News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7564
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:29:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

Real Woman, since you are so pro-multiculturalism...

Started by Angry White Male, September 05, 2017, 10:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Harry"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"1978?

You're joking, right?

Yes, the modernizing industrial and agricultural reforms only began in 1978 under the late paramount leader Deng Xiao Ping.

You didn't know that?

It's not quite that straightforward.

Google "the Great Divergence".  

Historically, until the 18th century, China has been up there with the rest of them, but it missed the industrial revolution.  There were a whole range of reasons for this, economic, political, cultural, and other.

Fashionista is referring to "the Four Modernizations".  Zhou Enlai first drafted the principles of this in the early 1960s, but Mao's Cultural Revolution got in the way.  As Fashionista says. it finally got underway in 1978.

Fash doesn't need a lesson on Chinese history from you. She is well aware of the century  of humiliation with bullshit like the unequal treaties and the second opium war. She also knows China has been a leader in trade, science and innovation before that.

The fact is China embraced Neo Luddism under Mao's reign of terror.The race back  to modernity didn't begin until 1978. The following year saw reforms of the legal system and in late 1980 the Gang of Four were put on  trial.

Hua Guofeng wasn't as successful at bringing about reform as the pragmatic Deng.

Harry

Quote from: "Shen Li"Fash doesn't need a lesson on Chinese history from you. She is well aware of the century of humiliation with bullshit like the unequal treaties and the second opium war. She also knows China has been a leader in trade, science and innovation before that.

The fact is China embraced Neo Luddism under Mao's reign of terror.The race back to modernity didn't begin until 1978. The following year saw reforms of the legal system and in late 1980 the Gang of Four were put on trial.

I wasn't giving Fash a lesson.  She obviously knows about this stuff.

It was for AGM's benefit, pointing out that China's period of technological backwardness was a short time in the overall scheme of things.

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"Any bus carrying industrial workers at the end of their shift probably has an odour.

I considered heading to Alberta during the Oil boom transporting workers by bus, but by the time I got around to applying oil went bust and the jobs fled as well.

So there weren't any to transport.

Missed my chance.

Oh well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Any bus carrying industrial workers at the end of their shift probably has an odour.

I considered heading to Alberta during the Oil boom transporting workers by bus, but by the time I got around to applying oil went bust and the jobs fled as well.

Missed my chance.

Oh well.

But, you would have to quit your pretend limo driving job.

Anonymous

Missed my chance.

Oh well.

The upstream oilpatch doesn't have buses transporting crews. Diversified and Golden Arrow however, transport contruction workers to plant turnarounds and  new industrial  projects North of Fort McMurray and Fort Saskatchewan that were approved years. Turnarounds are mandated by  government and not subject to boom -bust cycles.

You really need to do some research before you make up cheesy stories.

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"It's hilarious when Shen bites into a troll's juicy nut.

I find it hilarious you would think Shen is going for obvious troll bait..

She's probably having more fun than JOE is.

:laugh:

Blurt

Quote from: "Fashionista"She's probably having more fun than JOE is.

Yes, because this is totally side-splitting: The upstream oilpatch doesn't have buses transporting crews. Diversified and Golden Arrow however, transport contruction workers to plant turnarounds and new industrial projects North of Fort McMurray and Fort Saskatchewan that were approved years. Turnarounds are mandated by government and not subject to boom -bust cycles.

She sounds like a female version of Mel; she talks like a White person with a skinny ass.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"

Yes, because this is totally side-splitting: The upstream oilpatch doesn't have buses transporting crews. Diversified and Golden Arrow however, transport contruction workers to plant turnarounds and new industrial projects North of Fort McMurray and Fort Saskatchewan that were approved years. Turnarounds are mandated by government and not subject to boom -bust cycles.

She sounds like a female version of Mel; she talks like a White person with a skinny ass.

In other words, she's trolling like JOE himself..

Very observant.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blurt"

In other words, she's trolling like JOE himself..

Very observant.

Old Blurt is being trolled by a troll who's trolling a troll.

Score:

Troills 2

Old Blurt 0

JOE

Missed my chance.

Oh well.

The upstream oilpatch doesn't have buses transporting crews. Diversified and Golden Arrow however, transport contruction workers to plant turnarounds and  new industrial  projects North of Fort McMurray and Fort Saskatchewan that were approved years. Turnarounds are mandated by  government and not subject to boom -bust cycles.

You really need to do some research before you make up cheesy stories.

Well Shen, I knew someone who went there. She made bundles of money, and she knew every single work location around Fort McMurray and the Peace River region where the company contracted its services to.

Same time, she said her typical day was waking up at 2:30 3:00 am in the morning driving workers to the oil patch.. Ugh. I have a hard enough time waking up at 5 am.

The other thing was, she had health problems, diabetes and she was at least 25-30 lbs overweight. Probably more.

That kind of work takes its toll on the body.

A person gets paid for that kinda work, but they also pay the price, ifya know what I mean.

Plus waking up to -50 below must be hard.

However, she did have one perk - which was getting flown out of there every couple of weeks if she wanted.

Anonymous

Well Shen, I knew someone who went there. She made bundles of money, and she knew every single work location around Fort McMurray and the Peace River region where the company contracted its services to.

Same time, she said her typical day was waking up at 2:30 3:00 am in the morning driving workers to the oil patch.. Ugh. I have a hard enough time waking up at 5 am.

The other thing was, she had health problems, diabetes and she was at least 25-30 lbs overweight. Probably more.

A person gets paid for that kinda work, but they also pay the price, ifya know what I mean.

However, she did have one perk - which was getting flown out of there every couple of weeks if she wanted.

Yeah, sure you  do and sure she did. ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Yeah, sure you  do and sure she did. ac_biggrin

JOE and Odinson try hard to get our attention.

Blazor

Quote from: "RW"No!  Blazor said I didn't have to.  ac_sothere

With this I will agree  :laugh:

Happy Friday!   :Ghelyon:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blurt

Quote from: "Fashionista"In other words, she's trolling like JOE himself..

Very observant.

Give it up, Fash. You suck at this.  :001_rolleyes:

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9xXjhXnzxM
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview