News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Happy Friday! What does Friday mean to you?

Started by Superchecker, October 27, 2017, 05:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Good morning! Just waking up here. I try to enjoy Fri-Sat off most weeks. So, Friday is my chores day.

Try to sleep in an extra hour or so; drive the Mrs to work; do some banking, laundry, vacuuming, take out the garbage and recycling, grocery shopping, liquor store run, maybe get caught up on some shows I've recorded, and then make, or pick up, dinner... Occasionally lunch out with an old buddy or friend.

What does Friday mean to you?

I farm from April to November. December to the end of March I'm supervising oilwell drilling and servicing operations.

Friday holds no significance for me at anytime of the year.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Superchecker"Good morning! Just waking up here. I try to enjoy Fri-Sat off most weeks. So, Friday is my chores day.

Try to sleep in an extra hour or so; drive the Mrs to work; do some banking, laundry, vacuuming, take out the garbage and recycling, grocery shopping, liquor store run, maybe get caught up on some shows I've recorded, and then make, or pick up, dinner... Occasionally lunch out with an old buddy or friend.

What does Friday mean to you?

I farm from April to November. December to the end of March I'm supervising oilwell drilling and servicing operations.

Friday holds no significance for me at anytime of the year.

Both jobs have unconventional hours....much like cc's business.

cc

And don't get me wrong. We do not work a large number of hours, it's just that we work when it is needed, so it's all good.

I suspect Herm works quite long hours
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"And don't get me wrong. We do not work a large number of hours, it's just that we work when it is needed, so it's all good.

I suspect Herm works quite long hours

I suspect Herman does too..

When my husband used to do field service and installation jobs on rigs he worked odd and long hours.

Anonymous

I don't think I could adjust to a nine to five schedule.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I don't think I could adjust to a nine to five schedule.

I don't think I  could handle  sleeping and working odd hours.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I don't think I could adjust to a nine to five schedule.

Neither could I.  I have sleep problems.  I like a constant schedule.  I hate insomnia.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

Neither could I.  I have sleep problems.  I like a constant schedule.  I hate insomnia.

My husband has trouble sleeping too..

When he used to install or repair equipment on site, he never got enough sleep.