The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Question for Fash...

Started by Angry White Male, September 09, 2017, 09:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Mainland Chinese cannot move to  HK unless they get a special visa from the SAR.

Shit!

You guys really keep those bums out!

Hey, I am one of those bums. :mad:

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Shen Li"Hey, I am one of those bums. :mad:

Too funny, you Chinese!

It must work, Shen...  You know how I know?  I live and work in the number one destination for Hongers...

The amount of money they can throw around here, is staggering...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Hey, I am one of those bums. :mad:

Too funny, you Chinese!

It must work, Shen...  You know how I know?  I live and work in the number one destination for Hongers...

The amount of money they can throw around here, is staggering...

Wealthy mainland Chinese are desperately looking for places to park their money. HK and Singapore are preferred destinations. After that it's Vancouver, Toronto, Sydney, Auckland and Melbourne. Not a lot of faith in the mainland's future.

Anonymous

Wealthy mainlanders do not have much faith in the Chinese stock market or real estate..

It makes me wonder if Chinese economic growth will come crashing down.

Harry

One thing I've noticed whenever I've had to use the restroom in an office building with mainland Chinese businesses is that their staff can't seem to come to grips with basic toilet hygiene.

They rarely, if ever, flush.  I've seen footprints on the toilet seat, turds in urinals, and far more piss on the floors than could ever be attributed to the occasional miss.

What's really perplexing is that whilst they don't flush, you never see toilet paper in the bowl, just the remnants of their passing.

I don't recall ever seeing one wash his hands on the way out, either.

It's not a general Asian thing.  Hong Kong Chinese, Vietnamese, Malaysians don't seem to have a problem with this stuff - just the Chinese mainlanders.

It's a sign of deeper cultural differences, I guess.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Harry"One thing I've noticed whenever I've had to use the restroom in an office building with mainland Chinese businesses is that their staff can't seem to come to grips with basic toilet hygiene.

They rarely, if ever, flush.  I've seen footprints on the toilet seat, turds in urinals, and far more piss on the floors than could ever be attributed to the occasional miss.

What's really perplexing is that whilst they don't flush, you never see toilet paper in the bowl, just the remnants of their passing.

It's not a general Asian thing.  Hong Kong Chinese, Vietnamese, Malaysians don't seem to have a problem with this stuff - just the Chinese mainlanders.

I've seen that in gas station rest rooms. And it wasn't Chinese who were the culprits.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Harry"One thing I've noticed whenever I've had to use the restroom in an office building with mainland Chinese businesses is that their staff can't seem to come to grips with basic toilet hygiene.

Mainlanders have a ways to go yet with high gene, but those are some really extreme examples..

Mainlanders who immigrate are educated professionals and likely wouldn't do this in China let alone Australia.

cc

Quote... a ways to go yet with "high gene"
 Oh my. :laugh:

Shen would know best, but seems a lot of people here in town are not necessarily well educated. Lots of young adults with filthy rich parents bought a condo etc. and got them here

From what we saw doing "business" in Quing Dao area, there is great corruption and people of position be it even the top cop of an area .. the Commander of a military base etc. etc. were filthy rich from doing what we would consider very bad things.  It was quite an experience .. all we saw was corruption and even intimidation at every level.

We felt afraid to not go along with them. We were so concerned that we even decided  to pretend to play along with the ludicrous and phoney "business" deal they had in mind using our US company until we got back home  .. formal signing ceremonies ... a party to end all parties in our honor before leaving etc.  We found ourselves playing in a league we were not accustomed to and had no idea of until we got there and their plans for the use of our US corporation evolved.

Was formally introduced by the local police chief to the .. and I quote his words via our translator .. "Local Mafia Chieftain" .. (lol now that we are back here)

Back to where I started,  investment of funds here is an easy way in.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote... a ways to go yet with "high gene"
 Oh my. :laugh:

Shen would know best, but seems a lot of people here in town are not necessarily well educated. Lots of young adults with filthy rich parents bought a condo etc. and got them here

From what we saw doing "business" in Quing Dao area, there is great corruption and people of position be it even the top cop of an area .. the Commander of a military base etc. etc. were filthy rich from doing what we would consider very bad things.  It was quite an experience .. all we saw was corruption and even intimidation at every level.

We felt afraid to not go along with them. We were so concerned that we even decided  to pretend to play along with the ludicrous and phoney "business" deal they had in mind using our US company until we got back home  .. formal signing ceremonies ... a party to end all parties in our honor before leaving etc.  We found ourselves playing in a league we were not accustomed to and had no idea of until we got there and their plans for the use of our US corporation evolved.

Was formally introduced by the local police chief to the .. and I quote his words via our translator .. "Local Mafia Chieftain" .. (lol now that we are back here)

Back to where I started,  investment of funds here is an easy way in.

How long ago was that cc? I thought they cracked on corrupt business practices. But, China is a huge country and corruption runs deep.

cc

about 13 years ago

Been back since but only for Conferences, NOT to do business

cc

It was a clown show ... funny now that we are not there. "The Villagers" who had their land just taken / stolen from them for the development we were to work on burned 12 D9 Cat Dozers the night before our big meeting. We saw the smoke of them still simmering on our way to the lunch. Lunch was in the military compound nearby and where our wannabe partners rented office space (always paid by cash to the base commander directly).

5 guards with AKs at the gate pointed at 45 degrees, not pointed down ... a new thing for us and a bit scary

At the all afternoon lunch put on especially for us the "Mafia Chieftain", a few drinks in his belly got up to tell his story ... drifted into what the villagers had just done to his equipment, broke down in tears ... REAL tears  running down onto his shirt and the Chief of Police had to hold him and console him.

The whole deal was like Alice in Wonderland except we were on a bloody Chinese military base ... and leading a sheltered life, we had never seen a Mafia Chieftain cry before, lol

Blurt

Where are Guyver and his dad?
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Harry"I've seen footprints on the toilet seat

I have seen this also, in a Chinese warehouse here in Vancouver.

I had large coffee, and had to take a major piss at my pickup back then...

Dirty toilet, with footprints on the seat.  Luckily I just had to take a piss...

The Chinks that worked there were clearly fresh off the boat.  Canada has no limit on fresh off the boat chinks and East Indians that can immigrate here, as Canada is all for diversity!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"It was a clown show ... funny now that we are not there. "The Villagers" who had their land just taken / stolen from them for the development we were to work on burned 12 D9 Cat Dozers the night before our big meeting. We saw the smoke of them still simmering on our way to the lunch. Lunch was in the military compound nearby and where our wannabe partners rented office space (always paid by cash to the base commander directly).

5 guards with AKs at the gate pointed at 45 degrees, not pointed down ... a new thing for us and a bit scary

At the all afternoon lunch put on especially for us the "Mafia Chieftain", a few drinks in his belly got up to tell his story ... drifted into what the villagers had just done to his equipment, broke down in tears ... REAL tears  running down onto his shirt and the Chief of Police had to hold him and console him.

The whole deal was like Alice in Wonderland except we were on a bloody Chinese military base ... and leading a sheltered life, we had never seen a Mafia Chieftain cry before, lol

I knew you weren't talking about Shanghai. Rural China is still backwards for the most part.