Replies: 10551
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:15:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

The benefits and drawbacks of getting married

Started by shin, October 10, 2017, 09:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

When you have a wife or a girlfriend, you cant go anywhere without taking her with you..

And you have to report to her...

Like when you dont come home etc..

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "shin"I think there must be a lot of good reasons for two friends to get married in the Western world

In the past, I've focused at the downside and often thought it didn't have a purpose to someone who wasn't planning on having kids.

I think marriage can work out well if both parties accept it as a partnership, first and foremost.

Outside the Western world, marriage is practically a requirement for success.

Many in the western world see this too.  I dont see it as success at all.  Anyone can get married for any reason...most arranged marriages are fuckin shit and not very ma y people who are married are really, truely actually happy...that is NOT success.

Its amazing how people would rather imagine, pretend and bury their head in the sand than actually face reality.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "shin"I think there must be a lot of good reasons for two friends to get married in the Western world

In the past, I've focused at the downside and often thought it didn't have a purpose to someone who wasn't planning on having kids.

I think marriage can work out well if both parties accept it as a partnership, first and foremost.

Outside the Western world, marriage is practically a requirement for success.

Many in the western world see this too.  I dont see it as success at all.  Anyone can get married for any reason...most arranged marriages are fuckin shit and not very ma y people who are married are really, truely actually happy...that is NOT success.

Its amazing how people would rather imagine, pretend and bury their head in the sand than actually face reality.

It's different in many parts of the world..

Marriage and children are musts for career success..

Discrimination against single people is accepted.

Berry Sweet

I know that Fashy.  All im saying is that these people are pussies who dont want to face the truth.

Those countries that ha e arranged marriages...its not anything to celebrate...the woman doesnt even like the guy shes getting married to...thats NOT success..but putting a blanket over it and pretending it is, is pathetic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I know that Fashy.  All im saying is that these people are pussies who dont want to face the truth.

Those countries that ha e arranged marriages...its not anything to celebrate...the woman doesnt even like the guy shes getting married to...thats NOT success..but putting a blanket over it and pretending it is, is pathetic.

We don't have arranged marriages in China like India does. However,  single adults are viewed with suspicion. Suspicion is not good career wise.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I know that Fashy.  All im saying is that these people are pussies who dont want to face the truth.

We don't have arranged marriages in China like India does. However,  single adults are viewed with suspicion. Suspicion is not good career wise.

My thinking is much different from the average person.  Cant explain.  But if people have "suspicion" of single people, I'd say they have a mental illness or too much time on their hands.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

My thinking is much different from the average person.  Cant explain.  But if people have "suspicion" of single people, I'd say they have a mental illness or too much time on their hands.

China is a conformist culture that has been around for 5000 years. They are not going to embrace all of Western liberalism overnight if ever. Nor should they.

Anonymous

Although Taiwan is more Westernized than the mainland, marriage and family is expected.

cc

I understand established culture does not change fast so am not critical of them - but, so sad that many have to do something they may not want to do (at least at that time) in order to be accepted and succeed

It means many not only do not want it ...  but worse are stuck for life with someone for all the wrong reasons. I find that very sad at a "person" level
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I understand established culture does not change fast so am not critical of them - but, so sad that many have to do something they may not want to do (at least at that time) in order to be accepted and succeed

It means many not only do not want it ...  but worse are stuck for life with someone for all the wrong reasons. I find that very sad at a "person" level

Unfortunately, sometimes marriage in Taiwan is not about love.

cc

Quote from: "cc"I understand established culture does not change fast so am not critical of them - but, so sad that many have to do something they may not want to do (at least at that time) in order to be accepted and succeed

Fortunately for yourself, you were here and found the man of your dreams

ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

Fortunately for yourself, you were here and found the man of your dreams

ac_biggrin

I feel very blessed cc.

ac_smile

cc

I'm happy for you.

For me it took more than one try to get it right. Now, it is extremely right and has been for a long time now

I'm a lucky girl also!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I'm happy for you.

For me it took more than one try to get it right. Now, it is extremely right and has been for a long time now

I'm a lucky girl also!!!

Yes, you are CC. My Daddy remarried. I'm not happy about it, but he seems happy. Besides, there's sweet fuck all I can do about it. I'm an adult and he owes me nothing anymore.

Odinson

Quote from: "cc"I'm happy for you.

I'm a lucky girl also!!!

Yes, you are CC. My Daddy remarried. I'm not happy about it, but he seems happy. Besides, there's sweet fuck all I can do about it. I'm an adult and he owes me nothing anymore.

What if the gold digger is spending up your inheritance.