News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Does the USA need more Unskilled migrants?

Started by JOE, September 06, 2017, 08:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

...according to this writer, YES:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/business/economy/immigrants-skills-economy-jobs.html?mcubz=0">https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/busi ... ml?mcubz=0">https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/business/economy/immigrants-skills-economy-jobs.html?mcubz=0

QuoteLet's just say it plainly: The United States needs more low-skilled immigrants.

You might consider, for starters, the enormous demand for low-skilled workers, which could well go unmet as the baby boom generation ages out of the labor force, eroding the labor supply. Eight of the 15 occupations expected to experience the fastest growth between 2014 and 2024 — personal care and home health aides, food preparation workers, janitors and the like — require no schooling at all.

"Ten years from now, there are going to be lots of older people with relatively few low-skilled workers to change their bedpans," said David Card, a professor of economics at the University of California, Berkeley. "That is going to be a huge problem."

But the argument for low-skilled immigration is not just about filling an employment hole. The millions of immigrants of little skill who swept into the work force in the 25 years up to the onset of the Great Recession — the men washing dishes in the back of the restaurant, the women emptying the trash bins in office buildings — have largely improved the lives of Americans.

Contrary to what Trump has suggested, he believes that the unskilled migrant actually helps the English speaking American worker and boosts their wages and standing in society.

I don't really agree with the writer's premise, tho.

He might have a point that there should be a non-immigrant visa class for these types.

In a perfect world, it might work.

But of course in the real one, people/migrants stampede their way into countries like the United States, often without going through the legal channels and drain resources away from those who are American born.

It's possible to  have CONTROLED immigration, but uncontrolled seems akin to a lawn which grows over, is never mowed and becomes a mess.

Angry White Male

Joe, read the fucking news man!

EVERY nation needs LESS White people, and more immigrants!

It doesn't matter if these immigrants rape and kill...  that's just what they do...

They are NOT WHITE!  And that's the ONLY important thing!

JOE

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Joe, read the fucking news man!

It doesn't matter if these immigrants rape and kill...  that's just what they do...

Well, the writer of the article is Hispanic, so I understand where and why his sympathies would lie.

Didn't really agree with him, but t agree with a temporary unskilled labor class visa.

Many countries have them, including Canada.

Europe too.

I think Canada, they're good for 2 years or so.

I know many of the Macdonald's restaurants are staffed by these temporary workers.

So, if regulated, it can work.

I just don't think any nation owes them permanent residency or citizenship.

USA, perhaps Canada too, should get rid of automatic citizenship by birthright.

If temporary visas are granted, they should take citizenship birthing away from them, because there's too much abuse of it.

Too many people illegally enter the US, give birth to children then expect and get citizenship conferred onto them.

I stated in another thread that the US should grant citizenship in exchange for military service.

However, that post got removed. Why, I'm not sure.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Joe, read the fucking news man!

Well, the writer of the article is Hispanic, so I understand where and why his sympathies would lie.

Didn't really agree with him, but t agree with a temporary unskilled labor class visa.

Many countries have them, including Canada.

Europe too.

I think Canada, they're good for 2 years or so.

I know many of the Macdonald's restaurants are staffed by these temporary workers.

So, if regulated, it can work.

I just don't think any nation owes them permanent residency or citizenship.

USA, perhaps Canada too, should get rid of automatic citizenship by birthright.

If temporary visas are granted, they should take that away from them, because there's too much abuse.

Too many people illegally enter the US, give birth to children then expect and get citizenship conferred onto them.

I stated in another thread that the US should grant citizenship in exchange for military service.

However, that post got removed. Why, I'm not sure.

It wasn't removed JOE, it was sent to the appropriate sub.

Harry

Quote from: "JOE"Well, I thought it quite relevant, because the topic of the thread was what to do with the DACA individuals, or 'the Dreamers'. I just suggested that to gain eligibility for permanent residence or citizenship, they should have to pay their dues. And that military service seems like a logical choice.

Anyways, this nothing new, as it's been going on for decades.

That's a separate thread.

Wazzzup

I would like to propose a solution make it so the "dreamers" are never able to vote.

After all that is the real goal, the infusion of nearly a million solid democat votes.

Bill Clinton never suggested amnesty for children of illegals, and he enforced immigration laws, somcalled sanctuary cities and states did not exist.  It just goes to show how extreme the left (and even many republicans) have become, they are all to the left of Bill Clinton's policies while in office.  

America is being pushed radically to the left, will there ever be a limit? or will it keep moving left until it resembles a Cuba-like country? (or worse).  that's what I  predict is going to happen. I hope I am wrong.

Harry

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I would like to propose that the "dreamers" are never able to vote.

After all that is the real goal, the infusion of 800,000 solid democat votes.

