth it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

It seems we're already there..

I guess Jenny McCarthy shouldn't make any plans to visit Australia.

She's changed her tune eh.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey".... You should buy your own island

and only issue visas to people you personally feel are worthy of talking. .....

Hilarious that you mention that.

I thought I heard she already did EXACTLY that.

Misses us. Keeps rowing back to be with us baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad "bigots"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Yes I did and it's fucking awesome!

But you see, I can post on multiple boards with ease so you're stuck with me. :D

Keep up the good work though.  Your blog is fascinating, even if it doesn't generate much comment.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Seems she has always confused her multitude of words and posts with "discussion"

And has always confused adding last post as proving something

So long as it keeps her off the streets, all is good

RW

Why are you talking to me in the 3rd person?

I say things.  People reply.  Threads grow.

You say things and people sadly nod and threads don't grow.  It's called an echo chamber.  

Try socializing.  It's fun.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "cc"Seems she has always confused her multitude of words and posts with "discussion"

And has always confused adding last post as proving something

So long as it keeps her off the streets, all is good

PS - I haven't prostituted since college thank you very much.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Good I looked @ that one & can put you straight.

Keeping someone "off the streets" is a very common non-explicate expression as in "keeping out of trouble" ... I often use both of them in referring to myself in fact ... Get over yourself

Your mis-perception of what people not of your persuasion say   is one reason I read few if any of your posts. I find it  frustrating (and FAR from "discussion") to always be misquoted and to see what other good folk  say being misrepresented ... often, very often followed by insults. The constant insults to so many is reason alone to avoid you.

Other than all those, it's all good

In the text you quoted, I was continuing to speak to IH   ... and not to you. Clear now? Get over yourself

We are straight now. I won't be viewing any other of your  multiple sequential self-aggrandising  posts, so relax ... make a post (or 5) .. . and think you proved something. .. 1 . ..2 ...

RW

Quote from: "cc"Good I looked @ that one & can put you straight.

Keeping someone "off the streets" is a very common non-explicate expression as in "keeping out of trouble" ... I often use both of them in referring to myself in fact ... Get over yourself

Your mis-perception of what people not of your persuasion say   is one reason I read few if any of your posts. I find it  frustrating (and FAR from "discussion") to always be misquoted and to see what other good folk  say being misrepresented ... often, very often followed by insults. The constant insults to so many is reason alone to avoid you.

Other than all those, it's all good

In the text you quoted, I was continuing to speak to IH   ... and not to you. Clear now? Get over yourself

We are straight now. I won't be viewing any other of your  multiple sequential self-aggrandising  posts, so relax ... make a post (or 5) .. . and think you proved something. .. 1 . ..2 ...

Are all Australians crazy gaslighters?

cc, you are under the misconception that I give a fuck what you think about what I post.  

I don't.  

:D
Beware of Gaslighters!

Harry

cc - are you Australian or Canadian, or an Australian expat in Canada?

cc

Born Oz,  .. Woolongong to be precise ...  came over young, citizen here now ... "reluctant" citizen  :wink: