The best topic

Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Formerly--(Would you buy a house somebody was brutally murdered in?) which somehow became a Holocaust thread

Started by Wazzzup, November 10, 2017, 11:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"I don't know if I would.  I am skeptical about supernatural things and religion.  But there is a small percentage in my mind reserved for  "what if I'm wrong," and I am sure it would nag at me.

I have nothing to fear from a house that somebody died in.

The boogeyman eats little girls like you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Been to many houses the were the scene of homicides.

Most were re-occupied, except one. Its a ruin now. For some reason they couldn't give it away after the woman who lived there was butchered by a lunatic with a knife.

I wouldn't buy a house if I had saw the bloody aftermath like you have.

Wazzzup

just some FYI on house selling and disclosing murders hauntings etc. in the US

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmatized_property">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmatized_property

QuoteMurder/suicide stigma: Some jurisdictions in the United States require property sellers to reveal if murder or suicide occurred on the premises. California state law does if the event occurred within the previous three years. To protect sellers from lawsuits, Florida state law does not require any notification.[2] In North Carolina, sellers and agents do not have to volunteer information about the death of previous occupants, but a direct question must be answered truthfully.[1]

Phenomena stigma: Many (but not all) jurisdictions require disclosure if a house is renowned for "haunting", ghost sightings, etc. This is in a separate category from public stigma, wherein the knowledge of "haunting" is restricted to a local market.[3]

Public stigma : when the stigma is known to a wide selection of the population and any reasonable person can be expected to know of it. Examples include the Amityville Horror house and the home of the Menendez brothers. Public stigma must always be disclosed, in almost all American and European jurisdictions.[3]  

@realAzhyaAryola

Spent time with friends recently and one believes in the supernatural stating that in her home, she hears spirits all the time and that her dog senses them too. She said she has not seen anything yet but believes she is surrounded by spirits.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I was in her car in the backseat and she said, "In fact, Azhya, there's a spirit sitting beside you now in the backseat." That was freaky. Haha. I don't concern myself with spirits. I have enough issues to deal with with the living around me that I don't want to waste my time on matters I can't see or feel or believe in.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Aryan

Hell no, I don't fancy getting haunted by a poltergeist.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Hell no, I don't fancy getting haunted by a poltergeist.

You believe in that? ac_wot

Aryan

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Not sure to be honest, but I definitely wouldn't be able to settle in a place which harbours a brutal and bloody history.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"

Not sure to be honest, but I definitely wouldn't be able to settle in a place which harbours a brutal and bloody history.

What happened in the past wouldn't bother me.

Bricktop

Well, he believes the Jews run the world and we need another Hitler, so why not???

ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Well, he believes the Jews run the world and we need another Hitler, so why not???

ac_toofunny

Makes poltergeists seem believable. ac_toofunny

@realAzhyaAryola

Is the Holocaust bloody to you then?

I am hesitant to visit the holocaust sites but I have no problem going to Gettysburg. To me, death by dignified battle isn't the same as shepherding a group of people into a chamber to eradicate a race. I just don't feel inclined to visit the holocaust sites. I imagine a grim aura must linger there.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"

Is the Holocaust bloody to you then?

I am hesitant to visit the holocaust sites but I have no problem going to Gettysburg. To me, death by dignified battle isn't the same as shepherding a group of people into a chamber to eradicate a race. I just don't feel inclined to visit the holocaust sites. I imagine a grim aura must linger there.

I've been to Auschwitz and the Killing Fields Museum in Cambodia. It's a surreal experience.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola