The best topic

Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

China's 1,180 meter High Glass Walkway

Started by Wazzzup, November 18, 2017, 09:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

I know....I was tweaking Shen's nose.

China was the technology centre of the world in ancient times. But, as usual, politics and feudalism destroyed everything.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I know....I was tweaking Shen's nose.

China was the technology centre of the world in ancient times. But, as usual, politics and feudalism destroyed everything.

And she takes the bait every time.

Bricktop

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"
">

I love the simulated cracking, nice touch!

An article with more pictures--

http://themindcircle.com/glass-bridge-tianmen-mountain-zhangjiajie-national-forest-park-hunan-china/">http://themindcircle.com/glass-bridge-t ... nan-china/">http://themindcircle.com/glass-bridge-tianmen-mountain-zhangjiajie-national-forest-park-hunan-china/
We are a great nation of innovation and engineering....the fucking greatest the world has ever known. ac_dance   :yahoo:

Innovation?

To the best of my knowledge, China has two major technical achievements to its name; noodles and firecrackers. Everything else is copied from the West.

Today they're known as the land of knock offs, but in ancient times China had amazing engineering technology, from making hand held cross bows triggers that can hold 400lbs to over 1000lb of stored kinetic energy, natural gas mining, invented the gun, paper, compass, printing press, paper currency, chemical weapons like mustard gas, tear gas, mercury vapor gas, etc, biggest known underground tomb in ancient times, and have hot weapons too like bombs, rocket, flame throwers, and building boats(not sure the exact term) with multi-chamber compartments on the side and bottom of the hull in case of a leakage and using rudders while the Roman still never thought of it.  The invention of the stirrup in China that revolutionize knights and cavalry warfare in Europe.  But too bad all those culture is now gone and but been well preserved in Japan and Korea.

I remember seeing something on netflix about the terracotta army and how over 2000 years ago Chinese were using crossbows with bronze triggers.,  It was impressive.

Anonymous

">

I love the simulated cracking, nice touch!

An article with more pictures--

http://themindcircle.com/glass-bridge-tianmen-mountain-zhangjiajie-national-forest-park-hunan-china/">http://themindcircle.com/glass-bridge-t ... nan-china/">http://themindcircle.com/glass-bridge-tianmen-mountain-zhangjiajie-national-forest-park-hunan-china/
We are a great nation of innovation and engineering....the fucking greatest the world has ever known. ac_dance   :yahoo:

Innovation?

To the best of my knowledge, China has two major technical achievements to its name; noodles and firecrackers. Everything else is copied from the West.

Today they're known as the land of knock offs, but in ancient times China had amazing engineering technology, from making hand held cross bows triggers that can hold 400lbs to over 1000lb of stored kinetic energy, natural gas mining, invented the gun, paper, compass, printing press, paper currency, chemical weapons like mustard gas, tear gas, mercury vapor gas, etc, biggest known underground tomb in ancient times, and have hot weapons too like bombs, rocket, flame throwers, and building boats(not sure the exact term) with multi-chamber compartments on the side and bottom of the hull in case of a leakage and using rudders while the Roman still never thought of it.  The invention of the stirrup in China that revolutionize knights and cavalry warfare in Europe.  But too bad all those culture is now gone and but been well preserved in Japan and Korea.

I remember seeing something on netflix about the terracotta army and how over 2000 years ago Chinese were using crossbows with bronze triggers.,  It was impressive.
During the Ming dynasty, China lost it's innovative zeal..

The West picked up the slack.

Zetsu

It was pretty cool while it lasted, during her time China was kinda like the ancient version of the US but unfortunately like as Fash mentioned during the Ming Dynasty around 1400AD they built the biggest non-modern fleet and travel to most of the continents except for Europe and Antarctica and found no civilization that posed a technological rivalry or threat to theirs and decided to cut all R&D and close all doors to the world.  Then a few centuries later came the European powers that conquered more than half of the world and came the opium wars. :001_tongue:
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

It was pretty cool while it lasted, during her time China was kinda like the ancient version of the US but unfortunately like as Fash mentioned during the Ming Dynasty around 1400AD they built the biggest non-modern fleet and travel to most of the continents except for Europe and Antarctica and found no civilization that posed a technological rivalry or threat to theirs and decided to cut all R&D and close all doors to the world.  Then a few centuries later came the European powers that conquered more than half of the world and came the opium wars. :001_tongue:

A fatal mistake.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"

A fatal mistake.

Sadly so, but tbh I think China would still lose to England and most of Europe anyways, the technology that took China over a millennia to develop, it took the West less than 1/5 of the time to catch up.  The only way for a country to advance their technology is through war and more wars, once China was united it was pretty much the end.

Anonymous

A fatal mistake.

Sadly so, but tbh I think China would still lose to England and most of Europe anyways, the technology that took China over a millennia to develop, it took the West less than 1/5 of the time to catch up.  The only way for a country to advance their technology is through war and more wars, once China was united it was pretty much the end.

China still invented stuff during the Qing dynasty. The machine gun being the most obvious.  Expert Dai Zi managed to develop a continuously shooting gun. He lived during the Qing Dynasty and his invention was able to hold up to 28 bullets.

Zetsu

A fatal mistake.

China still invented stuff during the Qing dynasty. The machine gun being the most obvious.  Expert Dai Zi managed to develop a continuously shooting gun. He lived during the Qing Dynasty and his invention was able to hold up to 28 bullets.

I think I know which one you're talking about, if it's the one were you just dump in a bunch of metal balls and a pour in some gun power into another compartment chamber, I forgot what it's called but I heard it'll eventually cause a fatality to it's user once it jams or malfunctions, lol.

Anonymous

A fatal mistake.

I think I know which one you're talking about, if it's the one were you just dump in a bunch of metal balls and a pour in some gun power into another compartment chamber, I forgot what it's called but I heard it'll eventually cause a fatality to it's user once it jams or malfunctions, lol.

Apparently, it  was like an early Gatlin. I don't know much about firearms.

He was kicked out of the army, framed by snaky court officials for stepping on the wrong toes and banished him to Shenyang.

Zetsu

A fatal mistake.

Apparently, it  was like an early Gatlin. I don't know much about firearms.

He was kicked out of the army, framed by snaky court officials for stepping on the wrong toes and banished him to Shenyang.

I never knew much about the fate of it's inventor, but sounds like another a dime a dozen sad tragic hero ending in China again, I mean so many people that worked hard and contributed only to be punished or executed.

Anonymous

^Jealousy had a lot to do with his exile.

Bricktop

Oh, and China also invented the dishwasher, the jet engine, polyester, and the common lawnmower.

:laugh3:

Anonymous

Oh, and China also invented the dishwasher, the jet engine, polyester, and the common lawnmower.

:laugh3:

:roll: