Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

2017-2018 Hockey Season

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, September 23, 2017, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

He said he might hang up his skates now but I really don't' know.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"He said he might hang up his skates now but I really don't' know.

Work and girlfriends are probably his priorities now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"He said he might hang up his skates now but I really don't' know.

I believe you said he was a forward Azhya?

@realAzhyaAryola

He can be a left winger or a right winger but he shoots right. He can be a center too. He has been a captain also. While he played high school hockey, he was always among the scoring leaders. That is just for the playing schools here in our region. He'd be mentioned in the local paper in the high school sports section. Made me so proud. One time, one high school that was about one hour away recruited him to play for them. The coach knocked on our door one evening and asked if he could come in and explain why he was visiting. He was also recruited by the best high school in our county to join their team. He was so honored. His Senior year with them was so much fun! High school hockey is a lot of fun because the students come out to cheer. Amateur league games were different because the fans watching are mostly the family members of the players so its not like a professional game where people pay to watch. The crowd is therefore smaller. However, at tournaments, that's when the crowds are larger. His nickname was Speed Demon and I was always asked how he got his speed. I don't know. Haha!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"He can be a left winger or a right winger but he shoots right. He can be a center too. He has been a captain also. While he played high school hockey, he was always among the scoring leaders. That is just for the playing schools here in our region. He'd be mentioned in the local paper in the high school sports section. Made me so proud. One time, one high school that was about one hour away recruited him to play for them. The coach knocked on our door one evening and asked if he could come in and explain why he was visiting. He was also recruited by the best high school in our county to join their team. He was so honored. His Senior year with them was so much fun! High school hockey is a lot of fun because the students come out to cheer. Amateur league games were different because the fans watching are mostly the family members of the players so its not like a professional game where people pay to watch. The crowd is therefore smaller. However, at tournaments, that's when the crowds are larger. His nickname was Speed Demon and I was always asked how he got his speed. I don't know. Haha!

He sounds like a naturally gifted hockey player Azhya.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

@realAzhyaAryola

Thanks, Fash. I agree. He played soccer first, then basketball, then baseball but once he got on the ice, he found the spotlight. He was really into hockey that he had no time to try football. He would not have made it anyway. He is not a huge guy. He has a small frame but fast, fit, and strong.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Thanks, Fash. I agree. He played soccer first, then basketball, then baseball but once he got on the ice, he found the spotlight. He was really into hockey that he had no time to try football. He would not have made it anyway. He is not a huge guy. He has a small frame but fast, fit, and strong.

It's hard for a smaller player to make the NHL..

My son plays soccer..

We're happy with that because it's cheaper than hockey.

@realAzhyaAryola

Oh he wasn't going to the NHL, Fash. He was good but not that good. The competition in hockey is fierce. There's a lot of tiers too, A, AA, AAA.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Oh he wasn't going to the NHL, Fash. He was good but not that good. The competition in hockey is fierce. There's a lot of tiers too, A, AA, AAA.

I know that from other couples we know who have their sons in hockey.

@realAzhyaAryola

More than one son might be a little too much, yes. They both played hockey one season but the youngest did not want to pursue it after one season. He said it was not for him.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"More than one son might be a little too much, yes. They both played hockey one season but the youngest did not want to pursue it after one season. He said it was not for him.

Did any other sport interest him?

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Fash, my son was just like other normal boys who tried different types of sports but once he tried ice hockey, it just took off. He discovered his passion and he tasted success in it which he did not have in the other sports. It all started from getting roller blades and playing street hockey and I was the goalie. Thankfully, he was not shooting a puck at me but plastic balls instead. Haha!
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Over here, Fash, we have Play It Again Sports stores. They buy, sell, trade sports equipment and you can usually find stuff for much less than their prices elsewhere.

The closest to you is in BC. Here it is: http://www.playitagainsportskelowna.com/">http://www.playitagainsportskelowna.com/
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Over here, Fash, we have Play It Again Sports stores. They buy, sell, trade sports equipment and you can usually find stuff for much less than their prices elsewhere.

The closest to you is in BC. Here it is: http://www.playitagainsportskelowna.com/">http://www.playitagainsportskelowna.com/

It's second hand I assume.