Replies: 10375
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:08:58 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Bees attracted to my Kenworth...

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 15, 2018, 10:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

Beekeepers just left, and it seems that the bees were instantly attracted to my Kenworth.  They were actually following the hood of the truck for a couple hundred feet before I stopped.

The Kenworth hood is red and white, so maybe the colour attracts them?  I had both windows open, but they didn't really seem to care about me that much.  They loved the hood though!    ac_dunno

(Just bear with YouTube's shitty compression algorithm...  Every vid looks shittier once I upload it to YouTube)

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Beekeepers just left, and it seems that the bees were instantly attracted to my Kenworth.  They were actually following the hood of the truck for a couple hundred feet before I stopped.

The Kenworth hood is red and white, so maybe the colour attracts them?  I had both windows open, but they didn't really seem to care about me that much.  They loved the hood though!    ac_dunno

">

I raise bees for honey. Great hobby and I make a few bucks from it.

Chuck Bronson

Good thing these are European honeybees.  They are relatively gentle around people.

The African version is more aggressive, and will be quick to attack, especially when in large packs.

Hmmm...    :laugh:

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Herman"I raise bees for honey. Great hobby and I make a few bucks from it.

Just put a few bee-boxes out like in the field here?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Herman"I raise bees for honey. Great hobby and I make a few bucks from it.

Just put a few bee-boxes out like in the field here?

I keep them on my farm.

Berry Sweet

Cool!  If I ever get a place in the country, I'd love to have bees  for honey.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Cool!  If I ever get a place in the country, I'd love to have bees  for honey.

Me too Berry..

I'd like free  range chickens too.