Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Oct 25; Do you know what that means?

Started by Superchecker, October 25, 2017, 05:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Just 2 months til the big day!!! :yahoo:

Do you look forward to Christmas?

Not so much the commercialization, but the celebrating with family and friends. Experiencing the magic thru kids eyes. Donating to worthy causes.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Just 2 months til the big day!!! :yahoo:

No so much the commercialization, but the celebrating with family and friends. Experiencing the magic thru kids eyes. Donating to worthy causes.

Yay, I love Christmas Superchecker..

I donate and volunteer for the Salvation Army and our classic rock station's Secret Wish effort..

I bake and give out gifts to neighbours, co workers, and friends..

We have Christmas pot lucks at work, every year I cook a big dinner and bring it to all the workers at my husband's shop..

We have an annual Christmas pageant at my children's school that I help make costumes for..

I love everything about Christmas.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Superchecker"Just 2 months til the big day!!! :yahoo:

No so much the commercialization, but the celebrating with family and friends. Experiencing the magic thru kids eyes. Donating to worthy causes.

Yay, I love Christmas Superchecker..

I donate and volunteer for the Salvation Army and our classic rock station's Secret Wish effort..

I bake and give out gifts to neighbours, co workers, and friends..

We have Christmas pot lucks at work, every year I cook a big dinner and bring it to all the workers at my husband's shop..

We have an annual Christmas pageant at my children's school that I help make costumes for..

I love everything about Christmas.

Sounds like you are quite busy leading up to Christmas.

I love butter tarts and shortbread this time of year.

Got friends staying with us this year.

I try to work the actual holidays. Triple time on Dec 25, double time and a half on Dec 26 & Jan 1.
<t></t>

Anonymous

I will make you butter tarts and shortbread Superchecker.

ac_smile

I'm off work every year from a few days before Christmas until the day after New Years..

My husband works in oilfield services, so they are busy for winter drilling and servicing season..

He often works between Christmas and January 1.

Anonymous

Hard to believe there's less than sixty shopping days left until Christmas.

We are a childless couple like superchecker and his wife. We vosit my sibling's families and they visit us overthe Christmas holidays. We always cook a big meal. Sometimes we go to Central America for the holidays.

Blazor

I know what it means, it means its my birthday  ac_dance

:laugh:

Christmas has lost its flavor with me as of late. Too much commercialization, as early as September. As far as family, most mine has either moved or passed away, so its not as special as it use to be. I'll still get a real tree after my son's bday, mostly for him. Wont be multiple dinners this year, prolly only at my gf's mom's house. I hear my in-laws are going out this year, and my dad passed last month so wont be there. Man, gonna miss out on several food goodies this year. I'll have to make some of my usuals though. I always make fudge.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Berry Sweet

I dont buy gifts and pile them under the tree.  Im not a materialistic person and nor I am one of those ridiculous fb person who just has to post a picture of my fabulous tree with 500 gift piled under it.  That doesnt represent xmas.

Xmas is about giving and being kind...enjoying activities and attending community events.

Lo's birthday and xmas are close to eachother so it can be a costly time for me.  Instead I take her shopping, starting now up until the end of the year.  She gets to pick out some items she wants and enjoys them thru the season.  I find opening a bunch of gifts one day is extremely overwhelming for a child and by the time they are done, they generally forget most of the stuff they got and a lot of it just gets shoved off into a corner never to be used or enjoyed at all...such a waste.

Lo got to go to disney world as her bday and xmas gift...she will be getting a new phone in a few weeks and ive already bought her some clothes and there will be other small items she is allowed to pick out.  Want no, waste not.  Everything I purchase goes to use, not for show.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Lo's birthday and xmas are close to eachother so it can be a costly time for me.

My son's is 3 weeks before Christmas, I know what ya mean!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I dont buy gifts and pile them under the tree.  Im not a materialistic person and nor I am one of those ridiculous fb person who just has to post a picture of my fabulous tree with 500 gift piled under it.  That doesnt represent xmas.

Xmas is about giving and being kind...enjoying activities and attending community events.

Lo's birthday and xmas are close to eachother so it can be a costly time for me.  Instead I take her shopping, starting now up until the end of the year.  She gets to pick out some items she wants and enjoys them thru the season.  I find opening a bunch of gifts one day is extremely overwhelming for a child and by the time they are done, they generally forget most of the stuff they got and a lot of it just gets shoved off into a corner never to be used or enjoyed at all...such a waste.

Lo got to go to disney world as her bday and xmas gift...she will be getting a new phone in a few weeks and ive already bought her some clothes and there will be other small items she is allowed to pick out.  Want no, waste not.  Everything I purchase goes to use, not for show.

Do her grandparents buy her Christmas gifts?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Blazor"

Lo's birthday and xmas are close to eachother so it can be a costly time for me.

My son's is 3 weeks before Christmas, I know what ya mean!

Yeah.  And we dont want to say, "this is for your bday AND for xmas" cause it really isnt fair.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Yes.  My dad is a banana head when it comes to gifts but my mom (Lo's grandma) buys her many things.  Some family members send gift cards or packages.

Nobody on her dads side of the family buy her anything.  They never have.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Yes.  My dad is a banana head when it comes to gifts but my mom (Lo's grandma) buys her many things.  Some family members send gift cards or packages.

Nobody on her dads side of the family buy her anything.  They never have.

Does that mean a cheap person?

Perhaps a person with no Christmas spirit?

Anonymous

Sounds like you have a party week plan Blazor. Enjoy it my friend.

Blazor

Yeah.  And we dont want to say, "this is for your bday AND for xmas" cause it really isnt fair.

Lol, you're right! One thing I do, is if its something kinda expensive that he wants or that I want to get him, then he knows the other day will be something small. Still get him something both times though lol. I also usually wait til after his bday to do the tree.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"Sounds like you have a party week plan Blazor. Enjoy it my friend.

Thanks man, Im trying lol. Dinner last night was awesome.