Bill Clinton never suggested amnesty for children of illegals, and he enforced immigration laws.  It just goes to show how extreme the left (and even many republicans) have become, they are all to the left of Bill Clinton's policies while in office.  

America is being pushed radically to the left, will there ever be a limit? or will it keep moving left until it resembles a Cuba-like country? (or worse).  that's what I  predict is going to happen. I hope I am wrong.

More right wing nutjob hysteria-babble.

The US is a long, long way from ever being anything like Cuba.  There are a lot of places in between on the left-right spectrum - including pretty much every other Western country on the planet, for starters.

You guys are pretty on your own out on the end of your right-wing limb.

GORDY GAMBINO

Joe is that unskilled he puts window licker on his resume

and drive the hosties in a limo oh fuck yeah do it Joe do it

you fucking lying bullshitting cunt
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Harry"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"I would like to propose that the "dreamers" are never able to vote.

After all that is the real goal, the infusion of 800,000 solid democat votes.

Bill Clinton never suggested amnesty for children of illegals, and he enforced immigration laws.  It just goes to show how extreme the left (and even many republicans) have become, they are all to the left of Bill Clinton's policies while in office.  

More right wing nutjob hysteria-babble.

The US is a long, long way from ever being anything like Cuba.  There are a lot of places in between on the left-right spectrum - including pretty much every other Western country on the planet, for starters.

You guys are pretty on your own out on the end of your right-wing limb.

With due respect, I think I know more about what is going on here than you do.

But yeah, there's no fear of going too far left.  Its like being too handsome or too wonderful. Right?  No danger in it at all.

More right wing nutjob hysteria--

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Book-Communism-Crimes-Repression/dp/0674076087">https://www.amazon.com/Black-Book-Commu ... 0674076087">https://www.amazon.com/Black-Book-Communism-Crimes-Repression/dp/0674076087

Harry

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Harry"JOE, like I said, I was responding to your clause that said "because the topic of the thread was what to do with the DACA individuals, or 'the Dreamers' ".  If you hadn't said that, I wouldn't have bothered responding.  Maybe I'm being over-pedantic, in which case I apologize.

It's not the topic of this thread.  But as I said, I don't care where you post.

I stand by what I said, and I actually agree with the substance of your posts on this issue.

Well Harry, I actually tried to keep my posts there on the topic you had discussed & the thread you started.

But for some reason, a Moderator thought they had nothing to do with your topic.

So I can't post even post in your thread without them being interfered with.

This I have no control over. Plus I'm banned from posting in the political forum or the terrorism/extremism one too.

But I'm not the first one who's gotten pushed out of these forums/threads as others left because they were banned from mostly everything.

No big deal.  I've only been doing this forum stuff a little while, and I've already developed a tendency to go way off topic.

This thread could probably do with some Nancy Pelosi pics.  :yahoo:

Wazzzup

Back on topic

Illegal immigrants lower wages, raise unemployment, cost huge amounts in health care,  taxes to pay for their children to go to school (10,000 per child), and prisons for when they don't obey the law (1/4 of all federal prisoners are illegals).  and other costs.  Not a good deal

Deportation costs an estimated 1/6 as much as keeping them here.

This thread could probably do with some Nancy Pelosi pics.  :yahoo:
Please God Noooo!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/a9/a99176f17f98d40c567bce80a2707a2090dddb5e93468bca673bcc1b69c4ecf8.jpg">

Harry

Quote from: "JOE"USA, perhaps Canada too, should get rid of automatic citizenship by birthright.
I'm surprised that this is still permitted in your countries.

The situation down here is that automatic citizenship on a new-born only happens if at least one of the parents is a citizen, otherwise the baby inherits the same visa status as the parents.  If neither of the parents is a citizen, the baby isn't either.

Harry

There are still holes in our system though.

We currently have about 64,000 illegals, mainly from south-east Asia.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/australia-immigration-stats-64000-living-illegally/news-story/1110a85f68e6483f8149f0e4fb8914f2">//http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/australia-immigration-stats-64000-living-illegally/news-story/1110a85f68e6483f8149f0e4fb8914f2

Buggered if I know how the US can end up with 11 million.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "JOE"USA, perhaps Canada too, should get rid of automatic citizenship by birthright.
I'm surprised that this is still permitted in your countries.

The situation down here is that automatic citizenship on a new-born only happens if at least one of the parents is a citizen, otherwise the baby inherits the same visa status as the parents.  If neither of the parents is a citizen, the baby isn't either.

Birthright citizenship in the US should be done away with.  between 350,000 and 400,000 children are born in america each year to illegal alien mothers. People should not be able to become citizens because their parent enganged in an illegal activity. (same goes for the DACA)

Buggered if I know how the US can end up with 11 million.

Because Mexico isn't a fun place to live, we have a porous nearly open border, and for most of the Obama years immigration laws were not enforced because Obama didn't want them to be.