The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Formerly--(Would you buy a house somebody was brutally murdered in?) which somehow became a Holocaust thread

Started by Wazzzup, November 10, 2017, 11:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

I don't know if I would.  I am skeptical about supernatural things and religion.  But there is a small percentage in my mind reserved for  "what if I'm wrong," and I am sure it would nag at me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I don't know if I would.  I am skeptical about supernatural things and religion.  But there is a small percentage in my mind reserved for  "what if I'm wrong," and I am sure it would nag at me.

I would. That doesn't scare me.

Berry Sweet

No.  I have lived in places where people have died in (naturally and not murdered) but Ive experienced creepy things I cant explain.  I wont live in a place where someone has died.

Bricktop

If you were nervous about buying a house that someone died in, you'd be living in a tent. Everyone dies somewhere.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I don't know if I would.  I am skeptical about supernatural things and religion.  But there is a small percentage in my mind reserved for  "what if I'm wrong," and I am sure it would nag at me.

I have nothing to fear from a house that somebody died in.

Zetsu

I'm rather hesitant living in a house with someone killed in it, but if it's a nice and affordable house, hmm...
Permanently off his rocker

@realAzhyaAryola

This brings me to this question: Should you inquire about the history of a place you are about to buy?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"This brings me to this question: Should you inquire about the history of a place you are about to buy?

Absolutely Azhya, repairs especially.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I have nothing to fear from a house that somebody died in.

I feel the same but if I had knowledge that a previous occupant was BRUTALLY murdered in there, the very idea of that will not sit well with me. There's got to be other places to consider.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

I don't know. There was a legend of a haunted farm house close to my parents farm when I was a kid. I know it was on the market a long time every time it went up for sale.

@realAzhyaAryola

My home is my sanctuary. I have to be completely comfortable in it and no bad feelings, doubts, misgivings must be felt in it.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"My home is my sanctuary. I have to be completely comfortable in it and no bad feelings, doubts, misgivings must be felt in it.

So you wouldn't buy the Amityville horror house no matter how good of a deal you got.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop

Been to many houses the were the scene of homicides.

Most were re-occupied, except one. Its a ruin now. For some reason they couldn't give it away after the woman who lived there was butchered by a lunatic with a knife.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"My home is my sanctuary. I have to be completely comfortable in it and no bad feelings, doubts, misgivings must be felt in it.

So you wouldn't buy the Amityville horror house no matter how good of a deal you got.

I assume there was a lot of media publicity about that horrific event?