Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Melamine paint...

Started by Berry Sweet, October 22, 2017, 05:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Well ..im here at home depot and they have the CIL melamine...they also have it in Behr brand too!

Thx so much for saying something!  I cant believe I was told the product wasnt available anymore.  Bunch of morons!

Now I can buy a can and do this!

That's terrific Berry.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Berry Sweet

Yes!  Im very excited!  I cant wait to have fresh looking cupboards!

Berry Sweet

ok so...I guess I should really buy a primer...im gonna go check it out...but anyone got a recommendation for a primer under the melamine?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"ok so...I guess I should really buy a primer...im gonna go check it out...but anyone got a recommendation for a primer under the melamine?

Have you  asked at the hardware store?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"ok so...I guess I should really buy a primer...im gonna go check it out...but anyone got a recommendation for a primer under the melamine?

I dont always trust emplyees at the hardware store..ive gotten some really dumb answers...or they pretend they know but really dont.

As before I was looking for melamine paint and was told at a few places it wasnt made anymore...I asked here and got answers...went looking myself and managed to find it.

I just want to do a little research on my own and curious to anyone elses experience with this type of paint before I make a final decision.  It helps.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

I dont always trust emplyees at the hardware store..ive gotten some really dumb answers...or they pretend they know but really dont.

As before I was looking for melamine paint and was told at a few places it wasnt made anymore...I asked here and got answers...went looking myself and managed to find it.

I just want to do a little research on my own and curious to anyone elses experience with this type of paint before I make a final decision.  It helps.

I found this on the internet Berry..

The secret is in the prep work; if you skimp on this, your paint surface will fail. All of the doors were washed with TSP, which is absolutely critical since a kitchen has all kinds of airbourne grease, and it has adhered to every surface. I then primed with Zinsser Bullsye 123 before applying the melamine paint

I hope it helps

Bricktop

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yes!  Im very excited!  I cant wait to have fresh looking cupboards!

Pics or it didn't happen?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I found this on the internet Berry..

The secret is in the prep work; if you skimp on this, your paint surface will fail. All of the doors were washed with TSP, which is absolutely critical since a kitchen has all kinds of airbourne grease, and it has adhered to every surface. I then primed with Zinsser Bullsye 123 before applying the melamine paint

I hope it helps

Ill look into that.  Thx Fashy!   I had no time today.  :(

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yes!  Im very excited!  I cant wait to have fresh looking cupboards!

Its going to take a while.  They are just basic doors, nothing to write home about.  They are kind of abused right now because of years of kids...it will look neat, clean and basic when its done.

Do cupboard doors make you all hot or something?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Its going to take a while.  They are just basic doors, nothing to write home about.  They are kind of abused right now because of years of kids...it will look neat, clean and basic when its done.

Do cupboard doors make you all hot or something?

Who doesn't like a fresh coat of paint.

:laugh:

Berry Sweet

Who knew eh?  Lol

Anonymous