News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

How often do you vacation? Where do like to go?

Started by Superchecker, October 24, 2017, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Back to the op, hey Superchecker where do you stay in Vegas? The old lady and I stayed at the Monte Carlo last time we were there.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Sadly the problem is Hongkong's greedy government also has been taking advantage of the high property prices to make most of their profit, since income taxes only caps at 12% if the income earner has parents or family members to look after, b/c of the low tax system the government look towards selling property to make most of their money.  But imo even without selling property I think the government can still remain it's status as one of the richest in the world.  Considering they don't have to fund CCP's military or support any other geographical projects outside of HK thanks to their SAR status.

So you're saying the SAR government needs to make up for the shortfall in revenue by selling property to the highest bidder?

Yea, they mainly make money by selling new land, collecting property taxes, and keep driving up property cost, then they repurchase the old districts, rebuild them and resell them at a higher price, then people buy it and resell it at another higher price.  Somehow this bubble just never pops.

It's unconscionable that the government of Hong Kong would participate in a scheme that pushes so many people into poverty.

Yea it's pretty messed up, and kinda ironic that the greedy cash grabbing government is mainly responsible for letting all this happen.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Sadly the problem is Hongkong's greedy government also has been taking advantage of the high property prices to make most of their profit, since income taxes only caps at 12% if the income earner has parents or family members to look after, b/c of the low tax system the government look towards selling property to make most of their money.  But imo even without selling property I think the government can still remain it's status as one of the richest in the world.  Considering they don't have to fund CCP's military or support any other geographical projects outside of HK thanks to their SAR status.

So you're saying the SAR government needs to make up for the shortfall in revenue by selling property to the highest bidder?

Yea, they mainly make money by selling new land, collecting property taxes, and keep driving up property cost, then they repurchase the old districts, rebuild them and resell them at a higher price, then people buy it and resell it at another higher price.  Somehow this bubble just never pops.

It's unconscionable that the government of Hong Kong would participate in a scheme that pushes so many people into poverty.

Yea it's pretty messed up, and kinda ironic that the greedy cash grabbing government is mainly responsible for letting all this happen.

In your opinion Zetsu, are most people in Hong Kong aware of this?

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Any where there's no one is a location I'd love to go, probably Antarctica would be a nice place.  

Most of the time I travel one time per year on average, usually I just go back to Hong Kong for a few months for work and visiting, and sometimes fly to other near by places.

Do you like warm tropical beach destinations Zetsu?

I sure do, as long as it's not too congest with people, along with a computer with internet access in the wilderness is a huge bonus, lol.

Internet access in the bush? Good luck finding that.

I was mostly joking, but this has always been my dream, living in a deserted tropical island with a online PC, lol.  With mobile data plans and internet satellite equipment these days I dun see how it's not possible.

I will be living in a tropical paradise in six and a half years. I can hardly wait to get the heck out of here.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"My wife and I have been to the Caribbean, Central America and Southern Mexico more times than I can count. This year it will be Panama where we will live when I retire in six and a half years.

Let me guess. San Jose de David.

Blazor

I know exactly what ya mean.  ac_cool  Been to a few camp sights just a few hours away from Toronto and couldn't believe how huge they were with so little people.  Just put the ones in Hong Kong into shame, the whole place just looks like a clutter refugee camp.

I actually pack a backpack, hike a couple miles up a trail, and no one is around me for miles lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
I actually pack a backpack, hike a couple miles up a trail, and no one is around me for miles lol.

Have you ever travelled abroad or even to Canada or Mexico?

Blazor

I've been to North and South Carolina, Connecticut, Texas, and Washington state and D.C.

Most were 1 or 2 day ventures, Washington state was the first time I flew. Never been out of the country, and lived here in this area all my life.

There are lots of places I would love to go. Prolly even more that I dont bother learning about simply cause I know I'll never afford to go to those places.

Anonymous

I've been to North and South Carolina, Connecticut, Texas, and Washington state and D.C.

Most were 1 or 2 day ventures, Washington state was the first time I flew. Never been out of the country, and lived here in this area all my life.

There are lots of places I would love to go. Prolly even more that I dont bother learning about simply cause I know I'll never afford to go to those places.

Maybe you should take baby steps..

Perhaps a drive up to Quebec City..

It's more French than Paris.

Blazor

I did take 2 years of French, but slept through the 2nd year lol. I originally wanted to take Japanese but the class was always full. There was no Chinese or Russian language course.

New Zealand is prolly one on the top of my list of places I'd like to visit.

Anonymous

I did take 2 years of French, but slept through the 2nd year lol. I originally wanted to take Japanese but the class was always full. There was no Chinese or Russian language course.

New Zealand is prolly one on the top of my list of places I'd like to visit.

Work your way up to it Blazor with a drive up to la belle province..

Quebec City is the most distinctive city in North America.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Herman"Back to the op, hey Superchecker where do you stay in Vegas? The old lady and I stayed at the Monte Carlo last time we were there.

We earn free stays thru our slot card. Lately we've enjoyed Caesars palace, Bally's and the Paris.

Have stayed at: Imperial Palace (now rebranded as The Quad); Treasure Island twice; the Luxor twice; Excalibur; the Paris twice; Bally's twice; The Rio; Caesars Palace; the Flamingo twice; Harrah's twice...

Oh, and I forgot Planet Hollywood too
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Herman"Back to the op, hey Superchecker where do you stay in Vegas? The old lady and I stayed at the Monte Carlo last time we were there.

We earn free stays thru our slot card. Lately we've enjoyed Caesars palace, Bally's and the Paris.

Have stayed at: Imperial Palace (now rebranded as The Quad); Treasure Island twice; the Luxor twice; Excalibur; the Paris twice; Bally's twice; The Rio; Caesars Palace; the Flamingo twice; Harrah's twice...

We've stayed at the Flamingo. We liked the buffet there.

Have you ever stayed on Frement?

Blazor

Work your way up to it Blazor with a drive up to la belle province..

Quebec City is the most distinctive city in North America.

I may, ya never know lol. I hated the drive up through NE America though, the drivers were awful.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Herman"Have you ever stayed on Frement?

Not yet, heard great things about the Golden Nugget.

We keep getting offers to stay at the Gold Coast, off the strip. Might try them at some point.

My wife likes Bally's and the Paris.
<t></t>