The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Melamine paint...

Started by Berry Sweet, October 22, 2017, 05:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

..I guess they dont make this anymore...It was a fantistic paint but its bad for the environment.  Anyone know of a similar paint that can get the job done?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"..I guess they dont make this anymore...It was a fantistic paint but its bad for the environment.  Anyone know of a similar paint that can get the job done?

It's still used today as a finish isn't it?

Berry Sweet

I tried looking for it but there is nothing.  I asked people who worked at rona and home depot and apparently its been taken off the market.  I need something similar and durable.

Anonymous

CIL has a melamine finish paint.

Berry Sweet

Whats CIL?

Maybe its banned in BC but not alberta? Ive been holding off on a project cause I really want this paint but I might have to chose something else as I really want to get this done!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Whats CIL?

Maybe its banned in BC but not alberta? Ive been holding off on a project cause I really want this paint but I might have to chose something else as I really want to get this done!

It's a brand of paint used as a finish.

Berry Sweet

Hmmm...Im gonna check out some other places and see what some other options may be.  Im hoping to get this project done before xmas.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Hmmm...Im gonna check out some other places and see what some other options may be.  Im hoping to get this project done before xmas.

What are you doing exactly?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Hmmm...Im gonna check out some other places and see what some other options may be.  Im hoping to get this project done before xmas.

I want to paint the kitchen cupboards.  I did it at my old place and it turned out great!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

I want to paint the kitchen cupboards.  I did it at my old place and it turned out great!

Check where CIL paints are sold in your area Berry.

Berry Sweet

Does it stand for something?  I e never heard of iy

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Does it stand for something?  I e never heard of iy

Probably, but It says CIL on it.

Berry Sweet

Well ..im here at home depot and they have the CIL melamine...they also have it in Behr brand too!

Thx so much for saying something!  I cant believe I was told the product wasnt available anymore.  Bunch of morons!

Now I can buy a can and do this!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Well ..im here at home depot and they have the CIL melamine...they also have it in Behr brand too!

Thx so much for saying something!  I cant believe I was told the product wasnt available anymore.  Bunch of morons!

Now I can buy a can and do this!

That's terrific Berry.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani: