News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10551
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:15:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

How often do you vacation? Where do like to go?

Started by Superchecker, October 24, 2017, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
It looked peaceful. More wildlife would be nice .

You did read my bear story didnt you?  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Any where there's no one is a location I'd love to go, probably Antarctica would be a nice place.  

Most of the time I travel one time per year on average, usually I just go back to Hong Kong for a few months for work and visiting, and sometimes fly to other near by places.

Do you like warm tropical beach destinations Zetsu?

I sure do, as long as it's not too congest with people, along with a computer with internet access in the wilderness is a huge bonus, lol.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Any where there's no one is a location I'd love to go, probably Antarctica would be a nice place.  

Most of the time I travel one time per year on average, usually I just go back to Hong Kong for a few months for work and visiting, and sometimes fly to other near by places.

I sure do, as long as it's not too congest with people, along with a computer with internet access in the wilderness is a huge bonus, lol.

Internet access in the bush? Good luck finding that.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Blazor"

You would love it where I backpack to. So peaceful.

I know exactly what ya mean.  ac_cool  Been to a few camp sights just a few hours away from Toronto and couldn't believe how huge they were with so little people.  Just put the ones in Hong Kong into shame, the whole place just looks like a clutter refugee camp.

Zetsu

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Internet access in the bush? Good luck finding that.

I was mostly joking, but this has always been my dream, living in a deserted tropical island with a online PC, lol.  With mobile data plans and internet satellite equipment these days I dun see how it's not possible.

Anonymous

I know exactly what ya mean.  ac_cool  Been to a few camp sights just a few hours away from Toronto and couldn't believe how huge they were with so little people.  Just put the ones in Hong Kong into shame, the whole place just looks like a clutter refugee camp.

Hong Kong has been crowded for a long time..

What I don't like about Hong Kong is the speed at which the middle class is disappearing..

Housing prices have skyrocketed from already high price tags..

Wealthy mainlanders are driving it..

Something needs to be done or the middle class will be forced into poverty.

Zetsu

Hong Kong has been crowded for a long time..

What I don't like about Hong Kong is the speed at which the middle class is disappearing..

Housing prices have skyrocketed from already high price tags..

Wealthy mainlanders are driving it..

Something needs to be done or the middle class will be forced into poverty.

Unfortunately you couldn't be any more correct, currently fresh university grads in Hong Kong these day will never be able to pay off their mortgage for the rest of their entire lives just for a compact size 750sq ft apartment.  The biggest problem is the HongKong government on how they exploit the system, selling property one at a time to the highest bidder and continue to push the property price upwards by holding 2/3 of the land for themselves and only letting 1/3 be used for urban development.

Anonymous

Unfortunately you couldn't be any more correct, currently fresh university grads in Hong Kong these day will never be able to pay off their mortgage for the rest of their entire lives just for a compact size 750sq ft apartment.  The biggest problem is the HongKong government on how they exploit the system, selling property one at a time to the highest bidder and continue to push the property price upwards by holding 2/3 of the land for themselves and only letting 1/3 be used for urban development.

The government of Hong Kong owns two thirds of the land in Hong Kong?

ac_wot

I didn't know that Zetsu.

Zetsu

ac_wot

Yep, all the land they own are uninhabited, though most of them are mountains but can still be reconstructed and leveled for more urban development like in Singapore.

Anonymous

ac_wot

Yep, all the land they own are uninhabited, though most of them are mountains but can still be reconstructed and leveled for more urban development like in Singapore.

I had no idea Zetsu..

Hong Kong desperately needs more affordable housing..

Shen Li lived in Shenzen across the border from Hong Kong..

I wonder is she was aware of that.

Zetsu

ac_wot

I had no idea Zetsu..

Hong Kong desperately needs more affordable housing..

Shen Li lived in Shenzen across the border from Hong Kong..

I wonder is she was aware of that.

Sadly the problem is Hongkong's greedy government also has been taking advantage of the high property prices to make most of their profit, since income taxes only caps at 12% if the income earner has parents or family members to look after, b/c of the low tax system the government look towards selling property to make most of their money.  But imo even without selling property I think the government can still remain it's status as one of the richest in the world.  Considering they don't have to fund CCP's military or support any other geographical projects outside of HK thanks to their SAR status.

Anonymous

I've lived or worked on every continent except Antarctica. I've vacationed all over the globe.

My favorite place to be is my farm in Saskatchewan. But, the old lady and I get away some place warm every year. We're thinking about Roatan  island Honduras after winter drilling season ends.

Anonymous

Sadly the problem is Hongkong's greedy government also has been taking advantage of the high property prices to make most of their profit, since income taxes only caps at 12% if the income earner has parents or family members to look after, b/c of the low tax system the government look towards selling property to make most of their money.  But imo even without selling property I think the government can still remain it's status as one of the richest in the world.  Considering they don't have to fund CCP's military or support any other geographical projects outside of HK thanks to their SAR status.

So you're saying the SAR government needs to make up for the shortfall in revenue by selling property to the highest bidder?

Zetsu

So you're saying the SAR government needs to make up for the shortfall in revenue by selling property to the highest bidder?

Yea, they mainly make money by selling new land, collecting property taxes, and keep driving up property cost, then they repurchase the old districts, rebuild them and resell them at a higher price, then people buy it and resell it at another higher price.  Somehow this bubble just never pops.

Anonymous

Yea, they mainly make money by selling new land, collecting property taxes, and keep driving up property cost, then they repurchase the old districts, rebuild them and resell them at a higher price, then people buy it and resell it at another higher price.  Somehow this bubble just never pops.

It's unconscionable that the government of Hong Kong would participate in a scheme that pushes so many people into poverty.